R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #1021
Tech Rookie

Sorry to disappoint you Logi...but I made that video...lol Michael hired me to do it...lol thanks for the compliments guys....I love doing this work!!
Attached Thumbnails
2012  LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST-302583_10151038983750001_858711693_n.jpeg  
dthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #1022
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Will the Spec GT class have the same bodies next year? I want to run it and will likely go with the RX-8 body since no one else seemed to use it...or did someone use it?
Special thanks to EMRFactory and VBC Racing.
linkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #1023
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkless View Post
Will the Spec GT class have the same bodies next year? I want to run it and will likely go with the RX-8 body since no one else seemed to use it...or did someone use it?
I don't recall any of the RX8 bodies. Most popular were the BMW and the AUDI.
HawaiiBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #1024
Tech Adept

Default F1 at IIC

Hats off to Scotty and the rest of his team for putting on another outstanding IIC. This was my fourth time taking part in this race. Can't wait to do it again next year.

Last year, we saw the inaugural running of F1 at the IIC. I recall hearing several people saying they were going to get an F1 car so they could enter next year, and yet, this year there was a decline in participation. I'm curious. What are some of the reasons people chose not to enter F1 this year?
Wyvern95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #1025
Tech Champion

I originally wanted to run F1 this year but had some bills come up that I had to use some of my Vegas fund to pay for...hopefully next year!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #1026
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthreatt View Post
Sorry to disappoint you Logi...but I made that video...lol Michael hired me to do it...lol thanks for the compliments guys....I love doing this work!!
Freaking fabulous work you do! The video off IIC was awesome! Please come to all the races! LOL

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #1027
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Very cool vid...I see my car in it!
Me too! How is that possible?
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #1028
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkless View Post
My Lightening McQueen is an RX-8 and I saw at least one other one just don't remember who's it was. It work's Ok. No major problems with it. Just Lightening doesn't have headlights. Only stickers.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #1029
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post
My Lightening McQueen is an RX-8 and I saw at least one other one just don't remember who's it was. It work's Ok. No major problems with it. Just Lightening doesn't have headlights. Only stickers.
That RX-8 seemed really wide to me.............all week long........LOL.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #1030
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post
"Flash to Pass" Sally!

And to think, I told my wife that Sally was a 'modest' girl.
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #1031
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
I originally wanted to run F1 this year but had some bills come up that I had to use some of my Vegas fund to pay for...hopefully next year!
That is perfectly understandable. I had some unexpected bills myself when I had to move to another state in order to keep a job.

I was hoping that the issues were with chassis selection or the handout tire choice. Something technical that was within Scotty's control. Each class takes a lot of time and effort to put together. Because there were issues with last years tire supplier not being able to provide tires that would work with the new chassis, Scotty had to scramble to find a new supplier. With this years low turnout for F1, he may decide it's not worth it next year. If there were any technical issues that kept people away from F1 this year, now would be the time to bring them up.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #1032
Tech Champion

Well one of the main tire issues still remained and that is really the rim. The Ride rim for the F104 apparently doesn't fit properly over the F104 front suspension and that is the only rim with the same tire bead that the other manufacturers are using. Apparently the ID of the Ride rim is smaller than the ID of the Tamiya rim. Scotty is considering not having a hand out tire for F1 in future races.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #1033
Tech Adept

I heard there was an issue with getting rims that fit the F104, but I thought the issue was only with the new version 2 F104. I ran the same F104 (first generation, non pro edition) this year and last year and didn't have any fit issues with the rims.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #1034
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

A lot of guys didn't run f1 because they bought the 3 racing car which was not allowed and no one wants to buy a new car for one race.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #1035
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern95 View Post
I heard there was an issue with getting rims that fit the F104, but I thought the issue was only with the new version 2 F104. I ran the same F104 (first generation, non pro edition) this year and last year and didn't have any fit issues with the rims.
The version 2 and the previous F104 have the same front end. I found out after speaking with a driver or two that the same issue happened last year as well due to the rims. Apparently it is really difficult to get the ride height low enough in the front with the Ride rims.