R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-23-2005, 07:00 AM   #346
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Lowest Roll Out possible.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rod M
the FK05 is about US$50 more than the FK04, where is the extra value??
All these posts and you still think the higher price tag is because of other/better features on the car?

If you still haven't understood the adjusted price have a look at the forum on www.teamxray.com
OleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:19 AM   #347
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New Rumour (i stress rumour)

***Release: March 9th in the UK***
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:40 AM   #348
Tech Regular

The higher price is due to the exchange rate between the US and Europe being so crappy. It will effect all of Xray's prices in the US, not just the kits.
I was looking into getting and Xray car but I'm not sure it is worth $400, when I can get the new Losi for at least $40 less. Heck that would pay for the one way.

Any ideas how much it's going for in Europe? I may just have to use a contact I know if it is worth it.
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:49 AM   #349
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MirageRacing
#XR300005 XRAY T1 FK'05 - 1/10 LUXURY ELECTRIC TC RRP 264.99 [17-Feb]
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #350
Tech Regular

Thanks NVisible. So it looks like even after getting the thing shipped here it will still run me about $400 US. Well I'll wait and see for now.
wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 03:46 PM   #351
Tech Fanatic

any info on the thickness of the decks, US kit versus others?
coolrcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:38 PM   #352
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by NVisible
With a high exchange rate that means 264.99 euro would be about $360.39us.
Pre orders right now had put it at $369us so they guessed pretty close.
It will still be about $400us shipped.
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:51 PM   #353
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

that was pounds..not Euros......do the math....still MUCH cheaper to buy int he US (If you are in theUS that is....if in the UK, due to taxes and tariffs it may be of more benefit to buy locally)
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:25 PM   #354
Tech Adept

Yeah, for the first time in a while, im actually considering purchasing something over 50/$80 from the UK, it'll be a monumnental occasion for me!
Think the last time really was buying the Evo2 4 months before the FOC came out, its always been cheaper to buy kits from Asian webstores or from someone i know in the states who i work for and that comes to me at US trade, so UK retail or US Trade... doesnt take a genius.

Saddly I cant get Xray this way but even though Speedtech seem to be the clear leaders on the price, i'd be able to speak to the guys at my LHS who hook me up with stuff at mates rates, might be able to do it for about 230-240 seeing as i hook them up with shop gear (from my company, not the cheapo gear i get for myself hehe).

If i can get it for what would tipically be a normal hi-spec kit price, then i dont have a problem, especially as i cant get it from the states dirt cheap and the saving isnt all that much for the messing

still.... if your nice dollar sucks ass a little more it could all change
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:27 PM   #355
Tech Master

So if our US price stays the same that means that it would only be $204.40uk.
I also heard that certain online companies are giving discounts for pre-orders which would then bring it down under $200uk!
Sucks for you british guys.
Oh, well look on the bright side. You guys get the multidiff, we have to buy it.
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:47 PM   #356
Tech Adept

Speedtech makes it 194 GBP, but theres still shipping to go onto that, that'd be about... 20-25, and unless i want to play russian roullette with international shipping and my nice new xray, then declairing the correct value of the package would mean paying an extra 30% prolly more (and they even charge it including the shipping cost, such nice people arent they!) so even ignoring the customs side of things, call it 220 for it to get as far as customs, there only a 45 saving on UK RRP, probably 35 on the street price, which isnt too bad, but not worth the hassle, and the customs bill or the stress of USPS playing hide n seek with your package

Quick(ish) annoying story, mate ordered some stuff from speedtech last week, cant get them from uk, anyway, got to the UK in good timing, local post depot, and tracking said 'couldnt find location'. on 2nd day i phoned them up to find out where it was so someone could pick it up, eventually turns out its not far from my mate, the house number wasnt on there (im told!) so i give them the info, and told it'll be delivered in the morning.
next day comes & goes, nothing arrives.
mate walks down to depot, only to be told its on a van, they'll deliver it to his address tomorrow.... never did though!
finally after the weekend, its picked up from the depot.

Package had the house number on there a few times, post code, and all the details appart from the town name (so house number, street, city, and post code!) and they couldnt find it.
The nice chaps even had a printed overhead map with my house circled attached to the damn package!!
Took 2 days to get from US shop to UK depot, and 4 business days for them to get there act together.

UK postal services.... probably better to walk and swim to the states, certainly quicker!!

Anyway, kinda looking forward to trying this new multi-diff and i wouldnt be able to on the US version, so yeah, probably better in the long run, i've always ran ball diffs but as im giving the outdoor scene a try, time to step up and throw in the 1-way/sp00l
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:53 AM   #357
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Here's a thought for you guys that run both outdoor asphalt and indoor carpet like I do...

When you buy your FK05, just swap the front diff from your FK to the FK05 and put the multidiff in the FK for asphalt. I prefer to have two different cars if I can afford it because I run the stiffer chassis and totally different spring/shock combo on the carpet car.

Speaking of which, I have an extra full BMI 350 FK chassis if anyone needs one. It's still NIP with upper, lower, shock towers, battery bars, and front upper bumper support all in satin black (by far the best looking color) that I'll sell for $165 shipped.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:57 AM   #358
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Here's a thought for you guys that run both outdoor asphalt and indoor carpet like I do...

When you buy your FK05, just swap the front diff from your FK to the FK05 and put the multidiff in the FK for asphalt. I prefer to have two different cars if I can afford it because I run the stiffer chassis and totally different spring/shock combo on the carpet car.

Speaking of which, I have an extra full BMI 350 FK chassis if anyone needs one. It's still NIP with upper, lower, shock towers, battery bars, and front upper bumper support all in satin black (by far the best looking color) that I'll sell for $165 shipped.
that's a great idea
mrfastrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 09:07 AM   #359
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The U.S. batch of FK05 won't be coming with the multi-diff, read Tony's reply about 12 posts ago.

Dom
Old 02-24-2005, 09:10 AM   #360
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDogRacing

This is Mario's response on the Xray site:

2.) This new Multi-Diff will not work on any other previous XRAY cars > T1, T1EVO2, T1R, T1M, because it has the one-way bearings installed in opposite way. But we may look for an alternative to make this Multi-Diff specially for previous cars.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
brianrice is offline   Reply With Quote