SIM RACER WILL GET LIFETIME CHANCE to race real 2012 IFMAR Worlds 1:10 ISTC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIM RACER WILL GET LIFETIME CHANCE to race real 2012 IFMAR Worlds 1:10 ISTC

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Company Representative

Default SIM RACER WILL GET LIFETIME CHANCE to race real 2012 IFMAR Worlds 1:10 ISTC

RACE 2 THE WORLDS - www.race2theworlds.com

One sim racer will get the chance of a lifetime, a chance to race at the real 2012 IFMAR World Championships!

Virtual Racing Industries in collaboration with IFMAR, proudly presents to you 'Race 2 the Worlds' (R2tW), the ground-breaking competition which will give one VRC Pro sim racer the unique opportunity to race at the real 2012 IFMAR World Championships, The Netherlands, July 26-28th, all expenses paid, all materials and support provided.

Race2theWorlds challenges r/c racers across the world to compete in one long, on-going online event. Qualifying starts on March 9th 2012 and ends on June 16th, after which the top 200 will go to the next round. Anyone can join the event at any time, but in the end only one winner will go to the Netherlands.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

There will be great prizes to win for the finalists and for random contestants who have entered more than 20 results during the R2tW contest.

This will be the first time in r/c racing history that a racer will qualify for an official IFMAR World Championships through a simulator. For this occasion we offer a special Race2theWorlds (R2tW) license, just €9.95. You can race VRC Pro for a whole year with access to all the ‘public’ cars and tracks plus the special R2tW car and the Heemstede 2012 track where the R2tW contest will be raced on. Additional content can be purchased if you want, but is not required.

Already more than 400 racers from all over the world have entered the R2tW contest! So sign up now and start racing.

Go to the website to learn more: http://www.race2theworlds.com/

Last edited by VRC-Pro; 04-20-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Company Representative

What do you guys think of this?
Old 04-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'd laugh if Volker won this
Old 04-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
I'd laugh if Volker won this
Racers with international competition experience are excluded from the R2tW contest.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VRC-Pro
Its a big gamble for VRC,if the driver completely bombs and comes in dead last then it will show how much of a game it is. If he does well then its good for VRC and bad for real RC, Why buy a new rc car when you can just sit at home on a computer.
I dont really care because I dont race any of the classes that are in VRC. Both are completely out of my world of RC.
BUt it could kill off some classes that are tired anyway.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VRC-Pro
This is a great idea! Very similar to GT Academy.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I agree Rick. Really cool idea.

I think it would be even better if the winner is supported by a factory team. Might make for a good sponsor tie-in, hint hint.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:04 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by wingracer
I agree Rick. Really cool idea.

I think it would be even better if the winner is supported by a factory team. Might make for a good sponsor tie-in, hint hint.
In fact, this is the case! The winner will get materials and car setup support / coaching by a factory team.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

If I already have a vrc pro account, can I sign up for this special? (my account is currently expired).
Old 04-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cool idea!

Regards Robert
Old 04-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by MikeXray
If I already have a vrc pro account, can I sign up for this special? (my account is currently expired).
If you had a trial account it's very easy, just go to the www.vrcworld.com, login, visit the eshop and buy the R2tW license. You'll get a full year for 9,95 Euros.

If you had a full account, then you can't buy the special R2tW license, but you can participate by buying 1 month or 3 months subscription. All full members with a valid subscription can participate in R2tW without any extra costs, including the 2012 MACH track which hosts the event.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Old 04-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Why VRC when you already have PS3 gran tourismo5 to play with . The whole point of carpet racing is to get you off the couch , not back on it !!! Vrc should be in the gaming thread.......
Old 04-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Why VRC when you already have PS3 gran tourismo5 to play with . The whole point of carpet racing is to get you off the couch , not back on it !!! Vrc should be in the gaming thread.......
There is actually a strong link between VRC and real RC, and not between RC and GT5.

At the core of VRC Pro is the worlds most accurate and advanced RC racing simulation software, developed over the past 11 years in close cooperation with the industry and intensive testing with top racers.

VRC Pro members are also all RC racers in real life, who are getting effective training out of VRC Pro during the week so their driving in the weekends (or whenever they go out to the track) becomes much more enjoyable and rewarding.

So VRC Pro is not a 'game', it's a widely recognized training tool, a way to build international racing friendships and a great extension of the sport which brings you a true RC racing rush every day of the week.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Why even post this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.