R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2012, 01:19 AM   #241
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

It is on par with other races of this level price wise...some are less...some are about the same. When I went to the Snow Birds it was pretty close in price. Snow Birds is a great race too...but for me Vegas is easier and less expensive to travel to.

Scotty puts on a great event and as an attendee you get great interaction with your fellow racers, sponsored drivers, and manufacturers! It is worth it to make it to this race or one like it at least once if you can.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:15 AM   #242
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 2,103
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Snow Birds would be the main race I would be able to attend. Being in Atlanta its only about 7 hours away and something I would be willing to make. However watching videos and reading about this Vegas race makes me want to go there too!
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:51 AM   #243
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,468
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Snowbirds is $80 per class. Not sure how $80 and $180 are about the same???
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #244
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Whatever it takes for this race to be worth Scotty's time is worth paying.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:12 AM   #245
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
Snowbirds is $80 per class. Not sure how $80 and $180 are about the same???
The 'birds doesn't include a buffet night, taco and beer night, a bag with traction compound and other stuff. Not sure what the "value" of all that comes too, but it has to be considered.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #246
Tech Addict
 
mtbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg. Igloo. Hockey. Beer.
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Guys. Really?

My first "real" race entry fee for 3 classes $430.00
My flight and hotel for me and my wife $1800.00
5 Days of repeatedly asking Kevin Hebert and Rick Howart what I need to do to make my car handle better and go faster until they start to avoid me.

Priceless!!
__________________
Team Associated Reedy factory team driver.
B5M Factory lite $ B44.3 Factory $ TC6.2 $ RC12R 5.1
Reedy 410 Speedos $ Reedy Mach Series motors
204 Raceway Winnipeg 1/10-1/8 Offroad. Owner.
mtbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #247
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
The 'birds doesn't include a buffet night, taco and beer night, a bag with traction compound and other stuff. Not sure what the "value" of all that comes too, but it has to be considered.
Snowbirds also makes you pit in your room (or pay to sweat to death in the Cracker Room) if you're a privateer. Being able to pit in the main hall with all the other racers is worth an extra $100 all on its own.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #248
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,112
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbboy View Post
5 Days of repeatedly asking Kevin Hebert and Rick Howart what I need to do to make my car handle better and go faster until they start to avoid me.
Good luck with this one...
__________________
Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | 2mm Designs

Last edited by artwork; 08-01-2012 at 09:44 AM.
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #249
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbboy View Post
Guys. Really?

My first "real" race entry fee for 3 classes $430.00
My flight and hotel for me and my wife $1800.00
5 Days of repeatedly asking Kevin Hebert and Rick Howart what I need to do to make my car handle better and go faster until they start to avoid me.

Priceless!!
You wont regret it one bit!

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #250
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,468
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Snowbirds also makes you pit in your room (or pay to sweat to death in the Cracker Room) if you're a privateer. Being able to pit in the main hall with all the other racers is worth an extra $100 all on its own.
That is nice. My first trip to IIC and I can't wait.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #251
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Good luck with this one...
Damn Gina!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #252
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,559
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Snowbirds also makes you pit in your room (or pay to sweat to death in the Cracker Room) if you're a privateer. Being able to pit in the main hall with all the other racers is worth an extra $100 all on its own.
+1
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #253
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Whatever it takes for this race to be worth Scotty's time is worth paying.
Also take into consideration the following:
  1. Renting a corporate-sized conference room for an entire week.
  2. Reserving hundreds of hotel rooms in the Riviera Hotel & Casino.
  3. Buying approximately 10,000 square feet of brand new CRC carpet.
  4. Hiring a construction crew to build a 3-layer wood & carpet racetrack in the middle of the conference room.
  5. Negotiating with several R/C businesses to sponsor the race.
You get all this for a bargain!
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #254
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,468
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
Also take into consideration the following:
  1. Renting a corporate-sized conference room for an entire week.
  2. Reserving hundreds of hotel rooms in the Riviera Hotel & Casino.
  3. Buying approximately 10,000 square feet of brand new CRC carpet.
  4. Hiring a construction crew to build a 3-layer wood & carpet racetrack in the middle of the conference room.
  5. Negotiating with several R/C businesses to sponsor the race.
You get all this for a bargain!
Pretty sure it doesn't include hotel fee. The rate may be a little better but that's with any conference. I have been to quite a few in Vegas
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #255
Tech Elite
 
bkspeedo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Fun, CO
Posts: 3,139
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

There is value in the entry fee I just wish Scotty would skip years between price increases. If it keeps on the current pace it will reach a point where people are going to start saying no.
__________________
Brent Klingforth
Sponsors: Awesomatix USA ~ Roche USA ~ ORCA ~ AVID Bearings ~ R1 Wurks
TQ Wire ~ Montech ~ WTF ~ BSR Racing Tires ~ 2mm Design ~ Helix Designs
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:27 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net