Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More money = champion ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Default More money = champion ?

More money = champion ? Is this always the case ? expensive car, expensive ESC, expensive battery and charger system, and so on ?
Old 10-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if your talking about big races like the worlds then im guessing sometimes, but if your talking about like state races, its not always the case. Halfway decent things will get you where you want to go too
Old 10-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Didn't we go through this once already????

You need money to buy your equipment... Practice... Race.... More equipment... More practice... More racing.... Money to afford you the opportunity to travel to race and practice.....
Old 10-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

national races then no..because most of the top national drivers get their stuff for free anyway

regional level then yeah (i guess this is the same as your state races or what ever) because not all top regional racers are sponsored...a lot are self funded so have to buy their own equipment.

it sounds weird but the more important the race then the less money the top drivers have to pay if you get what i mean because at nationals etc most, if not all of the top 2 finals will be sponsored (the drivers) so they don't have to lay out a penny..but top 2 finals at regional level then they do.

if your talking about drivers having to lay out more money then this is the case..but if your talking about the price of equipment (not nessecarily what the driver pays) then this isn't the case...if this is what your talking about then generally you see better racers with better equipment.

hope it made sense
Old 10-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Mo`money, mo`problems
Old 10-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

i love beating guys who spend heaps more money than me.some racers have lots of money but zero skill.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default More Money

Given the same driving skill, the driver with more money will win.

Praticing cost a lot of money when it comes to tires and batteries.

More money allows a driver to buy different types of chassis, do testing, and find the fastest one for his driving style.

Also happens in real F1. Budget of Ferrari is much bigger than most teams.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

i say it can and it cant........i beat people with expensive cars/batteries/motors/chargers/etc on a reguler basis

this is how it is

me
:futaba 3pk[thats an exeption]
:xray T1R
:novak dually
:hitec digital servo
:shit $60 charger
:unmatched epic monster metal cells
:chunked tires
:no com lathe=com goes un skimed for 3 race meets+old brushes

other racers
:futaba 3pk
:xray T1FK
:novak gt7/lrp qc2....etc
:$200+ servos
:lrp pulsar/eagle cdc/novak milleniem
:matched expensive cells
erfect unchunked tires
:hudy com lathe=com dun every race meet+new brushes
Old 10-23-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Adept

I'm agree with RVING-MONKEY, at a National, Euro and World class, money is not a matter because the up to Top 30 are often a A or B racer.... So they spend nothing or maybe only 10%.....

But at a regional or even Occasional championships, Money is the best you can have, because to get enought skill and enter in a A ,you need to practice every w-end and on a full basis of 5 hours.... But as many of us said, it cost a lot to practice,...

Anyway, you can have the $$$$$$ and alll your new stuff but without good skill i can still beat you with my TA02 WR...LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 10-23-2004, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Once u own race level gear its not about money:

-Chassis we can all have a pro car(keeping it tuned is key and clean)
-Radio 3PK is nice but not at all nessasary so any futaba FM radio is going to win national and club races.
-Charger yes the T35s are the shiat. But fact is you can still charge your batteries for club and national level with a quality lower priced charger(millenium,pulsar,quasar) The few times i made it to US CHAMPS in cleveland they guys came down with already charged batteries and only a few where peaking at the driver stand and they did it with small chargers not one t35 was to found in the ball room area.
-ESC locally i find it so funny that guys flip ESC about as often as motors. Going from one pro esc to the next generation of pro ESC is not a huge gain in performance. ITs probably not even 1-2% better.

RACING cost come down to batteries,motors and tires. For club racing it should not cost as much as most spend. Guys are siked out most of the time and spend more then nessasry..

At cleveland a few years back a friend of mine showed up with last years foams still on his 12th scale. He annually makes the A-main in stock 12th and touring and has won both championships. He got one fresh pack for the entire weekend along with his old tires and last years chassis and won. It comes down to something you cannot buy............. SKILLZZZZs
Old 10-23-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

awwwwwww i was hoping to find sum used SKILLZZZZ on ebay
Old 10-23-2004, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

It comes down to something you cannot buy............. SKILLZZZZs
Unless you can practice for free, you are buying that too..... It's tough to practice in a parking lot to run on ozite.....
Old 10-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

luckily our club sells monthly unlimite practice passes for 20-25$.

The one joy of having a 100% owned and operated indoor club by its members.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by 414play
i love beating guys who spend heaps more money than me.some racers have lots of money but zero skill.
Thats always fun. Even funnier when their egos are bigger than their wallets

Ironically enough I drive a 414 too
Old 10-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

you can get cheap quality equiptment from $ guys who sell thier bling cheap to up grade bigger and better bling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.