Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree76Likes

RC Crew Chief Software

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope everyone regularly uses the database backup function from the file menu and for added security use the "Export" feature in the Car and Chassis Managers to save important car and chassis models as text files. Don't want a computer glich to ruin all that hard work.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default RC CREW Software

hi bob and rest,
i'm interested with the software. when i buy it, would it be lifetime updates as the software progresses?
Old 01-05-2013, 04:54 AM
Tech Addict

Updates are free for the life of this Version. In the last year I have probably released 20 updates that include bug fixes and numerous improvements. At some point in the future I will have to create a new version to allow even more features to be added. That will have a update price attached to it for existing users and a full retail price for others.

Sorry nothing in life is free for a lifetime.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Been using the software for a couple of months. Mainly for the acceleration and gearing information.

http://www.rccartips.com/rc-crew-chi...are-review.htm

http://www.rccartips.com/jilles-gros...2012-setup.htm

Nice to be able to analyze setups of pros.

Will keep adding info as I gather them.

Thanks Bob for taking time to discuss with me. Great job on the software.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Today is a special day. It's RC Crew Chief's first birthday. I would have baked a cake with candles but hard to share that. Instead there is a new Program update with that includes new user requested features.

New Features
-Added two new ARB types to the ARB Calculator
-Added option allowing Acceleration, Braking and Cornering
g values on Handling tab to be changed. Now you can model both left
and right turns. +ve g right turn, -ve g left turn. Scaling of Push/Loose
bar graphs has been changed to accomodate the wider g range.
-Added option to change Front/Rear Track width, Wheelbase and CG position
on handling tab.
-Added Measurement Worksheets in Chassis Manager to record measurements
when creating models.

Bug Fixes
-Fixed bug in ARB and Spring Save routine.
-Fixed some errors in graphic images.

Working on a model for the TCXX and AE SC10. Should have a model for the Capricon C801 (1/8 scale on-road) shortly too.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

sounds great Bob i am currently working on my Edam Razor 2 (1/8 onroad) i will curious about the differences between that and and the cap yes i will send the files to you when completed
Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bob

I have to say that I love the software so far. It has really helped with keeping up with my setups. Thanks for all of your help and fast responses with downloading to my second computer. One thing that would be nice to see but might be a bit difficult to build in it is the abilty to change springs and suspension settings for each corner individually. This would help with some of the oval guys that may run different adjustments from one corner to the next. Again I am sure that would be pretty hard to write in the program but might be a nice new group of guys to pickup the software. Great work on the program and it has helped me with my VTA car. I keep a copy on my main computer at home, then a copy on my laptop that I tack to the track. I also make sure that I back it up on my home NAS drive which lso lets me share the setups between the two computers.

Kurtis
Old 01-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Very much interested in this software but do you have models for Capricorn Lab C02 ? I also have the 801 and a HB TCXX but those seem to be covered very shortly right?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I will purchase the software in the following weeks and will make models for all of the Capricorn cars.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Any plans of a version for IPad, or will it work on an IPad?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by speed6
Very much interested in this software but do you have models for Capricorn Lab C02 ? I also have the 801 and a HB TCXX but those seem to be covered very shortly right?
I have been working with someone to create the C801 model and it is almost finished. The TCXX is at the same point. Should have them uploaded in the week.

There is no model for the Lab C02. You can create your own though if you are handy with digital calipers.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Adam B
Any plans of a version for IPad, or will it work on an IPad?
What I am hoping to do is move the program to the cloud. That way it will be accessible to any platform.

Just to much code to change to rewrite it for iOS or Android. Some users are running it on Mac's with a Windows emulator installed.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I will purchase the software in the following weeks and will make models for all of the Capricorn cars.
That would be awesome
Old 01-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bob,

Found a bug.

When i zoom in on either the front or rear suspension pictures it resets the shock attach locations on the Spring\Shock tab to the most inner mounting positions.

Not sure if anyone else has reported this.

Question, When you measure the kingpin length (LKing) I'm assuming you do it from the center of the c-hub to a-rm attach pin and center of the upper camber link. Is this correct? Same would go for the inner attach point for the upper comber link (Y2).
Old 01-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Bob,

Found a bug.

When i zoom in on either the front or rear suspension pictures it resets the shock attach locations on the Spring\Shock tab to the most inner mounting positions.

Not sure if anyone else has reported this.

Question, When you measure the kingpin length (LKing) I'm assuming you do it from the center of the c-hub to a-rm attach pin and center of the upper camber link. Is this correct? Same would go for the inner attach point for the upper comber link (Y2).
Thanks for the bug report I'll look into it.

Yes Lking is measured from the centre of the C-hub hinge pin at the middle of the c-hub to the centre of the camberlink pivot ball. All suspension measurements should be to the centre of pivot points.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.