Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-07-2005, 10:01 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H

WOO HOO!
Old 03-07-2005, 10:09 PM   #47
Tech Initiate

i spoke with RC10 and they told me that it should arrive in america sometime in late april. They said its coming april 20 and will arrive in the stores late late april. also horizon hobby has it listed as mid april but will be delayed a few day.
Totalfixation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 11:01 PM   #48
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Re: When will LRP sphere come out?!?!!?

Quote:
Originally posted by loosenut
Does anyone here have any lead on wtf is going on with teh LRP sphere system? It's been advertised for a while now..when will it hit the shelves?

I've have a U-force 75 and Plettenberg shadow on order but I'm waiting for i-care to restock them so I still have some time to cancel and get the LRP...

given a choice - would you choose the SPHERE over the U-force 75? I guess it's not a good comparison since the U-force is way more expensive than the LRP controller..hehe...

G
U-force will give you a bigger option in running any type of sensorless motor. I have been running a uforce with a 6 turn hacker and is just so fast. An LRP is smaller in size but only has one motor (Novak might fit) and is not a quick as a 6 turn hacker.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:27 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

They advertise that many motors will fit but that they might not be able to handle it - or is it the other way around, that the Reedy motor can go on other ESCs but that they may not be able to handle IT. . . ?
Old 03-08-2005, 02:36 PM   #50
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
They advertise that many motors will fit but that they might not be able to handle it - or is it the other way around, that the Reedy motor can go on other ESCs but that they may not be able to handle IT. . . ?
I think only motors that might fit will be the novak range so still might be good once the new novak motor is out, but not sure how the sphere can handle a quicker motor. I too can wait to fine out if this will work.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:40 PM   #51
Tech Initiate

When i spoke with RC10 they said that if you run a sphere and a novak motor, it will work, but if you run a novak esc with a reedy neo, it will over heat the esc. They said its equal close to a 9 turn motor on a sphere, neo system.
Totalfixation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:50 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

Don't know what sorts of applications you guys have in mind...but for sedan mod, a 9t equivalent motor (like the neo) is sufficient for me. I'd can't imagine going any lower and the extra speed gained by a faster setup would be an over kill on racing situation unless you are running on a huge track. So which other motors will be compatible with the sphere is irrelevant to me personally.

I was going with the u-force 75 / shadow setup but it's just damn too expensive! Also, the u-force 75 is so big! It's hard to fit that thing on a narrow chasis like the evo IV. So I've decided to wait for the sphere/neo combo. Plus I can rest assured that I'll get the great support that comes with associated/lrp.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #53
Tech Champion

Quote:
Don't know what sorts of applications you guys have in mind...but for sedan mod, a 9t equivalent motor (like the neo) is sufficient for me. I'd can't imagine going any lower and the extra speed gained by a faster setup would be an over kill on racing situation unless you are running on a huge track. So which other motors will be compatible with the sphere is irrelevant to me personally.

I was going with the u-force 75 / shadow setup but it's just damn too expensive! Also, the u-force 75 is so big! It's hard to fit that thing on a narrow chasis like the evo IV. So I've decided to wait for the sphere/neo combo. Plus I can rest assured that I'll get the great support that comes with associated/lrp.
I have been running brushless for a year now on the same track and can tell you that a 7 turn brushed motor will still be quicker against a 6 turn hacker. So a neo motor won't be sufficient against a 7 or even an 8 turn brushed motor. Hopefully the new Novak motor can be closer, but then again this will depend alot on driving and how big the track is. Just my opinion.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:07 PM   #54
Exe
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Exe Send a message via Yahoo to Exe

