Old 07-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by centax error!
Precision Racing Spur....da best
And they are at www.precisionracingsystems.com
Old 07-20-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Default RCC shocks

It looks like the new generation Serpent cars are not using the famous Hudy design clicker shocks, wonder why Judging from the color of the anodizing it looks like this is not Hudy make, or is it? Will Xray be offering this RCC shocks for the Xray cars as well? There is nothing really wrong with the current shock design it's just that some people ( like me) wants something better with the same quality level as the TRF ones...

CE!

"Qoute from MyTsn.com:"

RCC Shock Absorbers

The RCC shock absorbers are the smoothest and easiest to build shocks ever designed. Machined from metal and unique in that the shock bodies only open on the bottom half, they are really simple to assemble. They come with a fixed piston and no longer use a diaphragm as with the previous shocks. The result is an ultra-smooth and air-free shock absorber thanks to the self-bleeding system incorporated into the design.

Another great benefit is that these shock absorbers come pre-assembled in the kit, so you need only add shock oil.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1FK05-rrc-shocks.jpg  
Old 07-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo

Originally Posted by tsuiyuen
they give me the same rebounce and not much oil leakage problem...
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't thre supposed to be no rebounce? Isn't rebounce a sign of air simply pushing the piston back out or in? I know it took me about 26 attempts, but i got mine together with no rebounce.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So I was all set to get the RDX for the coming carpet season. Then last night I was able to put my hands on an 05 for the first time. I did not get to drive it, but the thing looks really good. I have driven the RDX and man is it smooth. Does the 05 have a performance advantage over the RDX?
Old 07-21-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't thre supposed to be no rebounce? Isn't rebounce a sign of air simply pushing the piston back out or in? I know it took me about 26 attempts, but i got mine together with no rebounce.
you mean rebound? if so then some people like lots of rebound, some like none.

iirc, a lot of rebound will make a car easier to drive, but slower changing direction....where as more rebound will actually generate more grip (i think!) but the car will change directions quicker.

imo its a tuning aid thats not looked upon enough, probably because its the most fiddly.

i just try and get all 4 shocks with 50% rebound and leave them until they need rebuilding.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok, got the chassis sanding/sealing done, and started working on bags 1.2-2, have a couple of build questions.

1. the rear suspension mounts call for a (length) 12mm screw in the rear mount and a 10mm screw for the front. Looking at the threaded inserts, it does not seem like the screws thread very far into them. this would be even more noticeable were i to increase the rear toe from the stock 2 degree spacers. has anyone had any problems with stripping, or is anyone running longer screws?

2. again in the rear suspension inner mounts. the manual calls for a 3mm spacer in front of the arm, and a 1mm spacer behind for the factory setup. using only 4mm of spacers is leaving my arm about 3-5mm of play between the mounts (sliding on the hinge pin). i can add more shims if needed, but building by the manual, i would not expect this to be so far off. anyone have thoughts/ideas?

3. belts, i've read that some people soak the belts in wd40, etc. any reccommendations to this end?

thx in advance, and sorry for anything that might have been previously asked (long thread).

Last edited by gee-dub; 07-22-2005 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

question 2= loosen bown screws to the hinge pin mounts.while pushing the mounts into the pin, tighten down on the screws. hope this helps-Steve Bahnatka
Old 07-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i've been trying different setups for a spool and haven't really found one that works well for me yet i went back to a front diff and my car seems faster and more constant. does any one have a good spool setup that isn't to tight but not completely loose nether
Old 07-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdm19turn
i've been trying different setups for a spool and haven't really found one that works well for me yet i went back to a front diff and my car seems faster and more constant. does any one have a good spool setup that isn't to tight but not completely loose nether
For 19T? ...I could never really get what I wanted out of the car in 19T (or stock) with a spool or diff.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

here is mine very easy to drive

http://www.teamxray.com/xforum/xform...7&setup=t1fk05

chris morrison
www.irocc.ca
Old 07-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

hi i was wondering if any1 has tried under/overdriving the front diff with the different sized pulleys u get for the car thanks
Old 07-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John_S
hi i was wondering if any1 has tried under/overdriving the front diff with the different sized pulleys u get for the car thanks
Not yet, but its on my list for the next test session. I was going to try the 32t pulley on the front only with the eccentric hubs in their tightest position.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

under/overdriving is a very bad idea (imo)

because when ever your on power, one set of wheels will try to turn faster/slower than the other, so the car will either be pushed or pulled by only one set of wheels...rather than all 4.

also, it will screw with your gearing...IR is worked out by diff pulley/layshaft pulley so if you start having 2 different sized diff pulleys, it will alter your internal ratio, so you will have to rework gearing..but it will be a proper odd internal ratio.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by raving-monkey
under/overdriving is a very bad idea (imo)
But have you tried it?

Nobody thought eating mold was a good idea either.

Don't get your knickers in a twist...just joshin ya.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.