R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2005, 11:51 AM   #3481
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,129
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Glad i got my alum shock bodies a few months ago then

Charles
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:02 PM   #3482
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 149
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

In RC Car Action Tour Car magazine there are some pics of Ralph Burch's Xray. In one the pic you see one of the front hub carriers w/ ball stud mounted in king pin screw hole. It looks like he had the carriers machined down so screw would clear the wheel. What is the advantage of this mod?
alien too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:05 PM   #3483
Tech Master
 
hpipro321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien too
In RC Car Action Tour Car magazine there are some pics of Ralph Burch's Xray. In one the pic you see one of the front hub carriers w/ ball stud mounted in king pin screw hole. It looks like he had the carriers machined down so screw would clear the wheel. What is the advantage of this mod?
well he runs a very small diamiter wheel on foams, because he runs carpet alot. SO for him he needs to have this mod so he can run the smaller tires. Most ppl have to run bigger tires to clear the screw
__________________
d[-.-]b d[-.-]b
d[-.-]b d[-.-]b can you feel the bass? d[-.-]b d[-.-]b
d[-.-]b d[-.-]b
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:14 PM   #3484
Tech Master
 
Steve Bahnatka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,071
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Steve Bahnatka
Default

what issue and page
__________________
SMC-/-JACO-/-PARMA-/-TEKIN-/-CRI
Steve Bahnatka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:24 PM   #3485
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop
Default hpipro

sorry to say that is not the reason he has them like that. the reason being if you look at the rear camber link where it mounts to the hub its the same way. because he runs about 3-4 mm of shimming at the hub and the only way to make those shims fit and not have the camber link screw rub on the inside of the wheel is to run them like that and the reason he does it in the front is so when he has to take the front end apart your not removing and then reinstalling the screw over and over again. which we all know that is how the c-hub hole gets worn out. hope this helps. i run mine the same way as ralph and it gets you alot of clearance.
__________________
Hurricane Motorsports
Team Trinity

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:38 PM   #3486
Tech Master
 
hpipro321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,268
Default

wow u really make sense out of that y didnt i think of that lol well; theres ur answer
__________________
d[-.-]b d[-.-]b
d[-.-]b d[-.-]b can you feel the bass? d[-.-]b d[-.-]b
d[-.-]b d[-.-]b
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:24 PM   #3487
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dallas, TX.
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
In RC Car Action Tour Car magazine there are some pics of Ralph Burch's Xray. In one the pic you see one of the front hub carriers w/ ball stud mounted in king pin screw hole. It looks like he had the carriers machined down so screw would clear the wheel. What is the advantage of this mod?
As the person who made these for Ralph, these are for his rubber tire car. The setup for rubber tires whether on asphalt or carpet is different than foams. Ralph runs two different cars. The modification to the C-hubs is for the car he runs on rubber tires. This moves the camber link out over the steering block which changes the length which in turn changes the geometry of the suspension. This changes how the car handles. I don't know precisely how this changes the handling, but Ralph said it definatly helped his car at he Reedy race this year.
teamtamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:24 PM   #3488
Tech Master
 
Alex C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: On a ship in the warm seas with no sail !!!
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goop
sorry to say that is not the reason he has them like that. the reason being if you look at the rear camber link where it mounts to the hub its the same way. because he runs about 3-4 mm of shimming at the hub and the only way to make those shims fit and not have the camber link screw rub on the inside of the wheel is to run them like that and the reason he does it in the front is so when he has to take the front end apart your not removing and then reinstalling the screw over and over again. which we all know that is how the c-hub hole gets worn out. hope this helps. i run mine the same way as ralph and it gets you alot of clearance.
Well Said Goop!!!
__________________
Alex Cortez
Thank You to all My Sponsors
Ko Propo USA / RC America - Xray - Hudy / Max Power Engines / VP PowerMaster Fuel / Team Espo - "Lay it down Prop"!!!!
Alex C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:01 PM   #3489
Tech Master
 
hpipro321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtamale
As the person who made these for Ralph, these are for his rubber tire car. The setup for rubber tires whether on asphalt or carpet is different than foams. Ralph runs two different cars. The modification to the C-hubs is for the car he runs on rubber tires. This moves the camber link out over the steering block which changes the length which in turn changes the geometry of the suspension. This changes how the car handles. I don't know precisely how this changes the handling, but Ralph said it definatly helped his car at he Reedy race this year.
oh i feel stupid
__________________
d[-.-]b d[-.-]b
d[-.-]b d[-.-]b can you feel the bass? d[-.-]b d[-.-]b
d[-.-]b d[-.-]b
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:18 PM   #3490
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop
Default

me too
__________________
Hurricane Motorsports
Team Trinity

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:46 AM   #3491
Tech Master
 
John Doucakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Can someone please scan the pictures of Ralph's car on the Car Action issue. Some of us cannot find this issue..

Thanks.
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:05 AM   #3492
Tech Master
 
dado11g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Farmington Hills, MI and proud of it
Posts: 1,059
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to dado11g Send a message via AIM to dado11g Send a message via Yahoo to dado11g
Default

what issue and page???
dado11g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:11 AM   #3493
Tech Master
 
John Doucakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Dont know. Someone who has seen it maybe can help..
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:58 AM   #3494
Tech Master
 
hpipro321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doucakis
Dont know. Someone who has seen it maybe can help..
maybe u can look at the page
__________________
d[-.-]b d[-.-]b
d[-.-]b d[-.-]b can you feel the bass? d[-.-]b d[-.-]b
d[-.-]b d[-.-]b
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:20 AM   #3495
Tech Addict
 
the_barbarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sunshine Coast Australia
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8commando
Does anybody know where I can fine the anodized shock bodies part#308320 and also I'm looking for part #301212 graphite upper bumper brace. anyone have any leads.
I am using the alloy shocks in one of my Xrays and im sorry to say the Tamiya TRF shocks still shit all over them

the Xray ones are OK but not that good considering the cost

Pro4 Shocks are very nice too and cheaper

I have to say I love the way you can adjust the xray shocks unlike other brands
__________________
I've tried the rest but XRAY is the best 555
the_barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
Xray T1FK05 $100.00 Charles R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 04-25-2006 10:51 AM
F/S: Xray T1FK05 ewippler R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 12-09-2005 04:03 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 ewippler R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-06-2005 06:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:05 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net