R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-30-2005, 10:35 PM   #16

haev any of u guyz had problems with ur motor yet? i havent....i have a Novak SS brushless..its great
RC Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:00 PM   #17

O_O not alot of people on this forum run brushless do they..
Old 01-31-2005, 11:56 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

well ive heard a lot of people say they are to exspensive, even though i dont have one, I would have to disagree. when you think about it, a good mod motor cost about 60 bux, then a good esc can cost well over a 100, and a good brushless system being at a couple hundred which comes with the motor and esc, and you dont have to worry about changing brushes or cutting comms, seems like a good deal actually. wow...i may have to get one in the near future now
RCNitroDude999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:25 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by kaizen
I am actually holiding off a move to Mod until a fast, quality, reliable, mainstream brushless system comes out...e.g. Reedy's Neo....and the possibilities in 1/12th scale!!!

what are you talking about they are already out!

get a 6Turn hacker brushless with a u force 75 speedy. done!
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:58 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
what kind of batteries have to be used with brushless systems?
Descent 3300's work great. I have used just about everything including 1400 SCR's and they work good too..... just not for very long on a charge. Some of the more insane setups that I have seen run LiPoly, but that isn't necessary to get good performance.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:10 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
what are you talking about they are already out!

get a 6Turn hacker brushless with a u force 75 speedy. done!
Yeah, have been checking that out...pretty cool stuff.

How is the Hacker system? Specifically the C40 6-10 turn motors. Why not run Hacker's Competition Controller?
kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thomas, give up the yanks wont get anything that isnt, american made, has a masive advertising budget, or not roar approved.

The C40 motor line is great, i have yet to try or witness anything better, i had the hacker comp and it is a bullet proof speedie, while the u force is a bit smoother and more easily adjustable, but has less amp capability than the hacker. most important thing i have found, is to add a fair amount of negative exponential into the throttle curve, and it will feel much like a conventional brushed motor without all the hassle that goes along with normal mod.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:32 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
The C40 motor line is great, i have yet to try or witness anything better
I have found the Plettenberg Shadow to be very impressive. 1-turn, 4pole, very fast yet still has torque.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:49 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by kaizen
Yeah, have been checking that out...pretty cool stuff.

How is the Hacker system? Specifically the C40 6-10 turn motors. Why not run Hacker's Competition Controller?
yeah like Besercoe has said. he has raced more motor and esc combos than me.

i used a comp version hacker (the old large cluncky version) with the motor previous to the u force. i found little difference between the uforce and old hacker comp esc.

only diff was that the u force was smoother from idle (didn't have dead spot) and is nice and small. i also like the plug system they use fro the esc cables.

hacker has a version 2 comp speedy which is infact smaller than the u force ( only a little bit) and has the programability of the uforce. the hacker can't be as finely tuned as the u force 75 though (ie the hacker version 2 only has low med high settings as the u force has 0 to 100% setting type system).

i got into electric due to brushless. if it wasn't because of them being available i would of never tryed it.

trust me 6 turn hacker with a u force 75 it is balistic. i have had the motor for 2 and a bit years now i think... just block up all the holes (including the cable exit holes, use silicone) and the thing will be as new for ever. trust me the bearings will seaze before the motor breaks
ps; no bearing issues as of yet either.

they are also easy to maintain. pull apart, clean with metho, and re oil bearings. done.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:52 PM   #25
Tech Elite

also i doubt very much that the reedy will be as quick as the hackers or other german products. i recon it will be a quickish novak type product with a pritty little esc for looks, but a motor that isn't as punchy or "has as much top end as the hacker.

they'll prob release it like this so they can then release quicker versions.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:47 PM   #26

yeh....but i still hope brushless will pick up more this year...not alot of brushless people i see around.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:49 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
also i doubt very much that the reedy will be as quick as the hackers or other german products. i recon it will be a quickish novak type product with a pritty little esc for looks, but a motor that isn't as punchy or "has as much top end as the hacker.

they'll prob release it like this so they can then release quicker versions.
hmm...

Last edited by kaizen; 02-07-2005 at 06:56 PM.
kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:47 AM   #28

anyone that is from SO-CAL and runs at SO-CAL Raceway what spur gear and pinion i should run for my Novak Brushless SS 5800????
Old 02-04-2005, 08:46 AM   #29
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Claydoh

We are going to have a brushless truck class this summer at our track. I've run a Novak 5800 before in my sedan it was a solid performer. No need to mess with the motor just tune the setup and change packs, it was great for a lazy guy like me. When somebody says they are expensive, make sure you add the cost of a lathe to the pile of brushed stuff they will need versus the BL system.
Claydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A bunch of us just decided to start running touring cars this winter after being nitro dirt jockey's for too long. We are having a blast! There are 8 XXX-S's and a couple other cars. 7 of the 8 are running Novak 5800's. I am running one in my Xray T1 and took 2nd overall this week, very happy.

Any of you running 7 cells? I was thinking of assembling a 7 cell 3300 pack just to get a little edge on the other guys as we don't really have any rules. Forsee and problems with that?
NinjaViper is offline   Reply With Quote