Quote:
I own both the novak and the schulze/pletty and the novak dosn't even come close to being the same. Novak's numbers are measured a little bit differently than everybody elses. My Lehner 4200 can easily beat a novak 5800. I had video proof until rcpics deleted my video. I will have to repost is somewhere else. Basically the difference is that novak measures their Kv (RPM/V) with the motor unloaded. Many of the other manufacturers list their Kv at rated continuous current. When I get the time I will test the novak at work and find out what it's RPM is at different loading levels (10A, 15A, 20A, etc ..). I will run the same test on my other systems and then I will have an equal ground for comparison. Another difference is the power rating on the controllers. The u-force is good for 75 amps and the novak is good for 225/pack voltage. So at 7.2 volts the novak controller is good for 31.25 amps. Since torque is based on Amps (In-Oz/Amp) the higher current capability will allow a motor to put out more torque and just plain more power (P=I*V). There is also a factor of 6 is the on resistance (the novak has 6 times more resistance per phase). The novak is cheaper, but it is definately not equal to a Schulze/Pletty.
quote from another topic... seems like novak is really only a toy, also novak's esc is crappy, cannot handle lower gear ratios, starts overheating immediately and shuts off.... ;/
Exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 07:34 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Anyone know where you can read about...

the new Novak brushless? Will it be a 12 turn? It sucks that Novak can't get their speedos smaller. I would love to see a smaller, more tunable, brushless speedo that has a 27, 19, 12 turn mode all in one. A new person could start slower and work there way up the classes.

That's crazy using a 6,7,8,9, turn motors. Mod sucks, I break too much stuff. Brushless companies do need to start getting somewhat uniform in their design specs. Otherwise we will never see a solid brushless class. My 2-cents.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 02:10 AM   #56
Exe
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Exe Send a message via Yahoo to Exe
Default Re: Anyone know where you can read about...

Quote:
Originally posted by RCknight
the new Novak brushless? Will it be a 12 turn? It sucks that Novak can't get their speedos smaller. I would love to see a smaller, more tunable, brushless speedo that has a 27, 19, 12 turn mode all in one. A new person could start slower and work there way up the classes.

That's crazy using a 6,7,8,9, turn motors. Mod sucks, I break too much stuff. Brushless companies do need to start getting somewhat uniform in their design specs. Otherwise we will never see a solid brushless class. My 2-cents.
on Novak you can limit brushless to 27000rpm, pretty much like stock motor racing as i know Novak won't be releasing any new motors soon...
Exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:04 AM   #57
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by danjoy25
I have been running brushless for a year now on the same track and can tell you that a 7 turn brushed motor will still be quicker against a 6 turn hacker. So a neo motor won't be sufficient against a 7 or even an 8 turn brushed motor. Hopefully the new Novak motor can be closer, but then again this will depend alot on driving and how big the track is. Just my opinion.
My local track SUPPOSELY only allow down to 10 T motors in mod races. So for me neo may be sufficient...also it's a medium sized track with a not so long straight. Hey have you had any probs with breaking rods and gears due to the extreme high power brushless setup you are using? Also just approximately how big is the U-force 75? It looks big in the pictures...but I"m not sure...

G
Old 03-10-2005, 09:55 AM   #58
Tech Fanatic

Hey u guys, now with the new roar rules...what would be a legal -competitive brushless motor on the market?

Competitive = able to keep up with brushed motors in a sedan mod class.

G
Old 03-10-2005, 02:22 PM   #59
Tech Champion

Quote:
My local track SUPPOSELY only allow down to 10 T motors in mod races. So for me neo may be sufficient...also it's a medium sized track with a not so long straight. Hey have you had any probs with breaking rods and gears due to the extreme high power brushless setup you are using? Also just approximately how big is the U-force 75? It looks big in the pictures...but I"m not sure...

G

Never broke anything with this setup, I have use this on a black SD, CGM, T1FK and now the RDX. Its close to a very good 8 turn brushed but can handle upto 12 cells (70 mph) for drag applications. http://rctech.net/forum/attachment.p...postid=1430220
Old 03-10-2005, 04:18 PM   #60
Tech Fanatic

Is the hacker 6 4-pole or 2 pole? I wonder if it's roar legal....

Which one is the hacker 6 on this list from i-care

http://www.icare-rc.com/hacker.htm

G