Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree76Likes

RC Crew Chief Software

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guess I must be asleep at the switch. Must have missed a post notification so apologize for not answering your questions sooner.

Originally Posted by azeroth
Thank you that wil work
FYI some like the mugen have inserts that change the Xbs along with for and aft adjustment
Thanks I need to add reverse bell crank, single bell crank, trailing axle and the ability to change Xbs. Will the adjustability ever end.

Do you anticipate any issues loading the Serpent 4X model, from what i understand it could be an interesting challenge.
That car is beyond what RC3 can handle. Definitely outside the box design. Hope Serpent provides good setup info for that car.

How can I simulate the front suspension of a 1/12 scale car?
I'm talking about the reactive castor suspension.
RC3 assumes the caster angle remains constant so it can't handle variable caster

i think that may be in the next version, being a tab is there already as chassis2 "coming soon". Which has caster and kickup
The next update will include the ability to change hinge pin inserts in the suspension blocks, shim wheelbase and trackwidth.

Is the 2wd short course truck available for download? I did not see it on the model list but i figure it has to be. I am waiting to pull the trigger as the software looks nice.

sc5m is it supported?
The closest there is to a 2wd SCT right now is a Losi 22T. Hard for me to get my hands on these as it is not a popular class around here. You can create your own models though just watch the videos on the website.

Just wondering if progressive springs can be added to the model manager?
It's on the list for a future update.

It is possible to add the influence of differential oil, rear toe and track width changes to the calculation?
Effect of trackwidth changes are already included. Simulating effects of diff oil and rear toe angle are not possible to simulate without having slip angle tire performance data. Not likely we will ever get this.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobW
Guess I must be asleep at the switch. Must have missed a post notification so apologize for not answering your questions sooner.

Thanks I need to add reverse bell crank, single bell crank, trailing axle and the ability to change Xbs. Will the adjustability ever end.

it is ok bob you do a good job
Old 09-18-2016, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I can't seem to get the dynamics to show me how the car will react.. any ideas?
Old 09-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hyperdive08
I can't seem to get the dynamics to show me how the car will react.. any ideas?
If you can provide more details then I can help you out. Screen shots are very helpful. You can post them here or email them to me at [email protected]
Old 10-01-2016, 02:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BobW
Another update has been released with a few bug fixes and some small improvements. Doesn't seem to matter how much testing that's done there are always a few bugs that sneak through.

All 92 models on the website have also been updated to include generic steering and shock/damper models as a minimum. This should make it easier to explore the new features.

Also uploaded a couple new buggy models, JQ White Edition LV and Intech ER-14. Thanks to Markus and Swith Racing for contributing. Lastly three new 13.5T Brushless motor models have been added, Trinity 24K, Fantom FR-1 T and Fantom FR-1 M.
Bob, I tried emailing you last night but the email on your website did not work. Thanks to everyone who steered to this website since the other one I found had no posts since 2014. Anyway my question: I down loaded the trial version of the software and many features did not work (e.g., I could not import a chassis file I down loaded from your website). Is the trail version just very limited in what it does or did I do something when I down loaded the file?
Old 10-01-2016, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

I did receive a email from you this morning but all it said was "TEST".

Importing files from the website is enabled in the Trial Mode so not sure why you are having a problem. If you let me know which model you are importing I'll have a look.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Bob,

Will the Team C TC10 model be added to the car list?
Old 10-02-2016, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

Will some of the new motors be added like the Trinty D4's, 24K's?
Old 10-03-2016, 03:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for update. I'm curious to figure out if I have 1.1 x 4 piston with 300 oil, what oil will be roughly equivalent with 1.6 x 2 piston. I think I have general feel for how to do it (playing with either Damping tab or Chases setup/Shocks setting), but if you have any pointers, that would help.

One problem I have with update - in my old setups I used to put "27.5/300" type of information in Shock Oil as it was just text information and didn't really matter to have precise cst number in there. Now, with V.4.2, when I try to load old setups, it shows error and does not load it correctly. Error is fine. But would be nice if it would just ignore or "empty" wrong field (Shock oil), but still load the rest. Thank you!
Old 10-03-2016, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by maris
Thanks for update. I'm curious to figure out if I have 1.1 x 4 piston with 300 oil, what oil will be roughly equivalent with 1.6 x 2 piston. I think I have general feel for how to do it (playing with either Damping tab or Chases setup/Shocks setting), but if you have any pointers, that would help.
What I like to do is use the Damping Ratio shown in the chassis setup/shocks setting tab. First put in your 1.1x4 with 300, see what that damping ratio number is. Then choose the 1.6x2 pistons. Next, change your oil until you get the same Damping Ratio number. That should give you the same feel. (for low speed, or handling)

One thing to add... the pack will be different between the two pistons (most likely), so you will want to go to the Damping tab, and look at the Damping Ratio graph. Choose both pistons by ctrl-clicking each one to highlight them in blue. Choose your range of viscosities to try match what you had for each piston (since you can't put a separate viscosity for each piston) so the values land on your oils you found to match damping ratio from the first part. The low speed damping, (what you just adjusted using the above steps) should be the same at the 200mm/s area, because that is the region the Damping Ratio number is calculated. Now, to figure out the pack, look at the 2000mm/s area, and one piston/oil combo should be higher than the other, that's the one that has more pack.

