R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-30-2006, 02:05 PM   #121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Can't wait to try this monster out soon.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:05 PM   #122
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to the pig

team max racing welcomes our new denver, coloraldo team drivers. introduce yourselves when you have a chance and we all need to get together at the big races coming up.

Last edited by the pig; 01-30-2006 at 08:31 PM.
the pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:07 PM   #123
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

looking for people to form team max racing units all over the usa. find a few friends and together you are a grass roots team and i will sponsor your unit. if interested you can apply at [email protected].( attn t-bone!)
Old 01-30-2006, 11:38 PM   #124
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default South Africa

Hi, i've just been reading your thread and i must say that the MX-707R looks great and that price looks very good.
I'm from South Africa and racing out here can be costly mainly because of high exchange rates, it costs us around SA R3000 - R4000 for a good competion rolling chassis, thats between US $ 480 - 650.
Do you or can you export to South Africa, i think kit like that would really get some attention and with a low price could encourage a lot of new guys to make the transition to racing.
Teddygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:43 PM   #125
Tech Regular

no need to export. we (www.airborne-models.com) are on this side of the world and our other company www.worldmodels.com is on that side. if you need contact me at 916-801-8757 i can explain in detail. thank you for the respones everyone. this is a car that can run asphalt as well as the carpet with 2 uppr decks to stiffen the car alot. parts are interchangable with several other compaies products helping all around sales for everyone in the industry.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:08 PM   #126
Tech Apprentice

took the car out for its first run on wed 2-1-06. the car handled well and i must say that im pleasantly surprised at overall performance. i got 3rd place in stock class and thats after not racing at all in about 4 months and showing up at the track only an hour before the first race. However i do have a few suggestions for anyone with this car:

1. get a wider aftermarket front bumper. the one in the kit is a little too narrow and if you cut a corner too tight the front bumper doesnt protect the outer components of the front suspension. i broke 2 c hubs due to turning too tight and hitting the corner (my own fault).

2. BUY EXTRA C-HUBS!

3. use tamiya sedan springs they fit PERFECTLY. i bought a set of four different pairs (8 springs) for only 16 bucks .

4. put a (1) drop of CA glue on the plastic rings that go around the outdrives this will keep the rings from moving which reduces flex in the outdrive cups, which will in turn increase drivetrain effeciency. and it still can be removed if necessary (it's just a little harder to remove)

Thats about all of the suggestions i have for now, i'll post a setup once i have one that is to my liking. it'll probably take me a few more times at the track to figure it out, but when it gets there i'll let ya'll know!

P.J.
Attached Thumbnails
Max Racing MX-707R-p1010009.jpg  
Biz_Nessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:23 PM   #127
Tech Apprentice

Raced with this car for the first time in a few months. Ran really good. I like it over my tc4, waaay more stable and planted on rubber, at least for me.
MarchTC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:48 PM   #128
Tech Regular

alright cat is out of the bag . here are the first of many hop up parts to come. if interested let me know i will get you taken care of.
Attached Thumbnails
Max Racing MX-707R-cpmx0p002.jpg   Max Racing MX-707R-cpmx0p001.jpg  
Old 02-05-2006, 09:04 AM   #129
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

cool
Old 02-05-2006, 10:43 AM   #130
Tech Apprentice

Default its about time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pig
alright cat is out of the bag . here are the first of many hop up parts to come. if interested let me know i will get you taken care of.
duh! hook it up we could all use some tuning parts. what other parts will be available? whatever they are hopefully they'll be out soon so i dont have to modify this thing just to tune it. they should just release all of the tuning parts all at once instead of one part at a time. just makes sense to let people know that there is parts support for the car and they dont have to wait till the first of never for support. if thats not gonna happen they should at least let us know whats in the works and when to expect it.

P.J.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #131
Tech Regular

i dont know dude you had a great setup for as much time as you have into your car. and even though you have been out on the track for awhile you drove like you stole it and were running from the "MAN"!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #132
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pig
i dont know dude you had a great setup for as much time as you have into your car. and even though you have been out on the track for awhile you drove like you stole it and were running from the "MAN"!

whoa cool your jets turbo. i wasnt complaining or bashing the car i was just saying that it would be nice to have more hop-ups for this thing so it could be even better and even more competitive. i like the car. it has major potential. i would just like there to be more options like most of the other companies have. and you're right i did have a good night with the car but if the tuning options that i want were available i think that it could have been even better. So if the hop-ups are there bring 'em on!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #133
Tech Regular

turbo? that's twin turbo to you. parts are coming. chinese new year will be over soon then they will start shipping again. maybe there will be more hop ups you never know?
Old 02-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #134
Tech Apprentice

send some of those parts my way! Bring me some foam tires for this saturday, im gonna run em for once!
MarchTC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:34 PM   #135
Tech Regular

need to check on tires. you might need to wait till next week after order comes in. i ran 19 turn last night finished 6th. first time i've ran though can't wait till saturday. you and the group coming out for sure?