R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2005, 03:32 PM   #2071
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SCS Michigan
Posts: 327
Default

Tim,
You drivin an Xray now? i just picked up a jrxs it went togather like a charm and hopefuly drive as good.
Tony Szep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 05:49 PM   #2072
Tech Regular
 
ddesros2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Windsor, Canada-eh!!
Posts: 403
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Stamper
Drive it like ya stole it brotha. It just made it faster without changing anything.

Tim
Chris (aka: Windsorguy99) is getting faster every time he gets on the track with his FK05. I'm in the process of converting my T1 (Windsorguy99's old car) to an FK05, looking forward to some racing with it.
ddesros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:00 PM   #2073
Tech Master
 
=MisFitz= NuKe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,058
Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default

Yes, with my FK05, I have been setting new track records each weekend (fastest single lap, and best 5 minute run).
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:03 PM   #2074
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
Yes, with my FK05, I have been setting new track records each weekend (fastest single lap, and best 5 minute run).
You still running that same setup? I'm practicing tomorrow and was gonna give your setup a try.
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:25 PM   #2075
Tech Adept
 
noline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 227
Default Stock Gearing

Im currently running a Xray 2005 touring car and I plan to run stock with a 116 spur what pinion should I use for a Trinity Monster Horsepower Stock motor Im running rubber tires on a med/sized asphalt track any help would be greatly apreciated.
noline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:35 PM   #2076
Tech Elite
 
howard hudson's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: some damned place called Iowa
Posts: 4,245
Default Re: Stock Gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by noline
Im currently running a Xray 2005 touring car and I plan to run stock with a 116 spur what pinion should I use for a Trinity Monster Horsepower Stock motor Im running rubber tires on a med/sized asphalt track any help would be greatly apreciated.
every track is differant

go to gearchart.com and print you up a gear chart . then ask at the track what final the fast guys are running look it up and go from there
__________________
what the heck is r/c car??? ( said in your best redneck voice)

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:16 PM   #2077
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Stock Gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by howard hudson
every track is differant

go to gearchart.com and print you up a gear chart . then ask at the track what final the fast guys are running look it up and go from there
Yea go to www.gearchart.com ..that site ROCKS
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:56 PM   #2078
Tech Elite
 
ChrisP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shelby Twp, MI
Posts: 2,046
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ddesros2
Chris (aka: Windsorguy99) is getting faster every time he gets on the track with his FK05. I'm in the process of converting my T1 (Windsorguy99's old car) to an FK05, looking forward to some racing with it.
Shaved almost a full second of fmy best lap times...just gotta concentrate and string em together better and i'll be right up there....

the car was giving me a competitive advantage....

A year ago I was the only Xray in the area.......now there are over 10 running regularly at our local trackI guess people figure that if it can make me fast it'll do wonders for them
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:07 PM   #2079
Tech Master
 
=MisFitz= NuKe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,058
Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HarshGuy
You still running that same setup? I'm practicing tomorrow and was gonna give your setup a try.
I have been adjusting it...of course. Although, I am pretty close, mainly just fine adjustments each weekend for track conditions. This past weekend I went with a Losi Alpha in 19turn, and it seemed to calm the car down from the Mazda (which it should). I am still working on gaining more traction overall.
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:17 PM   #2080
Tech Master
 
Jimmy Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,230
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

This is what I did tonight with a can of Dupli-Color Metalcast. This stuff is pretty sweet.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp blue 1.bmp (189.1 KB, 309 views)
__________________
www.superiorhobbies.com
Jimmy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:51 PM   #2081
Tech Addict
 
Tim Stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redford, Mi.
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Szep
Tim,
You drivin an Xray now? i just picked up a jrxs it went togather like a charm and hopefuly drive as good.
Been drivin' an '05 since it hit the states. Go a few pages back and there are some pictures of it posted. I think page 62 or 63 or something like that.

Tim
__________________
This space for rent
Tim Stamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:55 PM   #2082
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop
Default

where did you get that dupli-color stuff that looks good
__________________
Hurricane Motorsports
Team Trinity

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:57 PM   #2083
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 322
Send a message via ICQ to tc3Guru Send a message via AIM to tc3Guru
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Morris
This is what I did tonight with a can of Dupli-Color Metalcast. This stuff is pretty sweet.
Looks nice. let us know how long it looks good for. I've never really thought about doing it. My problem would be considering how long it lasts and how long it would look good after running it a few weekends.
tc3Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:14 PM   #2084
Tech Master
 
=MisFitz= NuKe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,058
Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tc3Guru
Looks nice. let us know how long it looks good for. I've never really thought about doing it. My problem would be considering how long it lasts and how long it would look good after running it a few weekends.
Ya...and how much of it rub off when you touch it several times.
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:46 PM   #2085
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I am about to order an T1FK'05 for my first onroad car.

What i would like to know is what should i order with it!!

Like upgrades, parts that you can tun that car (springs...), parts that brake...ext

Any info would be awsome.

Thnx,

Kody
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
Xray T1FK05 $100.00 Charles R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 04-25-2006 10:51 AM
F/S: Xray T1FK05 ewippler R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 12-09-2005 04:03 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 ewippler R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-06-2005 06:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:52 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net