R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #61
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusttt View Post
I have the conversion on my car. What is the best combo of all the holders front and rear for say West Coast and how about parking lot?
The supplied hinge blocks are a good starting point Different blocks depends on the different tracks at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguy View Post
I ran this setup last night on carpet, it was very different than my old Exotek '11 version, which I broke running mod..

I was running blinky mode 17.5

Running Jaco blue tires on a high traction track

I had some traction rolling issues running 2deg rear toe, neg 2 camber all around, ran both front and rear RC with 1.5 mm spacers, 50wt oil, 3.4 front spring, heavy sway bar and 1mm spacers in wheel at the front!!

Could it be this car just has too much flex?

Anyone have any suggestions?

I finished 3rd one sec behind 2nd place, top 3 cars on the same lap

Grant
Perhaps 1.5 front camber and you might try slightly narrower rear width. The new XC blocks are in so that you can do that now;
http://www.exotekracing.com/latest-products/

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguy View Post
I ran this setup last night on carpet, it was very different than my old Exotek '11 version, which I broke running mod..

I was running blinky mode 17.5

Running Jaco blue tires on a high traction track

I had some traction rolling issues running 2deg rear toe, neg 2 camber all around, ran both front and rear RC with 1.5 mm spacers, 50wt oil, 3.4 front spring, heavy sway bar and 1mm spacers in wheel at the front!!

Could it be this car just has too much flex?

Anyone have any suggestions?

I finished 3rd one sec behind 2nd place, top 3 cars on the same lap

Grant
You have way to stiff of front springs and you might try narrowing the rear of the car like mike said . What i have found with the softer chassis is you need to go softer on suspension to let the car roll more. Id try 2.6 front 2.4 rear and 35 weight oil all around, then tune with upper camber links.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rumor is the T3 2013 will have similar features. I think I'll wait until then.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
You came on this thread to say that. If you aren't providing feedback, asking for help or providing positive comments please don't post on this thread.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #65
Tech Elite

WHat blocks shuld be used to recreate the kit setup, and what rear blocks are needed to create the 'Hagberg mod' or am I right in thinking you cannot reduce the rear width by 1mm each side?

Thanks
Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #66
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
WHat blocks shuld be used to recreate the kit setup, and what rear blocks are needed to create the 'Hagberg mod' or am I right in thinking you cannot reduce the rear width by 1mm each side?

Thanks
Skiddins
+1 please.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #67
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post

Thanks
Skiddins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post
+1 please.
FF & FR = D
RF = XB
RR = D
Old 07-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #68
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
This is 100% false. I spoke with Martin about it at length when I was in Poland and pitted next to him for 4 days. He said that the sheer cost of machining the alumn pieces are too expensive for their already expensive kit and would drive the cost up even more.

His car he was running there doesnt have anything like this on it and neither do the cars that were ran at the worlds warmup and won it.

If you want Pillow ball the Exotek is the only option and a damn good option for it for the xray. Exotek does great work and I know Mike spends a lot of time testing and developing stuff before release.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #69
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

How could it possibly be more expensive? They already machine toe blocks. Or just make them out of plastic like the shocks and sell aluminum upgrades. It's like a $5 part from everybody but XRay.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #70
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
How could it possibly be more expensive? They already machine toe blocks. Or just make them out of plastic like the shocks and sell aluminum upgrades. It's like a $5 part from everybody but XRay.
You're not factoring in the cost of optimization lol, but I agree the blocks that mount the RC holders couldn't possibly cost much less than a tamiya style block. They already sell those for almost $30 a pop though, so who knows, maybe it's really unubtanioum.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #71
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't doubt he told EA that, but are you sure he didn't lean over and laugh well telling his buddies something in Slovakian right afterwards?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #72
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
You're not factoring in the cost of optimization lol, but I agree the blocks that mount the RC holders couldn't possibly cost much less than a tamiya style block. They already sell those for almost $30 a pop though, so who knows, maybe it's really unubtanioum.
Quote:
Im just posting what I was told. I dont have a clue about manufacturing cost. BUT I do know that the parts made in Taiwan and China are a fraction of the cost of manufacturing them in house in Slovakia. At least right now it is until the Euro falls through the floor then it will be about the same cost probably!

EA
Old 07-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #73
Team EAM

Quote:
I don't doubt he told EA that, but are you sure he didn't lean over and laugh well telling his buddies something in Slovakian right afterwards?
Nope. There werent any other Slovakians around us! LOL He might have lauged his butt off outside but not while in there. He kept a straight face at least

Ive seen True Xray versions like that years ago but they never found them to be enough of an advantage for them to absorb or pass along the expense of it. Im sure they would rather leave it like it is too because if they went to the Tamiya/HB/Yok style thats just more ammo that the Tamiya fan club can throw at them for copying their car.

EA
Old 07-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)
Default rear block problem **help**

Hey all I was just sitting here looking at my car and noticed that the right side has way more toe. Can someone please make sure I am not losing it here? It seems to me that each block should be the exact opposite of the other. These are the only ones I have and what came with the kit. You can see that they are just like esch other but labeled differently. Also I didnt black out the X they came that way. You can see the two pics of mine compared to the one with the white background from the Exotek site. Am I wrong here? On the plus side the car turns left like a dream lol.

I have a race here in SD on Saturday
Attached Thumbnails
Exoteck XR3'12-3.jpg   Exoteck XR3'12-2.jpg   Exoteck XR3'12-1.jpg  
Old 07-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #75
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusttt View Post
Hey all I was just sitting here looking at my car and noticed that the right side has way more toe. Can someone please make sure I am not losing it here? It seems to me that each block should be the exact opposite of the other. These are the only ones I have and what came with the kit. You can see that they are just like esch other but labeled differently. Also I didnt black out the X they came that way. You can see the two pics of mine compared to the one with the white background from the Exotek site. Am I wrong here? On the plus side the car turns left like a dream lol.

I have a race here in SD on Saturday
Hi, Uh oh- looks like you got a mismarked piece. I will be racing in SD this sat. I will bring the correct piece for you.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote