Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What do I get? AE TC4 or Losi XXX-S Graphite Plus? >

What do I get? AE TC4 or Losi XXX-S Graphite Plus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do I get? AE TC4 or Losi XXX-S Graphite Plus?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Get what you want!!! you gotta make up your own mind based on what you think will be better not us!
Old 01-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

research both cars. make a descision.

stop looking for the damned cliffs notes version of what car to buy.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by macnkitty2002
boy, i didn't know that this thread would be so heated.

i would still rather get the TC4 because of the great price. the TC4 is new tech, and is not likely to be replaced any time soon. the XXX-S is already being replaced, not saying its not a good car, but i prefer to keep up with the jonses. i bought a t-maxx last year, 3 months before the revo announced its arrival. once i saw that the revo had come out, i would have saved my money for the revo rather than spending all my money hoping up my maxx. i just recently sold it to get the FT NTC3, which i hope will not be replaced soon either(it probably will considering the TC4's arrival). and once again, the parts sharing and AE brand consistency is what i like. i would rather purchase the kit now and hop up in the summer when i have a ton more money. if i had the money to get the XXX-S G+ and its upgrades i would just get a Yokomo or something.
No offense, but what was the point of this thread then? Seems like your mind is made up on ther TC4 and if you had the money for the G+ you'd buy something else anyway
Old 01-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by micros_rock
If you want a great price, check out the Xray T1R for 199.99. Not to start a war, but the Xray is a superior car compared to the TC4 and Losi.
If un-needed "bling" and a lack of basic hand-fitting makes a car superior then I suppose you're right.

There's two schools of thought here. The "Luxury" school and the "gets around the quickest" school.

AE and LOSI create machines that go-fast. Being pretty never shaved seconds off of lap-times.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Soviet
If un-needed "bling" and a lack of basic hand-fitting makes a car superior then I suppose you're right.

There's two schools of thought here. The "Luxury" school and the "gets around the quickest" school.

AE and LOSI create machines that go-fast. Being pretty never shaved seconds off of lap-times.
And I suppose it being cheaper makes it "Luxury?"
I have either owned or driven most of the competitive touring cars out, and my Xray spanks TC3's and Losi's. BTW, out of all the cars I've built, the Xray went together the smoothest.
If you want pretty, go Tamiya, lol.

Back on topic, I'd go with the TC4 over the XXX-S.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Stuff them all Get A HPI PRO 4!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Go Team Yok,
Has the fit and finish of a TC4 and the drivability of any of the luxury cars. I had the FT TC3 and loved it but after driving my friends Yokomo MR-4TC SD SSG it was clear that the Carbon Fiber chassis was a Good Thing. Just my two pennies. It cost about the same as both but you get the best of both worlds and if you are trying to save a few bucks check Ebay I got mine with the upgradeds and a spare chassis for $200.00 and have never looked back.
Hope this didn;t confuse you more.
GO Team Yok
Stephen <><
see how pretty she is...
Old 01-31-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

a car is only as good as the person wheeling it. nuff said
Old 01-31-2005, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

I raced my XRay on a parking lot a handful of times last year and the chassis has the scars to prove it. If I do any parking lot racing this year, it will be with a tub chassis. In that respect, I'd stay away from the JRXS.

The TC4 and XXXS G+ are both good cars. Pick the one with the best parts support in your area and go with it.

Rob
Old 01-31-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i think i am going to have to go with the TC4. they have the best parts availability for my LHS and myself. AE says that they wont be releasing a factory team TC4 until next year, but thats better for me because i can just save my money and get all of the factory hop-ups when they are available rather than blowing it all on the kit and not having any money for electronics. towerhobbies, which is most conveinient for me, stocks AE and not losi. i could just buy from Horizon, but i think that they are overpriced and never have what i want in stock. and i will not only be practicing on parking lots but will also be racing on parking lots. so i think that the TC4's tub style chassis will be good and tough. the Xray, thats too much bling and i wouldn't want to race it because i might scratch it! Pro 4, same deal, too much bling.

so, case closed.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:55 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by elcid4300
No offense, but what was the point of this thread then? Seems like your mind is made up on ther TC4 and if you had the money for the G+ you'd buy something else anyway
You said it!

What is the point of any of these "please tell me how to spend my own money" threads.

99% of the time, the people already have their minds made up.

So like you said, "what was the point"...
Old 01-31-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

tc4 sux has so many probs......xxxs way better car hands down.................used to run one and was very happy now im in a pro 4 which is as fast as a tc3 but handles like a losi my .02
Old 01-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

the tc4 had problems early days..most have been ironed out now, the only problem now is slop (which i see a lot of on the xxxs)

id say go with the tc4 mate, they are solid cars...reallyt easy to setup and are much newer (and aren't going to be replaced in a month or so)...
Old 01-31-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Both my wife and I race the xxx-sG+, the main reasons for this is 1.good supply of parts
2. driveline is enclosed, keeps the dirt and dust out
3. in a front end colision you have less chance for damage, I was told with a shaft driven car you bend the shaft.

Like everyone has said, always keep in mind what and where you are planning to drive, as both cars are as good as eachother.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by terapin
tc4 sux has so many probs......xxxs way better car hands down.................used to run one and was very happy now im in a pro 4 which is as fast as a tc3 but handles like a losi my .02
Intelligent post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.