You could also get the pack difference by looking on the Dynamic Response tab, and actually entering both piston/oil combinations as Current Setup, and Test Setup. Then, choose a medium jump for the graph (instead of a sine wave... sine wave should be overlaying if you matched them properly). The piston that dips lower, indicates it has less pack, as the graph shows the chassis height off the ground during jump landing.

Last edited by icecyc1; 10-03-2016 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:48 AM
Tech Initiate

That worked out nicely. Had to add two pistons in chases manager. After that could select diffrent pistons in Setup and change oil Cst to match Damping Ration. Found out it's about 650Cst with 2 x 1.6 what sounds about right. (BTW, it's interesting observation how much smaller holes make a difference. Both 1.1 x 4 and 1.6 x 2 have about the same total hole surface area)

After that plaid with Graphs in Damping Tab. Very cool! As you mentioned graphs looked very similar. I didn't knew to look at high speed settings particularly. But now, when I try to enter Damping, I have error:

---------------------------
Main Page
Sub DmprDeriv error
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
OK

Bob, could you look into that? Or maybe easy workaroud? (I have two pistons configured for the chases)

Maris

Originally Posted by icecyc1
What I like to do is use the Damping Ratio shown in the chassis setup/shocks setting tab. First put in your 1.1x4 with 300, see what that damping ratio number is. Then choose the 1.6x2 pistons. Next, change your oil until you get the same Damping Ratio number. That should give you the same feel. (for low speed, or handling)

One thing to add... the pack will be different between the two pistons (most likely), so you will want to go to the Damping tab, and look at the Damping Ratio graph. Choose both pistons by ctrl-clicking each one to highlight them in blue. Choose your range of viscosities to try match what you had for each piston (since you can't put a separate viscosity for each piston) so the values land on your oils you found to match damping ratio from the first part. The low speed damping, (what you just adjusted using the above steps) should be the same at the 200mm/s area, because that is the region the Damping Ratio number is calculated. Now, to figure out the pack, look at the 2000mm/s area, and one piston/oil combo should be higher than the other, that's the one that has more pack.

You could also get the pack difference by looking on the Dynamic Response tab, and actually entering both piston/oil combinations as Current Setup, and Test Setup. Then, choose a medium jump for the graph (instead of a sine wave... sine wave should be overlaying if you matched them properly). The piston that dips lower, indicates it has less pack, as the graph shows the chassis height off the ground during jump landing.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Just quick replay to say that I figured out how to get rid of error - had to go in Chasses manager and fix shock lenght and resave both fron/rear shock setups. Then also resave piston selection in Setup.

Did try different things in Damping Ratio graph. But I couldn't get nice line that is similar in low velocities and changes in high. In my case it is more like two linear lines - one lower, another higher. Interestingly in my setup 2 hole pistons have higher pack. I was expecting reverse. Also, for front, graph ends around 200mm/sec for some reason, see attached picture. Also it looks like my current is quite "overdumped". It's on carpet with jumps and I kind of like it this way.

In general, my suggestion would be to either add Damping Ratio as 3rd graph option to Dynamic response tab graphs or revork/add option, to just display two graphs in Damping Ratio tab. Each graph different piston/oil combination as in Dynamic Response case.

But all in all very nice tool to play with and to understand better effects of different oils/pistons.
Attached Thumbnails RC Crew Chief Software-rc-crew-damp1.png   RC Crew Chief Software-rc-crew-damp2.png  
Old 10-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by maris
Interestingly in my setup 2 hole pistons have higher pack. I was expecting reverse.
Yes, that is what I have found to be interesting in my testing... fewer holes = more pack if you equalize the low velocity damping. Bob's modeling confirmed/matched that result. In other words, less holes = larger difference between low velocity and high velocity damping; more holes = less difference between low velocity and high velocity damping. The size of the holes doesn't seem to affect that ratio as everyone has assumed.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

can you use rc crew chief for 1/12 scale pan car ?
Old 10-14-2016, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry no. It is designed around double 'A" arm independent suspension.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.