Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Old 02-19-2005, 01:11 PM
  #271  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 285
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Why do they have to put another car out so soon! I just got the FK for Christmas, I love the car, but I have the need to get the latest Xray car. I might have to get the FK05, and use the current FK as a back up.
skinart76 is offline  
Old 02-19-2005, 01:36 PM
  #272  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,080
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Xray will always be continuously developing their product.....they don't like to settle with good enough....
ChrisP is offline  
Old 02-19-2005, 01:56 PM
  #273  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
ddesros2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Windsor, Canada-eh!!
Posts: 405
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I purchased the T1 (almost FK) off of Windsorguy99 and I've never owned a better RC car that it. (I've been into the hobby for 15 years so far, that's saying a lot!!). The T1 FK04 is an amazing car, also the T1FK05 looks to be amzing as well. One nice thing is that the suspension on the 04 and 05 are the same (steering blocks, arms, etc...) you can get in your local hobby shop. Anyone looking for a new (or used) TC should pick up an X-Ray
ddesros2 is offline  
Old 02-19-2005, 06:52 PM
  #274  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
scoobydo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bay Area San Jose
Posts: 1,505
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
Xray will always be continuously developing their product.....they don't like to settle with good enough....
continuously developing their product?
That may be true, but at the end of the day its all about sales.
Whats better than putting out a new car and having new converts buy it,
AND having T1FK04 people salivating saying, "I want the new car".
If they are keeping the same suspension, why not come out with an upgrade kit?
I'll tell you why:
$150 conversion kit compared to a $400 brand new kit?
I'll bet some money they come out with a conversion kit AFTER several months of the initial full kit release.
Money, money, money!
The only people getting screwed are the 04 people.
I plan on buying an 05, but I'm due for a kit as it has been a year.
But what about all the people who recently purchased the 04?
I feel sorry for them. If Xray wanted to do something nice they should release the 05 with the conversion kit at the same time and show a little customer support. Too bad that will never happen.
Oh well, cant blame them for wanting to turn a profit.
scoobydo is offline  
Old 02-19-2005, 09:31 PM
  #275  
Tech Elite
 
ChadCapece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CofC
Posts: 3,313
Default

OR they are doing like Tamiya, having 2 competitive cars their consumers can choose from. Who says the FK05 is better? Maybe it is just as fast as the FK04, but drives differently. The TRF Evo4 is just as fast as the TRF 415, but the cars drive differently.
ChadCapece is offline  
Old 02-19-2005, 09:37 PM
  #276  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
scoobydo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bay Area San Jose
Posts: 1,505
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
OR they are doing like Tamiya, having 2 competitive cars their consumers can choose from. Who says the FK05 is better? Maybe it is just as fast as the FK04, but drives differently. The TRF Evo4 is just as fast as the TRF 415, but the cars drive differently.
I would have to agree with you if the cars were completley different.
You cant compare the Evo IV with the TRF 415. The are completely different cars.
Also, tell me where I can purchase a T1FK04?(retail, not E-bay)...........Exactly.
Your theory is a good one, but flawed since the will not sell the 04 anymore, thus NOT giving the consumer the choice.
scoobydo is offline  
Old 02-19-2005, 09:43 PM
  #277  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: farmington, mi
Posts: 695
Default

good point on the no more selling of the 04s.
greencactus3 is offline  
Old 02-19-2005, 09:59 PM
  #278  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,080
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by scoobydo
continuously developing their product?
That may be true, but at the end of the day its all about sales.
Whats better than putting out a new car and having new converts buy it,
AND having T1FK04 people salivating saying, "I want the new car".
If they are keeping the same suspension, why not come out with an upgrade kit?
I'll tell you why:
$150 conversion kit compared to a $400 brand new kit?
I'll bet some money they come out with a conversion kit AFTER several months of the initial full kit release.
Money, money, money!
The only people getting screwed are the 04 people.
I plan on buying an 05, but I'm due for a kit as it has been a year.
But what about all the people who recently purchased the 04?
I feel sorry for them. If Xray wanted to do something nice they should release the 05 with the conversion kit at the same time and show a little customer support. Too bad that will never happen.
Oh well, cant blame them for wanting to turn a profit.
You can always buy the parts and do your own upgrade...looks like all you'll need is:
Chassis
Top Deck
Front Bulkheads
Rear Bulkheads
Motor mount
Servo Saver
Center layshaft
pulley kit
Layshaft bearings


Why force people to buy an FK and then an upgrade kit if they want an FK05. The parts will be available for you to upgrade, just as they were with the previous cars.

A large portion of the 'FK' kits out there are not FK's at all but rather converted T1R and Evo2 cars.

I personally like the approach that Xray has taken in releasing kits and makig the parts available to upgrade prior versions instead of casting everything aside for a complete departure from the design.
ChrisP is offline  
Old 02-19-2005, 10:18 PM
  #279  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
scoobydo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bay Area San Jose
Posts: 1,505
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
You can always buy the parts and do your own upgrade...looks like all you'll need is:
Chassis
Top Deck
Front Bulkheads
Rear Bulkheads
Motor mount
Servo Saver
Center layshaft
pulley kit
Layshaft bearings


Why force people to buy an FK and then an upgrade kit if they want an FK05. The parts will be available for you to upgrade, just as they were with the previous cars.

A large portion of the 'FK' kits out there are not FK's at all but rather converted T1R and Evo2 cars.

I personally like the approach that Xray has taken in releasing kits and makig the parts available to upgrade prior versions instead of casting everything aside for a complete departure from the design.
Now see, Thats a good point. One that will make me say "Touche".
Usually an upgrade kit could be made cheaper than purchasing all the parts separetlely.
Besides, have you looked for Xray parts lately. Everywhere I look they are sold out or on back order.
Becomes a treasure hunt to upgrade your car. Especially since your compteting against new 05 owners trying to get spares.
However, I like your point and it makes sense now.
scoobydo is offline  
Old 02-20-2005, 03:18 PM
  #280  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
danjoy25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,151
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default FK05-when????

Any updates on when the new car is coming out. I read around March and Xray also replied to my email that its guaranteed to be out before April. Is this a worldwide release? (US and Hongkong shops will received their kits the same time)
danjoy25 is offline  
Old 02-20-2005, 03:45 PM
  #281  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
NVisible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,188
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

well thats better than what i heard. April doesnt sound too bad
NVisible is offline  
Old 02-20-2005, 04:43 PM
  #282  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Posts: 1,027
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

just a guess from the things iv read and seen....the U.S. drivers ran "production" cars while the european drivers still had there prototypes....in the pix from nurembug it looks like they had more than one car there too...probably production cars, or they only would have had one car there....with that many production cars around....seems like it will probably be out sooner than later....
Mdoc is offline  
Old 02-20-2005, 04:47 PM
  #283  
Tech Master
 
FW-05RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,384
Default

US distributors for x-ray dellay alot of things so even if the new T1FK'05 is released sometime before april we still have to wait on the distributors

it may be a while
FW-05RR is offline  
Old 02-20-2005, 04:53 PM
  #284  
Tech Elite
 
ChadCapece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CofC
Posts: 3,313
Default

the evo4 and 415 have the same suspension components. Maybe the 05 will be their asphalt car and the 04 will be the carpet car. The 05 looks like it has a little higher top deck and CG.
ChadCapece is offline  
Old 02-20-2005, 05:21 PM
  #285  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
NVisible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,188
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

well, considering no retailers have any 04 kits, looks like the 05 is going to have to do both.
NVisible is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.