R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-11-2005, 12:52 AM   #136
Tech Regular

It will be nice if sway bars come standard with the kit.
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:32 AM   #137
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After compared all T1FK05 photos with T1FK, I think only the chassis, front/rear bulkhead, front oneway/spool assemble, and steering rack are different. Entire suspension assemble seems identical with T1FK. Should be a good news fot T1FK owner.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:39 AM   #138
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ttso
After compared all T1FK05 photos with T1FK, I think only the chassis, front/rear bulkhead, front oneway/spool assemble, and steering rack are different. Entire suspension assemble seems identical with T1FK. Should be a good news fot T1FK owner.
You are forgetting most of the drivetrain, as the rear diff is different and the layshaft aswell. That doesn't leave much parts IMHO, I can count the parts that are common to the original T1 on the fingers of one hand
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:05 AM   #139
Tech Regular

The layshaft is indeed different but the diff is unchanged other than using 34t pulleys as were used on the original T1, the T!EVO2, T1R and T1 FoC instead of 32t as used on the FK. The A-arms, caster blocks, rear uprights, shocks, shock towers, bearings, turnbuckles, axles, wheelhubs, front and rear bumper and body posts are all unchanged (I probably forgot something here so if you spot it help me out ).

Basically everything from the bulkheads outwards is the same as the FK. Moreover most options and stuff from older models in these areas can be used to. Including the spool and diff (34t). The only exception I can think right now is that long A-Arms cannot be used at the rear as the spur is in the way.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:15 AM   #140
Tech Regular

Ah, thought of one, the belts are the same too.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #141
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

how about the pulleys onthe layshaft. can they be installed on the FK?

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:41 AM   #142
Tech Regular

Default Same cars

Hi,

Seems like the design of this new chassis is the best at this moment in racing!

I'm wondering why we see this much of the same?
The balance of the FK was always very good!

Why have they then gone to this design?
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:51 AM   #143
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
how about the pulleys onthe layshaft. can they be installed on the FK?
The pulleys on the FK are about as large as you can go without contacting the can on the motor.

In order to be able to keep the center to center distance the same you would need to have a smaller diff pulley as well, and that is not currently available...

so no I don't tink that there would be any way to use the new pulley system on the current FK
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:05 AM   #144
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Same cars

Quote:
Originally posted by 840918001
Hi,

Seems like the design of this new chassis is the best at this moment in racing!

I'm wondering why we see this much of the same?
The balance of the FK was always very good!

Why have they then gone to this design?
Move weight (especially motor, the heavy one) closer to CG will help to reduce rotation mess, chassis rotation will be faster/easier, result a more agile car.

That's the same reason why all shaft car try to move everything closer to drivetrain.

Try to put 10g on very front and rear (or very left and right) of car, you should able to feel the different easily.

I'm considering to get a 2nd hand T1FK since most of parts seems compatiable (and lots people start dumping their T1FK in very cheap price.. )
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:11 AM   #145
Tech Elite

like the fk t1 easy to change the spur.

question,

-wats the advantage of fk05 to t1 fk?
-how abt the parts can we use sme of it frm the t1?
rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:12 AM   #146
Tech Elite

the fk05 and the t1 fk hav the same weight?
rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:19 AM   #147
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

And here I thought I would never have a use for all of my extra 34 tooth pulleys!!

I am loving my current ride-but this fk05 gets more appealing by the nanosecond!!

Zero slop car-and after running the car with the same arms and hingepins and hbs for 13 months-still no slop!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:26 AM   #148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

and an added bonus, your tamale parts will still work. Ray you are just soo easy to pick on

lol

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:41 AM   #149
Tech Adept

I cant fault the T1FK at all, i still feel its the best kit in the shops, and then this comes out, and it pushes the boundaries out even further away from others.
I've never seen the shock related problems, ive (through lazyness and the fact that it hasnt been vital to do so) had the same shocks built on the car since September, i check them on the Losi tool every month to see if there out slightly, and they havent been yet.

The 415MS has a really nice and simple spur gear swap system, where the spur hub is attached to the layshaft via grub screw, you just undo those, slide out the shaft, and you've got a hub & spur in your hands.
I'd imagine Tamiya slapped a on that one though, the FK05 doesnt have that though sadly, so it looks like the quickest route would be to remove the right rear bulkhead, a little messy, but in heats, theres time to be doing something like that along with other bits n peices. Shame its not as quick and easy as the Tamiya method though.

As TonyV has already said, everything on the outside of the bulkheads is taken from the T1FK, theres not much used from the Evo2 or the T1 (now the pulleys, which funnily enough i was given half a dozen of them with the odd out-drive last week)

I dunno if i'll be able to afford the new kit, would certainly jump at the chance to run one if i could though, but i dont know why people dont like the progression of the T1, it changes every year.
T1 > T1 Evo2 > T1 FoC > T1FK > T1FK '05
If you look back, you'll see theres something new every year, they dont sit back and wait around, there continuing the evolution of the kit. I find it hard to understand the negative side to doing such things. Especially when support isnt stopped on the previous model, and half of the items on the new kit use previous parts too.

Im a little disappointed i have a spotless XRC chassis on the car, and a never been used FK chassis sat in the box, but thats how it is, theres no pressure to move to the current model, stay where you are if you want, but theres a new kit (coming) out if anyones interested.
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:32 AM   #150
Tech Regular

Theisgroup:
I don't think so. The FK05 pulleys are narrower and also the belts will be too tight (if they fit at all).

840918001:
There are multiple reasons but some of the key ones are:
- to move the weight more to the center of the car increasing cornering speed (faster rotation) and reducing chassis roll (more mechanical grip)
- move the layshaft down to reduce weight transfer due to the torque applied to the layshaft (the higher up it is the more weight transfer)
- move the motor forward again to reduce weight transfer due to torque effects
- lower CG.

Rice:
Posted this before but here it is again. The diff is unchanged other than using 34t pulleys as were used on the original T1, the T1EVO2, T1R and T1 FoC instead of 32t as used on the FK. The A-arms, caster blocks, rear uprights, shocks, shock towers, bearings, turnbuckles, axles, wheelhubs, front and rear bumper and body posts are all unchanged as are the belts.

Basically everything from the bulkheads outwards is the same as the FK. Moreover most options and stuff from older models in these areas can be used to. Including the spool and diff (34t). The only exception I can think right now is that long A-Arms cannot be used at the rear as the spur is in the way.