R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
Is it that hard to mark the rims? Answer NO we mark our TC tires for our ROAR santioned series at each race. Been doing that for years. And when we get our GQ tires we'll do the same. Do you know how easy it is to make fake spec tires-simple with purple or yellow stripes!If I wanted to cheat I could but I don't!
Most racers can't source different colored foam. The stripe prevents potential remounts for most. The best way to truly handle that is to require that tires be purchased and tech'd at each event.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:41 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

First of all if you can get the colored foam anywhere ! And we do just that- tires are marked at each race.If someone wants to cheat you can't stop them!
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.

Last edited by BullFrog; 10-11-2012 at 02:53 AM.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

I know this sucks and I initially was involved between ROAR and Jaco but quickly stepped aside. Because of that I don't know where the finial discussion ended. Maybe some one from Jaco could fill us in.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why is this even being discussed? Most events chose one spec tire based on event sponsorship and you purchase your tires at the event.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #20
Tech Elite

It's discussed because someone got some of the same tires overseas and they were not marked.The USA version has a purple dot with an L- I've told and will see very soon. As for the stripes in the tires like I said it's "EASY" to do and getting the rubber is easy as it is sold anywhere.Remounts I've been doing since I started racing .Like I said if someone wants to cheat they will.
If you follow ROAR you can use whatever spec tires you like for racing.If you don't like the way they are marked remark them. Our series has been marking tires for years.We started the spec tire thing (Florida State Electric On Road Series-32years ROAR santioned). I still have one of the orginal spec tires (Grey).
I'll have more to say after my package arrives.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Do you know how easy it is to make fake spec tires-simple with purple or yellow stripes!If I wanted to cheat I could but I don't!
Quote:
As for the stripes in the tires like I said it's "EASY" to do and getting the rubber is easy as it is sold anywhere.
Bullfrog, I have a $100 dollars that says you can't. Put your name on it and do it. I bet you can not take another foam compound, Pink and mount a color stripe in it.

As for the GQ spec wgt tires I have some serious reservations that it's the same lilac/team purple foam JACO, BSR, CRC, and TM use.

Monti

Last edited by Monti; 10-11-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #22
Tech Elite

You would loose your bet Monti !
I've been remounting tires since 1980's.I've got the purple and yellow foams at the house. As I said you can find it anywhere without much effort.I could take any tire and make it a spec foam. The only way is to mark the rims at the race site. They mark the motors for tech don't they (at least at the races I've gone to).
I've making special tires for my friends in a special class for the last several months.Because someone showed up with a tire nobody else could get.It was not against the rules but gave the two racers and unfair advantage. Now everyone has a special tire and the two have not been in the winners circles since.I'm making the last batch now.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
You would loose your bet Monti !
I've been remounting tires since 1980's.I've got the purple and yellow foams at the house. As I said you can find it anywhere without much effort.I could take any tire and make it a spec foam. The only way is to mark the rims at the race site. They mark the motors for tech don't they (at least at the races I've gone to).
I've making special tires for my friends in a special class for the last several months.Because someone showed up with a tire nobody else could get.It was not against the rules but gave the two racers and unfair advantage. Now everyone has a special tire and the two have not been in the winners circles since.I'm making the last batch now.
Ok then do it! It a free $100 for you. Post a pic when you are done and if looks so good it would pass tech I'll send you $100! I am sure we can find a third party to even judge.

Monti
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I wouldn't mind seeing a photo of this myself.
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #25
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monti View Post
Ok then do it! It a free $100 for you. Post a pic when you are done and if looks so good it would pass tech I'll send you $100! I am sure we can find a third party to even judge.

Monti
This is really easy to do. The colored foam is available in craft stores for scrap booking. Anyone that has been racing for a while and has mounted his own foams could do this and make them look perfectly production. I used to mount my own foams years ago in 1/12th before the prices dropped. The only difference between mine and productions tires is that my tires almost never chunk or lift at the edge of the rim since I use more CA than the production machines.

I have never made cheater WGT tires and I never will. I love how long the Lilac foam lasts on carpet and you can tune the cars to have all the steering and grip you could ever need so there is no need.

99% of the time the guys that cheat are terrible drivers or their cars are poorly setup so any advantage they get is useless. The fastest drivers usually are adamant about following rules even when they don't have to as they are always preparing for big races where their cars will be tech'd.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #26
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
The best way to truly handle that is to require that tires be purchased and tech'd at each event.
+1
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I can't wait until I'm old enough to retire. Then I can be a full time PIA like Bill.

I agree, buy the tires at the event. Problem solved.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Please show Bullfrog some respect guys. He is a very knowledgeable racer and a former ROAR officer.
I have mounted foams in the past and what he says can be done but it is a PIA. But if someone really wanted to cheat they probably would take the time.

+1 to buying the spec tire at the event and also at your club level run what you want.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Thank you Mick and Adrian.I know how to do it but I won't. I've got the foam at the house because someone told me about it. I could in about 5 minute make any tire into a spec tire. But It's really not needed. All that has to be done is have them marked and handed out at the race.Since Adrian already said one place to get the foam- Try WalMart-Dollar General and any craft supply. A pack of multi color pieces cost me a buck.
Since that's what we are going to do when the tires come to my front door(hand them out to the racers in our series).I'm looking forward to getting these tires and having fun racing WGT.I was prepaired for the yellow rims (It would match my present paint scheme). But the black rim will do just fine.
Rick I'll see you at the Birds this year again. I'm not 100% retired yet. Just off Thursday and Fridays.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Why dont you guys leave the thread alone and start a new thread about knowing how to make cheater tires somewhere else. You're flooding this thread with Crap!

MRH: Congrats on the new Tire. Good to see some more options out there.

Jerry

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote