Community
Wiki Posts
Search

traxxas xo-1 hits 153mph !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Tony, noted on the speed guns and the videos I compiled with speeds are unofficial. Just curious, could you share the setup you tried (e.g. motor, battery voltage) and the speed you achieved? Trying to match the battery voltage to speed. Have you tried the 8s per OP? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by TPhalen
Not sure why I'm posting...maybe because I'm interested or maybe it's because I have a XO-1 and it doesn't go that fast...and let me tell you I've tried!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I see a lots of comments regarding using radar gun. Who can verify radar gun accuracy?

I'm doing some speed runs myself. I am obviously way out of Rcchoppers league as 112klm/hr is my best yet.
At the moment I have 140klm/hr as a goal.
The thing is I did it multiple times, used digital video cam to record the car passing an outdoor netball court. (Netball is women's basketball)

Then I put the video in a video editor on a PC and frame by frame measure the time taken to cross the court. 1 frame every 4 hundredth of a second allows good accuracy. Netball courts are standard size but I did confirm with tape measure.

I have video from multiple angles. This is not to prove to others, it is so I am confident I'm recording accurate results. If someone wants to dispute my claims I could not care less. I know what I have achieved and can show the video to anyone that is interested in seeing.

It seems totally ridiculous that Rcchopper did this and did not bother to get any type of video of the event. Just as ridiculous as posting a video of the data logging and expecting people to believe it.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi, RCChopper claims he has done it, it's his thread. With 8s it is very possible so I have no reason to doubt (proof or no proof). Other videos on youtube show this can be done (albeit with other cars).

Not sure why people called it BS (on the first page) even before asking RCChopper for video proof of his car running. My opinion is 8S (unloaded) would give higher reading than 153mph. And 8S (loaded) is about right at 153mph. Based on that I'm inclined to believe his claim. But of course a video of the car running would be nice.

It's no biggie. If fake, who cares. Plenty of other fast cars we can watch on youtube.
Again, Team Associated has built this uber-expensive and completely one-off 168ish mph speed run car. Stretched, tons of aerodynamic advantages over the XO and somewhere in the vicinity of 12hp. So, I'm pretty certain that adding 2S to a 100mph car without any other changes is not going to eclipse the 150mph mark. Not to mention that, when doing any kind of speed run, the faster you go, the more resistance the air causes, meaning you need ALOT more power to overcome it. Going from 6S to 8S just won't pick up 50mph. I'm not even sure the app is accurate yet. I'll be doing some testing to see (I have a radar gun).

I tried putting my XO on the workbench and mashed the throttle. Looking at the readout it said 999mph. I'm pretty sure that's not accurate. Ya, pretty sure.

But I do like RCChopper enthusiasm

Last edited by TPhalen; 04-10-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Looking at the readout it said 999mph.
Video of said read out or it did not happen. That way you're legit with "traxxas x0-1 hits 999mph !!1"
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I made my tamiya f104 do 65mph! Woo!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I tried putting my XO on the workbench and mashed the throttle. Looking at the readout it said 999mph. I'm pretty sure that's not accurate. Ya, pretty sure.)
Oh this thread is golden! Helps make the work day bearable
Old 04-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Again, Team Associated has built this uber-expensive and completely one-off 168ish mph speed run car. Stretched, tons of aerodynamic advantages over the XO and somewhere in the vicinity of 12hp. So, I'm pretty certain that adding 2S to a 100mph car without any other changes is not going to eclipse the 150mph mark. Not to mention that, when doing any kind of speed run, the faster you go, the more resistance the air causes, meaning you need ALOT more power to overcome it. Going from 6S to 8S just won't pick up 50mph. I'm not even sure the app is accurate yet. I'll be doing some testing to see (I have a radar gun).

I tried putting my XO on the workbench and mashed the throttle. Looking at the readout it said 999mph. I'm pretty sure that's not accurate. Ya, pretty sure.

But I do like RCChopper enthusiasm
Way to school them Tony!

CW formerly of HP in FV says Wazz up!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Maybe it's a stupid question... but why don't they use a Pro10 for speed runs?
Sure you could shoehorn 1/8th running gear into one. Being 2WD might take a bit longer to get up to speed due to less traction, but up high the less moving parts would be a good thing right?
Plus the top ones are extremely fast anyway.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Welp..looks like buddy was just searching for pseudo-praise of his pseudo-accomplishment, and since he can't/won't provide proof, he's run away. As I was reading through this thread, I was wondering when he was either going to (1) provide supporting evidence or (2) turn tail and run, and I'm not surprised that (2) came before (1).
Old 04-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FST4RD
Maybe it's a stupid question... but why don't they use a Pro10 for speed runs?
Sure you could shoehorn 1/8th running gear into one. Being 2WD might take a bit longer to get up to speed due to less traction, but up high the less moving parts would be a good thing right?
Plus the top ones are extremely fast anyway.

stability issues is my bet. Look at the XO-1 and youll see a lot of aero work done to make it stable at high speeds. not saying it cant be done, just that itll take a bit more than big gear and a 10cell pack
Old 04-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kb525
stability issues is my bet. Look at the XO-1 and youll see a lot of aero work done to make it stable at high speeds. not saying it cant be done, just that itll take a bit more than big gear and a 10cell pack
And if it WAS done, and the do-er happened to have a digital cam--as appears to be the case here--why, oh WHY was there no video of the fly-by? Seems a pretty idiot-simple thing to do.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Twism86
Oh this thread is golden! Helps make the work day bearable
X that , makes all those "which tire is best" threads less noticeable. It does make me curious.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think when Im either sick of my pro10 or get another one I might bodge it up with the biggest, fastest 1/8th set up I can find, 2 6c batteries (saddle pack them for balance), find some tyres that won't blow apart and find a nice smooth piece of road
Old 04-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Coelacanth
And if it WAS done, and the do-er happened to have a digital cam--as appears to be the case here--why, oh WHY was there no video of the fly-by? Seems a pretty idiot-simple thing to do.
Most people with a pro10 arent into throwing large globs of cash into something they cant even show off. But again stability at those speeds is something that takes tons of RnD and trials.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm up to 125 klm/hr with my speed runs (78 mph)
Slowly working my way up.

Obviously, I did take video

https://vimeo.com/40335628

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.