R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-26-2005, 09:21 PM   #2791
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by promatchrcr
Cool, I figured it would be fine but felt a second or third opinion was in order just in case,LOL. As for pistons do you guys just use only Tamiya pistons or what?
That will work fine ..I only did the cone washers as I wanted to drive a screw all the way through to eliminate the chance of a shock poping off do to the extreme G-Forces I generate when I hack someone out of a corner
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:43 PM   #2792
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Alex:
Does that fit the 2mm chassis too? I run rubber and gear Monster Stcok Pro around 7-7.1, whith stock spur I'm a little too high and low, same with C2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edseb
Alex:
Yeah, I like those spur gears. They are a little beafier and I use them in my L4 1/12th scale. Only problem is that unlike Kimbrough, there isn't a ridge to clip on a dust cover for the diff on the sides. That won't be a problem on sedans.
edseb,

As far as fitting the 2mm chassis it should not be a problem it should be comparable to a 87 (48 pitch) Spur gear.

I hope this helps out with your roleout.

Best Regards

Alex
Alex C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:20 PM   #2793
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Xray racers, just wanted to let you know we are having the annual Beat the Heat Race here in Memphis July 30-31. You can find more info here- http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...5&page=1&pp=40The reason I wanted to hit you guys up about it is that I've been talking smack to the Losi guys since I run Xray. I think they may be coming stong...lol
Anyways, Toastie will be here to run electric as will Ron Atomic to run nitro. If you guys wanna come see how you measure up to one of the best non-factory asphalt Xray racers in the country then come on down. Toastie isn't the only fast Xray guy that will be here considering I seriously doubt there are many that can come to my house and punk me out...

Feel free to ask questions and such. It's gonna be a blast. So far there's probably double the number of racers planning to come than from the last 4 years!!

Quick rundown-
stock- rubber tire 24deg ROAR stock
19t- rubber tire 24deg tagged arm. Adj timing OK but must be set to 24*
mod- mod; bring it! rubber tire

nitro sedan sportsman- 12 or rtr 15, foam tires
nitro sedan expert- 12 only, foam tires

all classes ROAR weight and typical TC legal race bodies or something real close (ala Snowbirds rules)

cookout after quals are over Sat night. BYOB
anyone not having FUN will be DQ'd immediately!!!!
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:12 AM   #2794
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
That will work fine ..I only did the cone washers as I wanted to drive a screw all the way through to eliminate the chance of a shock poping off do to the extreme G-Forces I generate when I hack someone out of a corner
Which piston did you use 2 hole or 3 hole? And are you still using Xray shock oil? I will be out at SW with Roger and the boys next month on the 15th, hope to see you there!
NorCal_Big_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:33 AM   #2795
Tech Elite

I've stripped a screw into the right rear bulkhead and demolished the threads in the hole trying to get it out. If anyone in the US has bought an extra set to use any of the other bulkheads from the set, please PM me so I can purchase a right rear from you.

I'm paypal ready! Thanks.
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:17 AM   #2796
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal_Big_L
Which piston did you use 2 hole or 3 hole? And are you still using Xray shock oil? I will be out at SW with Roger and the boys next month on the 15th, hope to see you there!
3 hole all the way around, no I'm using trrinity oil as I have just about every weight from 30 to 100 of that!! ...yea I'll be there the 15th it's my normal "every other friday" practice day.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:14 PM   #2797
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default FK05 chassis

just a simple question to all Fk05 experts, Will the fk05's chassis fit the T1 raycer? Or what do I need to make my battery config. sidexside instead of saddle pack? I mean what chassis do I need?

Thanks
Old 06-27-2005, 01:34 PM   #2798
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae
just a simple question to all Fk05 experts, Will the fk05's chassis fit the T1 raycer? Or what do I need to make my battery config. sidexside instead of saddle pack? I mean what chassis do I need?

Thanks
no it will not fit. buy the fk o4 chassie or buy one from BMI

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:18 PM   #2799
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anybody know if there are any aftermarket spools available for the Xray05. I ran the Multidiff spool this weekend, but i am afraid of it breaking at some point. I know they used to make a spool for the older platforms does anyone know if it is still available or have one for sale. please email thanks.
m8commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:23 PM   #2800
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8commando
Does anybody know if there are any aftermarket spools available for the Xray05. I ran the Multidiff spool this weekend, but i am afraid of it breaking at some point. I know they used to make a spool for the older platforms does anyone know if it is still available or have one for sale. please email thanks.
I have asked this very same thing and my reply was the sound of crickets in the night

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:27 PM   #2801
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1

Got my new FK'05 ready to go tonight, I can't wait to get it on the track.
I have never driven any of the Xray cars, only Tc3. What differences should I expect?
Will be running on carpet, using one of Jilles carpet set ups off the XRAY site.
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:28 PM   #2802
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

I think RCMushroom might have one. If "TheGame" is reading I think he had ordered one and should be able to help you guys out.

Mark

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:32 PM   #2803
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i am not sure if they make on but I have 3 from the old fk and evo2 days. pm me if you are interested. I think one of mine has never been used.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:08 PM   #2804
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8commando
I haven't seen anything either
Old 06-28-2005, 06:48 AM   #2805
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp
I've stripped a screw into the right rear bulkhead and demolished the threads in the hole trying to get it out. If anyone in the US has bought an extra set to use any of the other bulkheads from the set, please PM me so I can purchase a right rear from you.

I'm paypal ready! Thanks.
You might be able to save the bulkhead by installing a helical insert. McMaster Carr sells 3mm inserts.
Eric Gebhard is offline   Reply With Quote