Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Old 07-11-2005, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gee-dub
picked up my fk05 this evening. haven't began assembling, but had 2 questions hopefully someone knows off the top of their head.

1. what size are the axle screws that hold the wheels on (diameter/length)?
2. previously a couple of people reccommended the spring steel axles/hubs. why? i felt these things tonight in comparison to the aluminum ones and they feel like monsters (way heavy). i'm running 19t/stock almost exclusively, is it a wear factor?

thx in advance
The axle screws are M5 (metric) threads, but I'm not sure of the length. I use longer screws, with 3mm hex heads, from the local hardware store for my rear wheels. I use 1mm spacers inside the rims, to get my rear track the same width as the front and I found the OEM screws didn't have enough length and they would strip the inside of the hex hubs when using high torque mod motors.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by polesitter61
This may have been covered all ready and I missed it, are there any aftermarket 48p spurs that will fit the FK05? I know the PRS makes the 64p but I'm not sure how they would hold up to outdoor racing (probably not any worse than the soft plastice Xray gears).
For those who have had problems with small stones getting into your spurs (especially 64p) and eating away the pinions, heres a simple trick I used this past weekend that helps. Cover the hole in the chassis under the spur with a few pieces of strapping tape.

Another problem I've been having is dust, dirt and pebbles being thrown at my motor endbell from the front left tire. I've seen results ranging from dented brush hoods to completely trashed and dirty comms. I ended up using more strapping tape to provide a shield from the bottom of the motor guard to the fan mount on top of the motor. Then I got a little more wisdom and switched to V2 motor with a much more enclosed endbell. I may go this route for all future motors when running 19t or mod on asphalt from now on.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 106 (99%+)

teamgp,

Can you post some pics of your mods?
Old 07-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Harsh: Looks like its still a go for speedworld this friday ( July 15 ). We should be there around 11 or so for some tuning and practice. I'll be testing out a few things for my xray and trying some new stuff ( mainly driving techniques ). I did pretty well at the Revo Race at Ripon last saturday night. I took your set-up and modified it a little for my driving style. Other then that, the car was dizillllled still !!!!! See you friday.

BTW: What is used for traction out there and what tires should I bring up ?? Thanks.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger
Harsh: Looks like its still a go for speedworld this friday ( July 15 ). We should be there around 11 or so for some tuning and practice. I'll be testing out a few things for my xray and trying some new stuff ( mainly driving techniques ). I did pretty well at the Revo Race at Ripon last saturday night. I took your set-up and modified it a little for my driving style. Other then that, the car was dizillllled still !!!!! See you friday.

BTW: What is used for traction out there and what tires should I bring up ?? Thanks.
Sounds kewl ....we use rootbeer & "dr skipper" (dr pepper clone) for traction, as far as tires all I ever use is sorex 36's with Xenon green inserts till the track temp get's to about 130, then with Xenon Blue's ...if the track temp gets over 150 I've got some 40's I'm going to try on Friday (didn't get that hot this last saturday). ...I'll have the track blown off and a fresh coat of root beer/skipper layed out by 11:00
Old 07-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default XRAY

Cant wait until i get my Xray! Very anxious to be getting a new sedan.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lbckevin
teamgp,

Can you post some pics of your mods?
Will do ASAP.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roger
Harsh: Looks like its still a go for speedworld this friday ( July 15 ). We should be there around 11 or so for some tuning and practice.
What happened to Gilroy dude? Your ditching me there with Ivan? C'mon bro! LOL j/k
Old 07-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlackKat
What happened to Gilroy dude? Your ditching me there with Ivan? C'mon bro! LOL j/k
brotha Kat: Originally, we were suppose to goto SW, but I found out that I had a meeting to attend that morning. After the seminar, I should be at Gilroy after 12:30. The other guys should be there including EJ Evans and maybe Lex Tyler .
Old 07-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

some new fotos of my FK05 with the latest mods which include HPI springs.

The steering layout has been raced and works just as good as the standard one if not better.

I m sure you don't like the way I positioned the receiver but it is safer this way to avoid interference.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1FK05-img_1921b.jpg   Xray T1FK05-img_1920b.jpg   Xray T1FK05-img_1919b.jpg   Xray T1FK05-img_1912b.jpg  
Old 07-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Suspended

VERY NICE...
Old 07-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Doucakis

The steering layout has been raced and works just as good as the standard one if not better.

I m sure you don't like the way I positioned the receiver but it is safer this way to avoid interference.

great. Now i'm unsure about the HB cyclone again and looking at the fk05 for my next car again.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

john with you and your red it looks liek you would get along with this guy
your car is awesome by the way
Old 07-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Losi JRX-S springs work great on my FK04 with TRF shocks. No more ride height problems

Roger: What 'quip should I bring? Foam mod or Rubber 19t?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlackKat
Losi JRX-S springs work great on my FK04 with TRF shocks. No more ride height problems

Roger: What 'quip should I bring? Foam mod or Rubber 19t?
Kat: I'll be working some set-ups for 19T rubber tires. I've also talked to EJ Evans and he'll be doing some testing as well. Im gonna try one of those redline motors .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.