Search
Like Tree76Likes

RC Crew Chief Software

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
Bob does your software run on Windows 10?
What erchn said. You can install straight from the website. It currently has an unlimited trial period
http://rccrewchief.wrightdesign.ca/RcccDownload.aspx
Old 12-28-2016, 01:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Any chance anybody has Xray XB4 2016 or 2017 buggy car model? It looks like the one that is downloadable is from 2013 car or so which is match different than current one.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

New Youtube video series on measuring and creating a model for the AE TC 7.1. Access it from the website Videos Page

Plus a new batch of models:
AE TC 7.1
Awesomatix A700 Evo II
Awesomatix A700 Evo II w RFG
Awesomatix A800
Old 12-29-2016, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobW
New Youtube video series on measuring and creating a model for the AE TC 7.1. Access it from the website Videos Page

Plus a new batch of models:
AE TC 7.1
Awesomatix A700 Evo II
Awesomatix A700 Evo II w RFG
Awesomatix A800
Score, thanks for sharing the methods
Old 01-28-2017, 06:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've been having problems with the software on my MS Surface 4 Pro. I downloaded RCCC and purchased it and received my activation code. I drive Kyosho RB6.6 which is not available to download so I measured the car and entered my own data. First I had a problem where the drop down box for Rear Springs would always give me an error and I could not select a spring. The next thing I did was download the AE B6D file and as is it worked fine. I then modified the file with my own dimensions and that gave me many pop-up box errors when I would try to save.

I have the latest version of Microsoft.NET framework already installed. This is Windows 10.

Any ideas??
Old 01-29-2017, 04:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CedarCityJohnny
I've been having problems with the software on my MS Surface 4 Pro. I downloaded RCCC and purchased it and received my activation code. I drive Kyosho RB6.6 which is not available to download so I measured the car and entered my own data. First I had a problem where the drop down box for Rear Springs would always give me an error and I could not select a spring. The next thing I did was download the AE B6D file and as is it worked fine. I then modified the file with my own dimensions and that gave me many pop-up box errors when I would try to save.

I have the latest version of Microsoft.NET framework already installed. This is Windows 10.

Any ideas??
Best solution is to export the file you have created and send it to me. I'm sure it is something simple that I can easily fix. Just use the "Export Car File" button in the Car Manager and send the file to [email protected].
Old 02-16-2017, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

XRAY T4 '17 model is now available on the on road model download page.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Bob,
Just measured up my old T3 Eu Rubber and uploaded the data.. Really like the application. I've been thinking about black carpet, and would it be better to have a lower chassis roll sensitivity for the black carpet as grip is typically quite high at the track I run at.

The reason for asking is that other racers are saying better to have a stiffer chassis and compliment with glueing your tires.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MaxRain
Bob,
Just measured up my old T3 Eu Rubber and uploaded the data.. Really like the application. I've been thinking about black carpet, and would it be better to have a lower chassis roll sensitivity for the black carpet as grip is typically quite high at the track I run at.

The reason for asking is that other racers are saying better to have a stiffer chassis and compliment with glueing your tires.
I would run lower roll centers and less camber gain. In other words a higher Roll Sensitivity. Reason being this increases the amount of chassis roll and the amount of camber change the tire would see which will reduce overall grip. Also the softer setup will make the car easier to drive. I always try to run the softest setup I can. Running a stiffer setup (lower Roll Sensitivity) will make the car more reactive, more difficult to drive and more prone to traction roll.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Bob,
If I were to use setup wheels that are 64mm in diameter to measure ride height and camber measurements then enter those values in the chassis manager, does this inadvertently affect readings when opening the setup tab, then measuring ride height with Jaco Blues which have a smaller diameter, where ride height will be lower without changing any settings including spring preload.

I assume that the setup page allows tires with different diameters to be modified on the fly, including ride height. Is this correct?
Old 04-06-2017, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

That will work fine. The model entered in the Chassis Manager is the reference geometry for everything. When you change tire diameter, ride height or anything else on the setup page the program calculates what needs to change from the reference model to achieve that. So if your model was measured using 64mm setup wheels and you change to 63mm everything gets recalculated to match that change.
MontanaMaxx likes this.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

I've built a model for the Destiny RX10s, I measured everything other than the internal shock dimensions. Would someone mind sanity checking it for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6qnmtpfw5...RX10s.rca?dl=0

Last edited by antlockyer; 04-10-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by antlockyer
I've built a model for the Destiny RX10s, I measured everything other than the internal shock dimensions. Would someone mind sanity checking it for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6qnmtpfw5...RX10s.rca?dl=0
Had a quick look through and you are right the front suspension geometry does not look correct. Normally the front and rear dimensions are very similar for a TC. It looks to me the problem is in the Lking and Axle dimensions. The two measurements that are the most difficult to get accurately. If you haven’t already watch the AE TC7.1 Part 1 Youtube Video as it shows the method I use to take those measurements. It starts around time 10:30.
RC Crew Chief

There is also something not right with the steering geometry. Normally the tie rods are straight not angled as they are in your model. It looks to me to be the Ysa value. It could also be the Lcc or Ysb values or even a combination of all three.

The graphic images of the suspension in the chassis manager and the setup pages are scale drawings so if you visually compare your model to the car itself of the Setup Sheet they should appear the same.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the help via email Bob, greatly appreciated. Is there a way of bringing 2 chassis manager windows up? I would like to do a comparison between two cars. Currently I'm uing snipping tool to copy one and then bringing the other one up but it's a little tedious.

What I'm trying to achieve is why my Destiny has very similar values in the setup screen (roll centre, stiffness, etc.) to an Xray yet has a much lower chassis roll sensitivity. Concerned I've got a measurement wrong somewhere so was looking to cross check before taking the car apart (again).

Thanks
Old 04-13-2017, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Is there a profile for Schumacher Mi6?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.