R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #2611
Tech Adept

I guess I need to clarify. I have looked at the race reports and the setups available on Xray's website, Groskamp, Dumas, etc., and it seems the drivers, Groskamp in particular, don't use the standard chassis that came with the kit (3mm on carpet, 2 mm on asphault, recently at the Reedy Race) as well as the wide top deck. Other option parts were used as well, as with most race cars. I am not trying to bash the car, I was only trying to see if what I was seeing on Xray's website was actually the case with most drivers and if it is necessary for the car.
aviaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:18 AM   #2612
Tech Elite

I think you'll find that all top sponsored drivers run non-standard kit parts, as they are always testing prototypes that will come out in the next kit or batch of option parts.
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #2613
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder
maybe they will be included in the next fk05team edition? or whatever the new "FK" will be called.

there are heaps of new option parts that i recon will be included in a team kit. my question is,
"WHEN DO YOU GUYS RECON XRAY WILL RELEASE A TEAM KIT EDITION OF THE 05?"
I doubt they will bring out a new car till next year xmas time, they have only really just released this one and it is going so well, so why change it so early on

Charles
Old 06-07-2005, 12:10 PM   #2614
Tech Rookie

Hi,

At the recent Reedy race most teamdrivers used 2mm chassis. At that track it was maybe 0.1 sec faster.
The kit is only 2.5mm and this chassis also works really good. I have been racing this chassis at the LRP masters and on most outdoors tracks in The Netherlands. XRAY choose the 2.5mm because this is a good compromise for anybody. For carpet on foam you can use 2.5mm with stands and for outdoor rubber tyres 2.5mm without stands. At the snowbird we ran 3mm but we never tried the 2.5mm chassis so we don't even knew what worked best.

Jilles Groskamp
Jilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:16 PM   #2615
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_bam226
Hey, I got an FK05 myself, and listening to fellow racers who have the car already, and reading from your posting, I'll have to agree that only really needed upgrades are the steel axles for the front end, and aluminum shock bodies. I am suprised that Xray never included them in the kit before.
Aluminum shock bodies are not needed at all.Nice but not needed.Spring steel axels are a definate must.Its cost prohibitive to add the spring steel axels without the kit getting out of hand with pricing.As if itisnt already.

Brian do you just collect cars?Or are you ever gonna come out and actually race?Just wondering.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:48 PM   #2616
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123
Aluminum shock bodies are not needed at all.Nice but not needed.Spring steel axels are a definate must.Its cost prohibitive to add the spring steel axels without the kit getting out of hand with pricing.As if itisnt already.

Brian do you just collect cars?Or are you ever gonna come out and actually race?Just wondering.
A little of both. Hey, I don't have all the time to this hobby. And I will admit I don't race much because of work, being self-employed in a partnership means sometimes working weekends to pay the bills. If you want to talk about it, call me out face to face, you know where to get my number.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:58 PM   #2617
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Careful Brian, last Sunday, 19t class, with a field of sponsored drivers, Pool boy laid it down. It was nice to see XRAY sweep 1 2 3 ! Tom was fast and it looked like Roger had a differnt car, it look night and day compared to his qualifiers. We all know it's hard to race with owning a business and family, alot of us are giving you a hard time, because we want you out there trading paint and rubbing tires with us. It's all in fun, just hanging out with the boys and racing!
NorCal_Big_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:40 PM   #2618
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal_Big_L
last Sunday, 19t class, with a field of sponsored drivers, Pool boy laid it down. It was nice to see XRAY sweep 1 2 3 !
Yups, that was a triple X finish ( FK05's finished in the top 3 )

Last edited by Roger; 06-08-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 02:30 PM   #2619
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Relax my man! Just joshin'!

Like Larry said,just wondering when youll be able to race.Got to love the internet and how its hard to read into the context of someones words sometimes.

Big L...........You just had to call me the Pool_boy didnt you?!
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #2620
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix

hey guys,

On the multi diff, what are we suppose to do if the pull does not have the notch in it hte instructions say?

Thanks,

Nick
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #2621
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Sounds like you have the latest version which has the hole further away from the pulley so the notch is not needed.
See post a few pages back about this or look at xray forum
big_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:07 PM   #2622
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
hey guys,

On the multi diff, what are we suppose to do if the pull does not have the notch in it hte instructions say?

Thanks,

Nick
Mr. Martinez: Do not worry. You have new one.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:44 PM   #2623
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123
Big L...........You just had to call me the Pool_boy didnt you?!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy Pool Boy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahha......
gasp, wheeeeze, gasp, aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahah

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #2624
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.........................now I'm never gonna hear the end of that one. Thanks Advil!
NorCal_Big_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 06:51 PM   #2625
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

BRING BACK THE SPOOL !!!!!!!!

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote