R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #481
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Wow - Haynes being called out! Its good your not going to tequila Sunday...
Yeah, sorry I don't drink...especially not tequila! Not sure Mike (or anyone else) would care what I have to say, but I think drivers at his level don't belong in stock classes. I simply think he is too good of a driver for stock. His past results I think prove that.

If it does happen then so be it...I will do my best to be competitive and be as prepared as I can.

I am running stock and super stock TC...I would expect higher skill levels in super stock I am just surprised to see some of those very accomplished drivers dropping down to run stock.

Don't get too smashed at Tequila Sunday! I have money on you in the poker tourney! odds are 70 to 1 for you Mike. So not good unless you win!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #482
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haynes View Post
I will be running all 3 sedan classes that i am eligible for per the rules. I'm sorry if your not thrilled with my running 17.5, however since i club race that class every week and rarely get to run the faster ones it would seem logical to compete. I enjoy running sedan more then anything else, so why not have 3x the fun while spending all week there?

If it is of any interest to you, i ran 5 classes at birds last year (17.5 sedan and 12th, 13.5 sedan and 12th, and mod sedan), no team i recieve help from requested or signed me up for any of them...so the choice was mine.

Fair enough...Vegas should be fun this year!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #483
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
C'mon Steve this is serious racing with a ton on the line (like bowling trophies and dangling carrots for most of us). Getting people of the right skill level in the right classes has always been an issue in racing in general. When you see guys like Haynes in stock at snowbirds, that makes me sad...dude has won every race out there and is one of the best racers in the country.
One of the best racers in the country is at one the country's biggest races and is in your class...Say it isn't so...!!!

Isn't that why people go to Races like the birds and IIC...to race against the best and see how they stack up???
Old 08-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #484
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Haynes puts up a complelling argument to run stock. I will admit.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #485
Tech Elite

If Scotty allows someone to race three classes then the racers who choose to enter all can't be faulted. However it does seem to go against the spirit of the three class concept.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #486
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, sorry I don't drink...especially not tequila! Not sure Mike (or anyone else) would care what I have to say, but I think drivers at his level don't belong in stock classes. I simply think he is too good of a driver for stock. His past results I think prove that.

If it does happen then so be it...I will do my best to be competitive and be as prepared as I can.

I am running stock and super stock TC...I would expect higher skill levels in super stock I am just surprised to see some of those very accomplished drivers dropping down to run stock.

Don't get too smashed at Tequila Sunday! I have money on you in the poker tourney! odds are 70 to 1 for you Mike. So not good unless you win!

It happens at all the big races.. Even the nats. Look at the entrie list from the last couple of years.

The chassis sponsor is the one who needs to stop it .
John Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #487
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Isn't this why there is the amatuer class? This is not a three class format, this is a 4 class format. if sponsored guys should stay out of 17.5, why have amatuer?
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #488
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Doesn't it just mean stock isn't slow enough to bore the "fast" guys
Old 08-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #489
Tech Elite

Dumper...

My observation was about skill level, not sponsorship...I don't think sponsorship defines a person's ability in all cases.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #490
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HenBeav

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Doesn't it just mean stock isn't slow enough to bore the "fast" guys
i think most have shown if there is a trophy/prize or a sticker associated with a win then the manufacturer they race for can add it to a box, motor, battery whatever, they will run whatever class just to get a win

but yes the amatuer class i think is too fast also, i did an 11.8 in amaturer last year on limited motor timing and hand out motors and could only pull an 11.6 in stock running whatever i wanted motor wise (yes i should have run the amaturer car in stock but didn't)

run amatuer with a 25.5 or a 25.5 with life cells something boringly slow.

and then run a true non sponsored stock, no previous winners with a 21.5 with life cells to keep it slow

then run the normal classes with lipo to increase the speed and you have 5 classes now and stop with the VTA and USGT and other ways of keep the speed down actually slow the cars down for the lower classes not just a 2/10 break between each classes in hot lap if even that.

Also I still "qualify" for amatuer in every way except I won last year so i can't run it this year so just I'm stuck running just 2 classes, even though i don't ever get to run 13.5 or mod at home so i guess i shouldn't run those....

Support your local Lowe's, Walmart and Layne Machine Works INC.
HenBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #491
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Art - thanks for livening things up..
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #492
Tech Master

I'm not running amateur this year because I have a 50% radio sponsorship. Which makes me sponsored by Scotty's definition. So I know I can only run with the big boys. Other years I have run both amateur and stock since all I had to change was tires. I got twice the track time with no difference in the spec.

For future years I would like to see the amateur class run 21.5 blicky. It's not that much slower. It would make it more different from stock for those that run both and promote a slower class for less skilled and beginning drivers. The current blicky 17.5 is much faster than the old brushed motor stock.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #493
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

What is the practice schedule like? how many runs did you get per day last year?
Old 08-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #494
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
What is the practice schedule like? how many runs did you get per day last year?
Usually two runs per day per class, but there is a short open practice in the morning each day(with three minute runs), but getting through the line is pretty tough multiple times.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #495
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Usually two runs per day per class, but there is a short open practice in the morning each day(with three minute runs), but getting through the line is pretty tough multiple times.
But there have been separate tc and pan car lines... which is awesome!
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote