Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Old 11-16-2005, 05:01 AM
  #4636  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (130)
 
Glowster21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,704
Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)
Default

Hey all...Picking up anf FK05 today and have some shock questions. I have heard of some using the AE spring perches. Will this work? also, I know the stock lower ball end hits the 28mm foam tires. Will the AE lower ball end with screw work in it's place? I have a ton of leftover AE parts as well as springs and would like to use them if possible. Any info would be great!
Glowster21 is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 06:06 AM
  #4637  
Tech Fanatic
 
Rob Mincey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 872
Default

Originally Posted by wolfman76
OK, How hard is it to remove the rubber seal from bearings. I would like to clean them up and re oil then replace the rubber seal. I've done metal shield bearings before, is there much difference.
I say, don't. When I bought my first XRay (EVO 2 FOC,) a friend of mine told me not to because they'd never seal right again after that. I didn't listen, but he was right. I never could get them to work correctly after that. I've had good luck just cleaning them out with something like an RPM Bearing Blaster and re-oiling them without taking the shield off. Works for me.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 06:41 AM
  #4638  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,658
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Hey all...Picking up anf FK05 today and have some shock questions. I have heard of some using the AE spring perches. Will this work? also, I know the stock lower ball end hits the 28mm foam tires. Will the AE lower ball end with screw work in it's place? I have a ton of leftover AE parts as well as springs and would like to use them if possible. Any info would be great!
\\What happen to the RDX?

Oh well, I got rid of the TC4 FT for a x-ray and love it to death
dawgmeat is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 07:01 AM
  #4639  
Tech Elite
 
teamgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hampton/VA Beach USA
Posts: 2,089
Default

Originally Posted by wolfman76
OK, How hard is it to remove the rubber seal from bearings. I would like to clean them up and re oil then replace the rubber seal. I've done metal shield bearings before, is there much difference.
You can find bearing cleaning instructions in the XRAY forum FAQ thread.

Rob,

Removing and re-mounting the seals can be done. You just have to make sure you do the following (included in the instructions):

* Flatten out any bends in the seal carefully before re-mounting them
* Put them back in exactly as they came out, to include both the correct side of the bearing to mount each one on AND the correct side of the seal that faces out
* Use the flat part of your fore finger and thumb (the center of your finger prints) to press them back in and DO NOT use any tools to *push* them back in

Last edited by teamgp; 11-16-2005 at 07:12 AM.
teamgp is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 07:58 AM
  #4640  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (42)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,748
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Rookie, everyone at IRP is pretty much running the 116T.
c'mon...what about my 84T 48P. Rookie can't set mesh anyway....he only knows glow plugs! 48P man!!! muh huhh huhh haaaaaaaaaa

rookie....build that FK05 up already. i owe you that bump pass still.
Nexus is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 09:01 AM
  #4641  
Tech Elite
 
teamgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hampton/VA Beach USA
Posts: 2,089
Default

FYI, I've posted an important update in the XRAY forum for those interested in the One-way / Carpet / Foam Setup Thread...
teamgp is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 10:44 AM
  #4642  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,255
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Rookie, everyone at IRP is pretty much running the 116T.
Yeah...thats what KK told me, but finding a 116T PRS is like finding a brand new Tamiya Brusier for $100.
Solara is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 10:50 AM
  #4643  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Rookie,

I've ran a kimbrough 116 before I got my PRS gears in... The numbers barely touch the motor mount, so if it bothers you, sand off that side of the gear a little, other wise, just run it.. I did with no problems...
brians11 is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 10:51 AM
  #4644  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,255
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Nexus
c'mon...what about my 84T 48P. Rookie can't set mesh anyway....he only knows glow plugs! 48P man!!! muh huhh huhh haaaaaaaaaa

rookie....build that FK05 up already. i owe you that bump pass still.
Nexus....you keep practicing at IRP, ok...? and you will see me, the famous moving chicane and give you a friendly BUMP from behind in WOT....
Yeah, I am planning to build my FL05 finally....the date should be November 17 and after.....just don't know what year...
Solara is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 10:53 AM
  #4645  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,255
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by brians11
Rookie,

I've ran a kimbrough 116 before I got my PRS gears in... The numbers barely touch the motor mount, so if it bothers you, sand off that side of the gear a little, other wise, just run it.. I did with no problems...
Really...? Wow....if that is Kimbrough, then it is local pick up....I will give that a try...thanks.
Solara is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 10:58 AM
  #4646  
Tech Adept
 
wolfman76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hello my darling
Posts: 113
Default

Originally Posted by teamgp
You can find bearing cleaning instructions in the XRAY forum FAQ thread.

Rob,

Removing and re-mounting the seals can be done. You just have to make sure you do the following (included in the instructions):

* Flatten out any bends in the seal carefully before re-mounting them
* Put them back in exactly as they came out, to include both the correct side of the bearing to mount each one on AND the correct side of the seal that faces out
* Use the flat part of your fore finger and thumb (the center of your finger prints) to press them back in and DO NOT use any tools to *push* them back in

Thanks for the info Team GP what a great forum. So much information.
wolfman76 is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 12:37 PM
  #4647  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (130)
 
Glowster21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,704
Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
\\What happen to the RDX?

Oh well, I got rid of the TC4 FT for a x-ray and love it to death
Whats Up Dawg!!! Still have the RDX.....Best of both worlds
Glowster21 is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 12:43 PM
  #4648  
Tech Elite
 
teamgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hampton/VA Beach USA
Posts: 2,089
Default

Originally Posted by wolfman76
Thanks for the info Team GP what a great forum. So much information.
The XRAY factory support team thanks you for the appreciation!

Believe it or not we're working hard on all of our customers issues.
teamgp is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 03:40 PM
  #4649  
Tech Master
 
hpipro321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,268
Default

Originally Posted by wolfman76
Thanks for the info Team GP what a great forum. So much information.
love that site for set ups and wut not
hpipro321 is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 03:44 PM
  #4650  
Tech Elite
 
Speedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,435
Default

If you really want PRS gears, and they are very good, like I mentioned in my previous post, you can order the 116t off of PRS's website.
Speedo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.