R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-24-2005, 09:27 AM   #361
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

The US kits will come with a front diff.....
Old 02-24-2005, 09:28 AM   #362
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Corey Bernardo
The US kits will come with a front diff.....
when will that be
mrfastrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 09:43 AM   #363
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by brianrice
This is Mario's response on the Xray site:

2.) This new Multi-Diff will not work on any other previous XRAY cars > T1, T1EVO2, T1R, T1M, because it has the one-way bearings installed in opposite way. But we may look for an alternative to make this Multi-Diff specially for previous cars.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
<----

Thanks for pointing that out guys- I haven't been keeping up.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 09:55 AM   #364
Tech Adept

Right, so the multi-diff needs to be sat on the left side of the chassis, the FK was fixed on the right side im assuming (i never had the fk chassis on the car, went straight to the XRC) but the Evo2 had the reversable Dual Ackermann and servo placements for the other side, so i dont see why the Evo2 couldnt run the Multi-diff.
Yes, its no consolation for FK owners, but based on the fact that mario doesnt seem to know his own cars too well, there could be some way of still running the M-D in the other cars .
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 09:59 AM   #365
Tech Regular

The servo placement and all that has nothing to do with diff placement. thats soley based on the pullies on the layshaft and the belt routing.
new92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 10:08 AM   #366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by new92
The servo placement and all that has nothing to do with diff placement. thats soley based on the pullies on the layshaft and the belt routing.
Exactly! And saying Mario doesn't know his car???

Reason why spool and diff from FK will work on the FK05, because all you need to do is to flip the diff/spool and it'll work in the FK05.

An FK one-way and the new multi diff has a one way built-in, if you think you can flip it and use it on the FK05, you'll get no 4wd action, your front wheels will only free spin going backwards.

Dom
Old 02-24-2005, 10:21 AM   #367
Tech Adept

erm, excuse me, but if you put a left sided diff into the front of the Evo2, and swapped the rear diff around so there not sat on the same pulley, tell me exactly how that doesnt overcome the issue of the car now running a backwards 1-way unit!?

As i said, it doesnt help the FK people out, that has no option of swapping the car around, its fixed on that side so give yourself a pat on the back for not reading and saying whats already been made perfectly clear a thousand times!
Old 02-24-2005, 10:36 AM   #368
Tech Elite

I'm sorry, but you make no jack sense at all.

Dom
Old 02-24-2005, 10:48 AM   #369
Tech Adept

The MD requires it to be sat on the left side of the chassis/bulkhead in order for it to power the front wheels.
Right?

The Evo2 has the ability to move from the right side to the left, meaning it would be able to run the MD unit as this would pull the diff the direction required to give the front some drive.

Right??

MD, Left side = Drive, Right side = flapping about like a trout on dry land!
The FK05 is fixed on the left side, FK04 is fixed to the right, however the Evo2 and i think the FoC are universal, they have the ability to run a mirrored configuration, 6 cells either side, servo placement either side, dual ackermann either side, DIFF UNIT either side
Old 02-24-2005, 10:53 AM   #370
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

edit

Last edited by rayhuang; 02-24-2005 at 11:01 AM.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 10:56 AM   #371
Tech Elite

I was thinking more about it before you posted. So, you are "swapping" belts on the layshaft so to say, right? Whereas the pulley used to power the front belt is now powering the rear belt and vice versa.

OR, you are talking about swapping the the rear bulkheads entirely so the spur is now sitting on the left side of the car??? This scenario might work if you run the stock chassis, but not the XRC chassis.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:58 AM   #372
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

the belts and batteries should still be in basically the same place, but the front diff will be driven by the pully that originally drove the rear diff...ect.....so I dont see why the battery would be on the belt.....
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 11:01 AM   #373
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by Mdoc

the belts and batteries should still be in basically the same place, but the front diff will be driven by the pully that originally drove the rear diff...ect.....so I dont see why the battery would be on the belt.....
Ahhh-I am out in left field-I'll edit my post.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 11:10 AM   #374
Tech Adept

yeah, if you mirrored the whole drivetrain on the car, the rear diff doesnt care which way its sat, as long as its pulled the same way, the front only matters when its got a 1-way saying im only going 1 direction.

On the kits able to run 6 cells on either side, they should be able to throw the drivetrain the other way around and fit a backwards 1-way (or still run perfectly but without a 1-way).

I just had a look at my 1-way unit, if the mount wasnt just slightly off-center, it could have been possible to just mount the pulley on the other side, however im guessing the tight squeeze they've put onto the '05 will mean that slight bit of off-center the pulley would be in to operate about... 5mm from its correct location, putting it onto the left side, would probably be too far over.
I doubt it would work, but it would be the electrics side it'd be very close to, electrics can be possitioned better, cells obviously cant, so *maybe* thats a possibility, it would depend entirely on what contact was now possible with 'foreign' objects within the car (bulkheads, motor mounts, electrics etc)
Old 02-24-2005, 02:46 PM   #375
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by mrfastrc51
when will that be
when that hot chick in your avatar comes to my house to drop it off
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote