Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Foam is for real racers
Old 05-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Default First IIC

I'm trying to make it out to IIC this year for the first time (finally). Was wondering about how much this trip out to vegas and back was costing people. I'm driving from california so gas shouldn't be too much, but more worried about food cost and other random things other than racing.

Hope to see everybody out there soon!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmann591
I'm trying to make it out to IIC this year for the first time (finally). Was wondering about how much this trip out to vegas and back was costing people. I'm driving from california so gas shouldn't be too much, but more worried about food cost and other random things other than racing.

It is possible to find places to eat that won't cost you an arm and a leg. The food court at the Riviara isn't terribly expensive. If it's still there, there's a hot dog place right across the street that's pretty cheap. Haven't tried it myself. Vegas is a hotbed of fine dining. I'm a little bit of a foodie and I like trying the different restaurants up and down the strip. Hope you can make it. Think you'll have a blast. There's lots to do and see besides racing. After the track closes for the night, I head down the strip, people watching and window shopping. Doesn't cost a dime. Unless your feet get sore and you need to take the bus or a taxi back to the Riv.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmann591

You can always make the vegas trip cheap. It is all about how you plan on things and what you want to do. I normally take 1000.00 for the week and thats food gambling drinking and partying and most the time come back with about 200.00 lol. There is always McDonalds a crossed the street from with a dollar menu!!!!!!! best idea ever lol.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
HI Everyone,

BIGWHITE: Great that AZ will be representing. Just dont forget to bring your BEATS!

[email protected]
They go with me every where I travel to lol always have to jam out
Old 06-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Hello,
I am planning on coming to this race this year. I have a few questions

1)Sign in is scheduled for Monday Oct 1. If I book a flight that lands in Vegas at 10:00pm, will I still be able to sign in? This means that I probably wouldn’t show up at the Riviera until after 11:30pm at night.
If I can’t sign in until Tuesday, will this cause any problems?
2)I am interested in running the amateur 17.5 touring car and world GT 13.5 classes.
a.Will there be Spec handout motors issued for both these classes?
i.If there are handout motors, will a soldering iron be available to use or will I need to provide my own?
b.Will there be Spec tires issued for both these classes?
c.Do both of these classes use some sort of spec tire? If so, will they be provided, will we have to purchase them at the track, or will need to supply our own?
3)Are ROAR rules followed as far as the specs of the car (ie weight, ride height, length, width, etc)
4)Is any sort of traction compound allowed? If so, what types are legal to use at this race and will it be available for us to purchase at the track?
5)What time will racing be finished on Saturday, Oct 6? I can schedule a flight to leave around 6:15pm on that Saturday or on the next day.
6)I saw that Registration will begin July 9. Is payment required at the time of registration or can we pay when we sign in on Oct. 1?
7)When is the registration deadline?

Thank You,
Tim
Old 06-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc_speed
Hello,
I am planning on coming to this race this year. I have a few questions

1)Sign in is scheduled for Monday Oct 1. If I book a flight that lands in Vegas at 10:00pm, will I still be able to sign in? This means that I probably wouldn’t show up at the Riviera until after 11:30pm at night.
If I can’t sign in until Tuesday, will this cause any problems?
You should be able to sign in to your hotel room. But for the race you wouldnt be you would just do it the next day.
2)I am interested in running the amateur 17.5 touring car and world GT 13.5 classes.
a.Will there be Spec handout motors issued for both these classes?
i.If there are handout motors, will a soldering iron be available to use or will I need to provide my own? There is a hand out motor for amateur but not for world gt. You should bring your own soldering iron but if not i bet there will be someone out of the 300 people that has one
b.Will there be Spec tires issued for both these classes? Amateur will most likely use jaco blues like they have been doing for the past two or three years. You will have to buy the tires there. World GT i am not sure on.
c.Do both of these classes use some sort of spec tire? If so, will they be provided, will we have to purchase them at the track, or will need to supply our own?
3)Are ROAR rules followed as far as the specs of the car (ie weight, ride height, length, width, etc)Yes he will have a list on his website when sign ups go live of everything
4)Is any sort of traction compound allowed? If so, what types are legal to use at this race and will it be available for us to purchase at the track?
Jack the gripper is normally handed out there. From my understanding that is the only thing allowed.
5)What time will racing be finished on Saturday, Oct 6? I can schedule a flight to leave around 6:15pm on that Saturday or on the next day.
depends on what main you end up in and if you want to stay and watch other races. I think last year endded around 8 but i could be wrong.
6)I saw that Registration will begin July 9. Is payment required at the time of registration or can we pay when we sign in on Oct. 1? You can use paypal to pay then or you can mail in a mony order.
7)When is the registration deadline? dont know yet he has not said anything but does sound like it could fill up pretty fast this year.

Thank You,
Tim
Hope i was able to help a lil.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Just an fyi, website has been updated with the latest available information.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Interesting
ALL Blinky now with the exception of Expert WGT

Was thinking 12th SS would have gone 10.5 blinky, instead of 13.5 ?

Looks like it's going to be another fun, fun week at iic
Old 06-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great start to the summer and getting out and having some fun. We have received many emails about the IIC and I wanted to give a few answers in case others had the same questions.

Entries will go live online on July 9th 8pm EST, Basically 1 month from now. on www.intchamps.com

Always the big question. Who is going to TQ the entries?

All Stock and Super Stock classes are "No Boost" Classes. This included Xpert WGT.

JMAN591: Cool you are thinking about joining us. As the guys had posted. Vegas is what you make of it. You can party like a rock star or keep it on the down low and cheap and enjoy some of the free things Vegas has to offer. There are many guys and families that come to the IIC on a strict budget and dont spend a dime in the slots or on the tables and they have a blast. One of my favorite things to do in Vegas is go walking around to all the cool hotels. So much awesome stuff to see all for free. So a budget is do able, it is up to you.
WYVERN and BIGWHITE also got it about the food. Any level of cost is available. Can even get PB&J and live on that for the week. Or you can eat so much at the Drivers Meeting Buffet Dinner on Monday night of the IIC that you dont have to eat for the next couple of days.

DID SOMEBODY SAY BUFFET! YEAHHHH. VEGAS BABY.

RCSPEED: Glad you are planning on joining us at the IIC. I think most of your questions I covered in your email and BIGWHITE also got it, Thanks BIG!

Not sure if I hit this in the email, but for tech inspection we will check.
Battery Voltage 8.44
Blinky Mode
Ride Height
Weight
and for Sedan. Wing can be no taller than the roof.

Those are the only things we check in tech inspection going out for your runs
We will do checks on Blinky and motors in Post inspection.

We received some questions about the motor limit in 1/12 Super Stock. After talking to my team and Kraig going back and doing some research on lap times. We will keep with the current plan of SS 1/12th using 13.5 motors. This will give us the most balanced separation in classes from 17.5, 13.5 and Mod.

I want to give a tip of the hat to those guys who messaged me about this subject. They did it in a very professional and positive way. You guys know who you are and I appreciate your professionalism. They did not complain or gripe. just gave their thoughts and ideas and that is the way to do it. Thanks.

As a promoter, I always want to find a way to make the IIC better. I for sure dont know what is always best, but we have a great family of racers who support the IIC, some of you from the start! And your positive input and suggestions help us continue to make the IIC the best we can.

Onroad is for sure on the climb again and we are excited to get back to Vegas for the IIC and have a great time doing what we all love so much.

As always if you have any questions, please drop me an email and I will be happy to answer.

On the TONE!
Scotty
[email protected]

Last edited by Scotty Ernst; 06-10-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
All Stock and Super Stock classes are "No Boost" Classes. This included Xpert WGT.
Scotty, the intchamps.com website says Expert WGT is "boost allowed/open speedo"... is this an error?
Old 06-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Clearing schedule now in advance... Hopefully I can defend my 2011 IIC poker title
Old 06-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Is there still a race at 702? I searched for a thread but didnt come up with anything. Its the weekend of Sept 16th, Ill be visiting from NY for my B-day and would love to have an excuse to go wheeling while Im on vacation!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Wohoo.....Me and the wife cant wait for the IIC as usual! Been to every one and dont plan on missing any as long as they are going! Thanks for putting up with us Scotty!

EA
Old 06-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Better Hurry

Hey Guys,

www.southwest.com has one of their killer sales going on right now for tickets. 0-500 miles is 49.00, 501-1300 miles is 99.00 and 1301+ miles is 139.00. We just got two tickets for the price of one for the IIC! They only run this special once every 6-8 months and will save you a bunch. Our tickets before were 500.00 each!

Dont miss out. This is your way to join one of the most fun races on earth for a fraction of the cost!

IT ONLY LAST 72 HOURS ALSO!!!

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.