R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-04-2005, 12:24 PM   #31

nope no problems..one extra cell will give ya some boost at the last straight-away at the end!!!

Last edited by RC Buddah; 02-04-2005 at 10:59 PM.
RC Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 12:31 PM   #32
Tech Adept

im in the market for a brushless system my self does anyone here have one they would want to part with lmk
thanks kevin
ralphee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 08:25 AM   #33

if your looking for a brushless...why buy a used one...just buy a new one....theres taht new HV-MAX they have. for running extra batts...but i guess thats for t-maxx's...so maybe u can think aobut that or just the Novak SS 5800 or watever company taht is making a brushless out there! start loooking!!
RC Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #34
Tech Adept

I am trying to find some parity amongst the different brands of brushless motors. Is there a universal standard? Or better yet, has anyone compiled a list of competitive level brushless motors (for RC Car applications of course) and their affiliated outputs? e.g. The Novak system seems to comform to a rating (i.e. 5800kt/kvs, etc.) while the other manufacturers don't seem to have this information. How does one compare apples when considering a Hacker, Plettenberg, and or other manufacturers product?

Cheers.
kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:21 AM   #35
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Besercoe
Thomas, give up the yanks wont get anything that isnt, american made, has a masive advertising budget, or not roar approved.
You know, I think it's weird. If Novak spends so much money on advertising why is the Hacker so much more expensive? I'd like Hacker but it's out of my financial reach. And what Hacker fits in my sedan? I'm confused too.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:17 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H

remember...it might be expensive now...but with a regular motor...u need lathe..brushes..etc etc..and u change ur brushes about every 1-2 weeks....imagine how much youhave spent already..so yeh...brushless u dont need any of dat. so think about it...start a money pit or something! lolz. (this is rc buddah..the one that started the thread...but i changed my name)
Old 02-12-2005, 03:33 AM   #37
Tech Master

Hi guys

What would you say is the best brushless system at the moment?

Need some advice as to what to get

Thanks
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:17 AM   #38
Tech Elite

i have a novak SS 5800 and it is great...but i bought that like last year...so iono about the coming brushless systems that are coming in....look at the hacker, the trinity neon..(not sure when its coming out), and dont forget novak.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:19 AM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IFMAR's burshless motor rule:

BRUSHLESS MOTORS:

General definition of a Brushless Motor:

a) Sensored or sensorless motors are allowed.

b) The motor has to be rebuildable. Ball bearings are allowed.

c) If the motor is sensored:

- It must use a six position JST ZH connector model number ZHR-6 or equivalent connector with 6 JST part number SZH-002T-P0.5 26-28 awg contacts or equivalent.

Wire sequence must be as follows:
Pin #1 - Black wire ground potential
Pin #2 - orange wire phase C
Pin #3 - white wire phase B
Pin #4 - green wire phase A
Pin #5 - blue wire temp control, 10 k Thermistor referenced to ground potential
Pin #6 - red wire + 5.0 volts d.c. +/- 10%.
Compatible speed control must use the 6 position JST header part number X-6B-ZR-SMX-TF (where the X denotes the style of the header), or equivalent.

- The power connector has to be clearly marked A, B, C.
A for phase A
B for phase B
C for phase C

d) `05` size specifications
Can:
Overall maximum diameter is 36.02mm measured at whatever point yields the maximum dimension, excluding solder tabs or lead wires. Overall minimum diameter is 34.00mm measured at whatever point yields the minimum dimension, excluding solder tabs or lead wires. Maximum length is 53.00mm measured from the mounting face of the motor to the furthest most point of the end bell, not including solder tabs, lead wires or original manufacturer’s logo or name. Minimum length is 50.00mm measured from the mounting face of the motor to the furthest most point of the end bell, not including solder tabs, lead wires or original manufacturer’s logo or name. Motor mounting holes must be on 1.00- inch (25.40mm) centres.

Does any one know if Novak SS5800 motor fit the rule? How about SS4300 motor?

I see no size data on Novak webpage. I'm kind worry about the IFMAR rules since there is no data show if Novak SS4300/5800 fit the new rule.
--
updated: I found the size info on PDF file, SS4300/5800 size fit the IFMAR rule. But how about sensor wire?
--
updated2: found another PDF file shows the sensor wire in correct color sequence (Black;orange;white;green;blue;red), but still no data shows if the single is in correct sequence. So does the power line.

Last edited by ttso; 02-13-2005 at 08:27 AM.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:38 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am pretty sure that the novak meets that requirement. The rules were basically written while looking at the ss5800 setup.

Quote:
What would you say is the best brushless system at the moment?
Depends on what you application you are looking at. The novak is good and reliable, but not the most powerful or fastest in the world. I persoanally like the Schulze U-force 75 for a controller, and the Plettenberg Shadow for a motor. This is a pretty hot setup for sedan use and offroad use if you are careful. for offroad people seem to like the Plettenberg Extreme, the Lehner Basic 4200 and 5300, Hacker C40-8s or 10s, the Feigao 540-8s, and some others too.
In my offroad stuff I run a lehner basic 4200 and the Schulze U-force 75.

The novak has really good customer service and is a good place to start with brushless.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:32 PM   #41
Tech Elite

...im bored, no oen posts here anymore, hmmmm so, how fast do ur guys' BL go? mine goes like 60-65 mph
Old 02-23-2005, 12:03 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut
Default When will LRP sphere come out?!?!!?

Does anyone here have any lead on wtf is going on with teh LRP sphere system? It's been advertised for a while now..when will it hit the shelves?

I've have a U-force 75 and Plettenberg shadow on order but I'm waiting for i-care to restock them so I still have some time to cancel and get the LRP...

given a choice - would you choose the SPHERE over the U-force 75? I guess it's not a good comparison since the U-force is way more expensive than the LRP controller..hehe...

G
Old 02-23-2005, 02:00 PM   #43
Tech Rookie

Default Re: When will LRP sphere come out?!?!!?

Quote:
Originally posted by loosenut
Does anyone here have any lead on wtf is going on with teh LRP sphere system? It's been advertised for a while now..when will it hit the shelves?

G
According to Reto Koenig, LRP target March release. Although Tower Hobbies are still showing 'order pending' on their new products page - so don't hold your breath. Think it'll be worth waiting for though.
urbanfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:32 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Novak ss programable brushless is coming out. It is compatable with brushed down to 12 turns. Check it out.
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:35 PM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to loosenut

From LRP forum.....

"We still try to reach the promised "March release" for the Sphere! Obviously it's going to be end of the month and could be delayed by a few days as well, but we're in the VERY final stages..."

--
LRP electronic GmbH