R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #61
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ok, thanks.

Also, the tires for both wgt 13.5 and amateur 17.5 sedan are listed as T.B.D. Does this mean that both classes will use hand-out tires that we get when we check-in or does it mean that we will need to buy our own tires and they have not yet determined what those tires will be?
rc_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default IIC

Can't wait! Flight is booked and vacation is on the books! Should be a solid group of racers from Minnesota in attendance this year!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #63
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_speed View Post
ok, thanks.

Also, the tires for both wgt 13.5 and amateur 17.5 sedan are listed as T.B.D. Does this mean that both classes will use hand-out tires that we get when we check-in or does it mean that we will need to buy our own tires and they have not yet determined what those tires will be?
you buy tires at the track. i cannot remember if any sets are free (the first one might be). only 1/12th does not have a spec tire...
the make/model of these tires must not be inked yet.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #64
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Hello Everyone! It is almost time for signups for 2012 International Indoor Championships to open. The Master of Ceremonies wanted me to pass along the following information.
  • Mod Rubber Tire Sedan - First Class 175.00 - Second Class 100.00
  • Super Stock 13.5 Rubber Tire Sedan - First Class 175.00 - Second Class 100.00
  • Stock 17.5 Rubber Tire Sedan - First Class 175.00 - Second Class 100.00
  • Amateur 17.5 Rubber Tire Sedan* - First Class 195.00 - Second Class 120.00
  • 1/12 Scale Modified - First Class 160.00 - Second Class 80.00
  • 1/12 Scale 13.5 Super Stock - First Class 160.00 Second Class - 80.00
  • 1/12 Scale 17.5 - First Class 160.00 - Second Class 80.00
  • Expert World GT 10.5 - First Class 175.00 - Second Class 100.00
  • World GT 13.5 - First Class 175.00 - Second Class 100.00
  • F1 - Specific Chassis Rules T.B.D. - First Class 175.00 - Second Class 100.00
*Amateur 17.5 Rubber Tire Sedan class is for those that do not have any type of sponsorship and that includes Mom and Pop's Convenience store.
am i reading this correctly ??

is this the price for the classes ?? and you get a set of tyres with this ???

I was planning to fly over for next year from Europe but i find it quite expensive :-( ETS costs 50 euros
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #65
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree, quite pricey. But, they have to rent the venue for a solid week (that can't be cheap) and still turn a profit. Quite a ding in the pocketbook ( or life savings if you're me) though.

RC Excitement: Fitchburg, MA | RC Madness: Enfield, CT | Horsham RC
samnelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #66
Tech Champion

What are the rules for F1? 180mm? 190mm? Will the FGX be legal? What will be the handout tire?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #67
Tech Master

HI Everyone,

Well tonight is the night entries will open up for another great run in Vegas at the IIC. Entries go live at 8pm EST at www.intchamps.com
You can pay either via pay pal or mailing in your entries for those that still like to do it that way.

A bit of info to those that don't know what is all included in your entry fee for the IIC.

Of course entry into the International Indoor Championships. But you also get:

Racer goodie bag with almost $100 dollars of RC goodies we all need.

Drivers Meeting with all you can eat dinner buffet at the top of the Riviera.

Sponsor Meet and Greet with the opportunity to talk and learn about all the new things our sponsors have in store for the IIC and also

******* ALL THE FREE BEER AND TACOS YOU CAN ENJOY****

A great event T shirt designed by Dusty Kemp.

Set of handout tires for those classes.

The chance to watch, learn and chat with some of the biggest name in all of RC.

And of course be part of a great event in one of the most exciting cities in the world LAS VEGAS with our hotel located right on the STRIP!

So as you can see, your entry fee does not only get you entry into the event. You get many great things that come along with it. goodies, food, drink and good times makes it what everyone that has attended in the past a good value for your entry fee.

Talking with many racers during our ETS series this year,it sounds like we are going to have a great number of racers from Europe attending this year so that will add to the international flair of the event.

So to those that are thinking about joining us for the first time, we hope you do, It is a great event and after you race the IIC, I am sure you will feel that the trip was well worth it. You dont have to take my word for it. I am sure some of our racers who have attended in the past will give their opinion of the great time we have each year at the IIC.

My team and I look forward to putting on another great IIC and we look forward to seeing everyone in Las Vegas.

Now the last question????? Who is going to TQ entries tonight?

Thanks
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For all of those who have been to the IIC, how many classes do you think one could enter and still have time to practice, tune, marshal, and race all of them and still have a good time? I wanted to enter three classes, maybe even four, but I'm starting to think that may be too many.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. Losi 22 4.0, CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
For all of those who have been to the IIC, how many classes do you think one could enter and still have time to practice, tune, marshal, and race all of them and still have a good time? I wanted to enter three classes, maybe even four, but I'm starting to think that may be too many.
I ran 3 classes last year (1/12, wgt, and f1) and had alot of time to get everything ready. I know others will disagree but if you have your cars working well before you go you should have no problem running 3 or 4 classes imo.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #70
Tech Champion

I've ran 2 classes for all of the years I have attended and always had a lot of down time...I am considering running 3 classes this year.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #71
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Ive ran 4 classes before and not had issues. With the schedule that Scotty has laid out every day the classes are usually spread out good and you know exactly what time you are on the track every time you run to the minute.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #72
Tech Master

If you come prepaired, you'll be fine. But, if your anything like me. You'll be wrenching none stop. LOL
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #73
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
3 classes works fine as long as they are 3 different cars. The mains on Saturday can fall such that you have little time between two different Sedans or 12th scales depending on how you qualified. Having to change motor, tires and gearing quickly can lead making mistakes.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #74
Tech Master

HI guys,

Thanks for helping out DesertRat,

As you can read Desertrat, It varies on what the guys run, but most run 2 or 3.

As EA listed, I post a detailed time table for each race so that you know exactly what time you are up. If you are in race 12, you know that your race will begin at 11:08am. We give you a schedule each day so you know how to plan your day. It works out well and gives you a chance to have some fun in Vegas between your races.

JUAN: You crack me up. Nice.

HAYWOOD: Great you are going to be joining us. It will be a blast for sure. Good to have a MN team going to be there. I am sure Skews will wear his Viking jersey.

RCSPEED: Tires for the sedan classes and WGT are handout, your entry fee includes 1 set per class. Additional sets are available at the race.

T minus 32 min to see who is going to TQ Entries.

Thanks
Scotty
Old 07-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #75
Tech Master

Just wanted to let anyone that is interested know. Boomer and I are on yahoo chat tonight during the entry release if anybody wants to chat or has questions.

scott53207 is me :-)

scotty