R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2005, 06:16 AM   #4456
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,046
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

The graphite motor guard never made much sense to me....it'd be placed below the point of impact for a serious side collision anyway..so I really don't see the point in having it there...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:23 AM   #4457
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,046
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
I must have missed your poll
No Poll, I've just read and followed this thread since Day 1...and the T1 thread before (and during) this time as well...

I have no scientific data to backup my comments, but feel free to review this and the T1 thread and notice how many times people say 'they hear the shocks are bad' or something of that nature....feel free to post the results of your count...matter of fact, if you care to list the common reasons for Xray shock complaints, categorize them and allot them a percentage based on the rate of their occurrence on this thread, please, be my guest...

In the meantime, just wanted to let you know that yoursarcasm is oh-so appreciated
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:49 AM   #4458
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 579
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to acyrier
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Get the PRS spur for it. Mostly everyone I know that runs cars that will accept them run PRS spurs. For the xray get a 116 its the biggest you want to run on the car.
Is there a website for PRS. Teameamotorsports.com didn't have 116 (or at least on their site) does PRS pretty much have a full range of spurs?

Thanks.
Aaron
__________________
The products and places I support.
www.michianarc.com www.facebook.com/michianarc - www.russellrc.com
www.teamtekin.com - www.teamcrc.com - www.teamassociated.com
www.fantomracing.com - www.discountrcstore.com
acyrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:41 AM   #4459
Tech Fanatic
 
HRCRACER123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quick Question: I am installing a front sway bar 1.5mm. One side has a flat groove in it. Is that the side that goes up when I mount it?


Also I have never installed one before. Do I just set the car up regular then just install the sway bar. Or do install the sway bar and then recheck tweak or other things? Anyone..
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:03 AM   #4460
Tech Addict
 
StewartFan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Grrrrr!!!!
Posts: 693
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acyrier
Is there a website for PRS. Teameamotorsports.com didn't have 116 (or at least on their site) does PRS pretty much have a full range of spurs?

Thanks.
Aaron

http://www.precisionracingsystems.com/default2.aspx
__________________
Devil Dog Racing | HobbyTown USA (Kansas City,North) | Fastlane Raceway | Matrix Tires

Someday, I hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.
StewartFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #4461
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: endicott new york
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

guys need some gearing help have a 112 spur with a 25 pinon and the motor got way to hot you could of cooked a egg on it . any ideas were i should start with gearing. thanks zinger
zinger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:22 AM   #4462
Tech Fanatic
 
Rob Mincey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Also I have never installed one before. Do I just set the car up regular then just install the sway bar. Or do install the sway bar and then recheck tweak or other things? Anyone..
Set your car up without the sway bar, install the sway bar, and then check everything again. Also, before installing the sway bar, make sure it's flat, and not bent, and make sure that your sway bar mounts are the same length on both sides. This has always worked for me in the past.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:29 AM   #4463
Tech Regular
 
kyle "hitawall"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Orlando
Posts: 496
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AR~ Gizmo
I'm about to buy an FK05 and what to know what i should get in the way of hop-ups. Stuff like suspension gear, steering gear. Is there anything that isn't on the car that i should have?

Mind you for the amount of money your paying for cars these days they SHOULD have everything on them!
a spool, thats about it
__________________
RCAmerica|Xray|Hudy|Jaco|EPIC
kyle "hitawall" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:30 AM   #4464
Tech Master
 
kerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,157
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

zingger what motor? check out the gearing program at www.gearchart.com put the info in an it should help you start, rollout for a monsterstock should be around 28.
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #4465
Tech Fanatic
 
HRCRACER123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Mincey
Set your car up without the sway bar, install the sway bar, and then check everything again. Also, before installing the sway bar, make sure it's flat, and not bent, and make sure that your sway bar mounts are the same length on both sides. This has always worked for me in the past.

Rob
Alright..Thanks Rob.

I just set up everything and then added the sway bar. Nothing changed. Not the ride height or tweak or anything. I guess thats a good thing.

One more question: About the sway bar. How far do you slide the silver collars on are they supposed to be flush with end?
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:13 PM   #4466
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: endicott new york
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
zingger what motor? check out the gearing program at www.gearchart.com put the info in an it should help you start, rollout for a monsterstock should be around 28.
yes it is a monster stock

thanks
zinger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:19 PM   #4467
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,300
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Alright..Thanks Rob.

I just set up everything and then added the sway bar. Nothing changed. Not the ride height or tweak or anything. I guess thats a good thing.

One more question: About the sway bar. How far do you slide the silver collars on are they supposed to be flush with end?
You adjust the collars depending on how much tension you want added to the bar - the closer you move the collars in (towards the shock tower) the greater the tension. I would start flush with end of the bar and adjust appropriately - make sure you have clearance as well ... sometimes the collars binds with the drive axle.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:47 PM   #4468
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: endicott new york
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

kerry

my roll out was at 24 to get to 28 my car will go up in flames!
zinger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:57 PM   #4469
Tech Fanatic
 
HRCRACER123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman996
You adjust the collars depending on how much tension you want added to the bar - the closer you move the collars in (towards the shock tower) the greater the tension. I would start flush with end of the bar and adjust appropriately - make sure you have clearance as well ... sometimes the collars binds with the drive axle.
Thanks Duckman. I made it flush and it is touching the cvd barely but I dont think it is touching it enouf to make a diffrence.
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:05 PM   #4470
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: endicott new york
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

what kind of spring is everyone using on carpet?
zinger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
Xray T1FK05 $100.00 Charles R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 04-25-2006 10:51 AM
F/S: Xray T1FK05 ewippler R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 12-09-2005 04:03 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 ewippler R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-06-2005 06:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:09 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net