R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-07-2005, 05:45 AM   #121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Those are airplane controllers, you need a car controller to use it in a car. Look at something like the schulze U-force 75 or the 18.97 KW.

http://www.schulze-elektronik-gmbh.de/prs32_e.htm

Or look at this page

http://www.leisurelectronics.com/car%20power.htm
Old 04-10-2005, 06:02 AM   #122
Tech Initiate

g day guys what is the comparison of the novak 5800 compared to brushed motors?????
im putting this into my evader stadiumn truck what sort of gearing would you recommend for this application
i know this is on road but
im sure you guys can help
thanks!!!
wingspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:21 AM   #123
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tried 6.50 gear ratio with SS5800+415 today. The top speed does faster than 6.69 and 6.89 but suffer corner speed. Seems gear ratio between 6.69 and 6.89 is best fit for my track. Gonna try 6.76 next week...

Still the speed is only about the same with 23T. Anyone know if that's normal since I heard the speed should be close to 19T.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:05 AM   #124
Tech Initiate

when i put the my novak 5800 in my evader what sort of gears should i run i am ratio retarded so
maybe 17 tooth with 88 spur
how does the math work out on this for ratio ????
would this ratio be about right for my evader ?????
sorry guys new to this sheeeite!
wingspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:08 AM   #125
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by wingspan
when i put the my novak 5800 in my evader what sort of gears should i run i am ratio retarded so
maybe 17 tooth with 88 spur
how does the math work out on this for ratio ????
would this ratio be about right for my evader ?????
sorry guys new to this sheeeite!
Gear ratio = ( spur / pinon ) x internal ratio
For my TRF415, it likes: (104/33)x2.187=6.892
You need to check your Evader's manual to see what internal ratio it has.

Btw, I don't think 6.69~6.89 will work on off-road car. Someone else might got a better answer on this.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:23 AM   #126
Tech Apprentice

Default Help!!!

Got a 2nd hand schulze 58ce + LMT 4200 basic, plug into my car using KO helios running on 27mhz. The led on schulze in lighted, steering servo is working but motor wouldn't turn. Is there any initial setting I need to do? Read the instructions but still blur.
ah_liang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 12:30 PM   #127
Tech Initiate

I just finished assemblying my TC4. I want to install a Novak 5800 brushless in it. I don't intend to race it but I will be running it at SoCal in Huntington Beach. I've be mainly running off-road so this is my first real on-road car (have a M18 but run it mostly on RCP tracks) to be run on a real track. What starter adjustments should I set the ESC at? What would be a good starter pinion gear to start with?
alanfujii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:58 AM   #128
Tech Initiate

Okay maybe if I rephase my question.

I'm installing a Novak 5800 in my TC4. I have no experience on on-road and 4 month experience on off-road. Where I'm at on off-road is I was getting pretty good with my stock T4 so I just installed a 12T motor with a 14/87 for a final 14.5:1 ratio. It's a bit hot for me to handle but probably good since I know I need to play with my car setup to make improvements and of course practice more. My goal on off-road is to get a little better then start racing with my stock T4.

My goal with the TC4 - Not racing! tooooo scary... To have a good reasonable car that I can learn on driving mainly at SoCal in Huntington Beach. My limited understanding is that SoCal's track would be considered a low/medium traction surface with a fair amount of tight turns.

That being said I have been reading the forums looking for a proper gear setup. I have seen the high end recommendations of 7.3/7.5:1 final gear ratio but I'm no where near ready to handle the high end edge. I just want to know what would be a decent starting point for me. I'm also worried about under gearing and these clogging issues. A little help would be appreciated.
alanfujii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:42 AM   #129
Exe
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Exe Send a message via Yahoo to Exe

Quote:
Originally posted by alanfujii
Okay maybe if I rephase my question.

I'm installing a Novak 5800 in my TC4. I have no experience on on-road and 4 month experience on off-road. Where I'm at on off-road is I was getting pretty good with my stock T4 so I just installed a 12T motor with a 14/87 for a final 14.5:1 ratio. It's a bit hot for me to handle but probably good since I know I need to play with my car setup to make improvements and of course practice more. My goal on off-road is to get a little better then start racing with my stock T4.

My goal with the TC4 - Not racing! tooooo scary... To have a good reasonable car that I can learn on driving mainly at SoCal in Huntington Beach. My limited understanding is that SoCal's track would be considered a low/medium traction surface with a fair amount of tight turns.

That being said I have been reading the forums looking for a proper gear setup. I have seen the high end recommendations of 7.3/7.5:1 final gear ratio but I'm no where near ready to handle the high end edge. I just want to know what would be a decent starting point for me. I'm also worried about under gearing and these clogging issues. A little help would be appreciated.
that's right. go for something about 7.5, it's not really that fast... just start slowly and you will se that that everything is fine. going over 7.5 will surely overheat the esc and it will just turn off because of temp. no worries dude, novak isn't fast
Exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #130
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

With a 7.5:1 ratio you should be good to go. The novak isn't that scarry, kind of like a 12 turn brushed. It does have more torque. If you want to drive something scarry, get a hacker c40-7t or a plettenberg shadow. They are like driving 7 and 8 turn brushed mods.

the novak system doesn't have cogging issues. this only happends to sensorless systems. it happends when the controller is still learing the position of the rotor in a sensorless setup. if you novak ever does cogg or stutter off the line, most likely one of the sensor wires isn't making good contact.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #131
Tech Adept

Default run time?

with a brushless system (e.g novak) what should be the normal runtime?I know this would very depending on the track but id like to know what peeps here are getting around there tracks? Thanks.....
alltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:38 PM   #132
Tech Regular

Smile Run Time ?

What are you running ? On-Road, or Off-Road. I have two systems. One in a Tamiya EVO4, and One in a Losi BK2.
jw92656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #133
Tech Adept

Default runtime

on road...im thinking of getting into brushless just dont knoe much about them...ive run nitro fro over a year now and was thinking of getting into electric classes out at the track...the brushless seems to be the way to go at least for maintaince wise.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:48 PM   #134
Tech Regular

Smile Brushless

I got mine prior to getting hooked on racing. On Road I am getting about 10+ minutes, and Off Road 15 max. I am using 3300, and 3600 Unmatched GP Batteries. If you plan on racing gear your car really low. The current brushless systems offer no drag brake, so down the straights you'll hang with a 12 turn, but they will apex much quicker than you. It the only thing that sucks about brushless.
jw92656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:55 PM   #135
Tech Adept

Default brushless

thats sounds awsome....ive got some matched cells i bought hurricane motersprts version gp 3300 the only problem is that when i charge them the onlycharge half way and i dont understand why? I have a Mrc superbrain 959 set at 4.5 amp an 40 Mv i dont get it...i hope these will be good enought for the brushless?