R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-19-2005, 08:21 PM   #4666
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

You might try the xray forums. As for the lowered suspension holders I believe they are used to allow the suspension holders to sit inbetween the holes buit into the bulkheads. I see many team drivers set ups use them on the middle home of the bulk head all the way around to get inbetween the middle and lower hole. I personally dont feel the need to use them as I can't feel the difference yet. Hit me up with any ohter questions Knight. I ran a TC4 previously also and am still learning this XRAY world.

Andrew Doherty
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:31 PM   #4667
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
Do they affect roll ceter? I'm also running a 3mm chassis.
Yes they affect roll center. They lower the arm which lowers the roll center....at least this is what I have always thought. Try the losi thrust bearing. I heard it works. The best place to find help with your car is by learning it for yourself through practice and talking to the local fast guys.
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #4668
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtc3od
Yes they affect roll center. They lower the arm which lowers the roll center....at least this is what I have always thought. Try the losi thrust bearing. I heard it works. The best place to find help with your car is by learning it for yourself through practice and talking to the local fast guys.

Thanks, but my questions are more geared about buying parts that I don't want to spend the money if they will not work.

Are any of the team guys using these lower mounts for carpet? Am I missing this on the setup sheets? I can't tell if they are using them.

I want to upgrade to the ceramic balls. Maybe I'll try the Acer balls in the Xray thrust bearing assembly. Anyone do this?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:47 PM   #4669
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Thumbs up

i had an x ray and then thought i could win with something else like a losi tried it did not like it sold it and bought anouther x ray i finished second in 19 turn stock tonight with the x ray
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:48 PM   #4670
Tech Regular

The lower mounts work well. I would just stick to the xray stuff as far as the diff goes. The ceramic balls seem to go flat fast. They are probably using them for certain situations.
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:49 PM   #4671
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
Thanks, but my questions are more geared about buying parts that I don't want to spend the money if they will not work.

Are any of the team guys using these lower mounts for carpet? Am I missing this on the setup sheets? I can't tell if they are using them.

I want to upgrade to the ceramic balls. Maybe I'll try the Acer balls in the Xray thrust bearing assembly. Anyone do this?
The Xray thrusts are more than adequate for use; including modified racing. Spend you money elsewhere.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:03 PM   #4672
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to RayWarner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson
The Xray thrusts are more than adequate for use; including modified racing. Spend you money elsewhere.

I agree w/ Dawson. If you run foam spend your money on the hard frt. and rear arms. Find the 0deg rear hubs,carpet frt. shock tower, and purchase some spacers to play w/ roll center. Do the simple stuff like make sure the shocks are all the same length and they rebound the same. Ray
RayWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 09:07 PM   #4673
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to RayWarner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
I was thinking about changing my shocks for Tamiya. Do Tamiya shocks fit Xray? The price for a full set of aluminum bodied shocks only $60 usd for 4. That's a steal for the best shocks in the RC world.

I use the TRf shocks on mine. Two hole piston and they work like a dream. I put the ball studs in the arms and the ball studs in the towers. If you build the shocks w/ the Tamiys lower ball cups should be long enough to run sm. foams. I run foams cut down to 57mm and droop is never a problem. Hope this helps. Ray
RayWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 08:13 AM   #4674
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

I asked before and never really got an answer....Will the Associated Springs work OK on the Xray shocks? I'm having a hard time dropping $60-$100 on springs for a car thats not my primary mod car. Have a ton of springs from my son's TC3 and if these will substitute ok then I'll stick with those. Any ideas?
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 08:26 AM   #4675
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The first day of racing with my FK05 I used AE springs. Mind you I switched from a tub TC4 when I saw the car handled AWESOME, even with the AE speings. As for fit, they are perfect. You will not be able to get the exact same spring rates as XRAY springs however, which can be bothersone if you are anal retentive when trying to blueprint a new setup. You can usually get with in five lbs thouhg. You just have to have the rates/colors for both cars' springs. Again I did not do extensive testing with this as once I had a little more $$ I bought the XRAY springs I needed. Purely speculating you might check to see that the AE springs are the same length so that you so not run into issues with maintaing ride height at extremes of tire diameter. (ie 55 mm or 59 mm)
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 08:28 AM   #4676
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
The first day of racing with my FK05 I used AE springs. Mind you I switched from a tub TC4 when I saw the car handled AWESOME, even with the AE speings. As for fit, they are perfect. You will not be able to get the exact same spring rates as XRAY springs however, which can be bothersone if you are anal retentive when trying to blueprint a new setup. You can usually get with in five lbs thouhg. You just have to have the rates/colors for both cars' springs. Again I did not do extensive testing with this as once I had a little more $$ I bought the XRAY springs I needed. Purely speculating you might check to see that the AE springs are the same length so that you so not run into issues with maintaing ride height at extremes of tire diameter. (ie 55 mm or 59 mm)
I use AE springs with Tamiya shocks on my FK05 and it works fine
Formula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #4677

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Anyone looking for Serpent RCC shocks I have a set for sale:

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...04#post1949404
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:41 AM   #4678
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys
I just got a new FK05 but I saw it comes with a 48p spur, what is the biggest 64p spur that fits the FK05?
Thanks
J
JLMG1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:44 AM   #4679
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Old 11-21-2005, 08:53 AM   #4680
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
Is that ok to fit an ok pinion for 19t and for stock?
JLMG1971 is offline   Reply With Quote