Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sonic31
will lowering the rear shock tower affect my roll center on my fk05 or am i ok on that one? just wondering
if the rear camber link angle changes, the roll center changes...
Old 05-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

it is a novice question from me but i just wanted to get other opinions on lowering the rear tower. thanks for the input
Old 05-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

Angry

Can anyone help on how to build the X-ray shocks so that there is no rebound ... I must have tried about ten times now and just can't seem to do it ...???????????????
Old 05-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by jdwca
Yeah, XRAY 30wt is around 50-55wt. in Trinity/Associated oil. I've never compared it to Losi. 60wt is a little too heavy for related use. I also generally prefer the XRAY oil to the Trinity equivalent. I find it to be a tick smoother and easier to work with.

As far as building the shocks, simply follow the instructions. I've built these shocks for a number of different kits. (Ask Tag, he's always getting me to build shocks for his cars.) They're actually really easy to build and super smooth. I never have air bubbles and generally I rebuild my shocks once a month.

Simply fill the shock to the top with the shock oil. Then, slowly push the piston almost to the top of its travel. Pull it back down very gently and then fill the rest of the body to the top with oil. Then, put the bladder on top (yes, some of the oil will overflow) and then put the shock cap on until it's fairly tight. Before you do ANYTHING, flip the shock upside down and compress a few times. The rebound will be too strong, SO, with the shock still upside down, you unscrew the bottom portion until it's off the shock body and then compress the shaft a few times until oil leaks out. Go ahead and screw the bottom cap back on and compress the shaft. You want very, very little rebound--if any. (I leave some in because inevitably the shocks lose some oil after a few runs.) Keep bleeding this way until you get the rebound you want. Remember, always keep the shock upside down when bleeding.

VOILA!--perfect XRAY shocks. Other than the Tamiya ones, they've been my favorite shocks to work with. [/B]
Old 05-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by acutts
Can anyone help on how to build the X-ray shocks so that there is no rebound ... I must have tried about ten times now and just can't seem to do it ...???????????????
Nevermind, UnderDaHill beat me to it.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by UnderDaHill
Thanks mate .... I think I know what I was doing wrong :-)
Old 05-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Regional Moderator

I have to build mine tonight so I was already trying to find some suggestions. I thought I'd just share the results of my search.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I cant understand why you guys try to get no rebound. I have never felt the difference and it doesnt affect my cars performance. Do you think that little pressure from rebound is going to make a difference with 30lb springs on your car?
Old 05-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Regional Moderator

I'm not too worried about a bit of rebound but I am worried about having a large difference between left and right rebound or having a LARGE rebound. I built the Xray T1M shocks (same shocks) a while ago and didn't have any problem with them.

But then again I'm used to the Associated nightmare shocks. :-)
Old 05-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by UnderDaHill
I have to build mine tonight so I was already trying to find some suggestions. I thought I'd just share the results of my search.
I have found the removal of the bottom cap does allow the reduction of rebound but also allows air bubbles back in to the shock so is this a wise move?
Old 05-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have found the removal of the bottom cap does allow the reduction of rebound but also allows air bubbles back in to the shock so is this a wise move?
When you hear people talking about removing the bottom cap during shock assemply what they are doing is over filling the shock and loosening the bottom cap when they screw the top cap on. At this point you turn the shock upside down and bleed the shock through the bottom and secure the bottom cap with the shock shaft fully depressed thus removing all air and setting the shock to no rebound.

Mark
Old 05-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

What kind of droop settings are a lot of you guys using on medium grip ashalt tracks as a starter setup?
Old 05-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nobody talking about the new FK05 parts?
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...f4efc43652452c
looks like some interesting adjustments to be had
Old 05-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

You want to make sure that you don't pull the shaft out then it suck air back in. You also don't want to remove the cap completely. Just unlock it and let it sit on the access oil coming out.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone looking to get an XRAY T1FK 2005 Brand new in the box CHEAP!?

GO HERE!
http://www.horshamrcracingstorefront...?CategoryID=18

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.