R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   RC Crew Chief Software (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/613563-rc-crew-chief-software.html)

Redvet79 05-21-2012 04:14 PM

MBX6T

Be glad to bob pm me with what you need

BobW 05-22-2012 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought a preview of the new suspension Dynamics feature that's in work would be appropriate. Still have some work to do but you should get the idea.

I've included a screenshot and a link to a quick Youtube screen cast video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ieFtfne_xw

M3Man03 05-23-2012 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by BobW (Post 10545233)
Thanks Azeroth, I have your suggestions on my list. My plan for the update currently in work is:

Setup file Import/Export
Setup Print (just for you)
On Handling page allow suspension link positions and shock positions (similar to setup page) to be changed.
Add option to save changes made on the Handling page back to the setup.

Hope to have this update out in a week or so. Then I will start working on modelling the droop settings.

The multi-level shock mount points involves significant changes to the database structure so will likely not happen until a major update.

Do you have a list somewhere of the chassis you have in the program?

BobW 05-23-2012 10:40 AM

The website FAQ page has a list of the currently available chassis. As new chassis models are developed they will be added to the download page so you can add the ones you want to the program database.

You can also create your own models if you can wield a pair of digital calipers. :)

Lessen 05-23-2012 01:12 PM

Very cool Bob!

azeroth 05-23-2012 02:13 PM

nice stuff Bob :sweat: now can you add up stop location :)

jdearhart 05-24-2012 09:40 AM

Bob, I downloaded the demo but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Are you able to model oval cars that are asymmetrical?

BobW 05-24-2012 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by azeroth (Post 10770066)
nice stuff Bob :sweat: now can you add up stop location :)

You're killing me. LOL. How do you like the Print function I added?

BobW 05-24-2012 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by jdearhart (Post 10773362)
Bob, I downloaded the demo but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Are you able to model oval cars that are asymmetrical?

Sorry pan/oval cars are not supported. Only symmetric independent suspensions.

jdearhart 05-24-2012 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by BobW (Post 10773548)
Sorry pan/oval cars are not supported. Only symmetric independent suspensions.

These aren't pan cars. They're buggy based (B3, B4) dirt oval cars. Great job on the program!

azeroth 05-24-2012 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by BobW (Post 10773539)
You're killing me. LOL. How do you like the Print function I added?

love the print option Bob really handy with the nitro car being usually there is no electric and my antique laptop dies quick i run off the base i leave with and then one biased in each direction to test against with at the track still trying to get that BMI Chassis to work outside on rubber thought it would make a great drift car

SlideMasteR 05-25-2012 05:00 AM

ok I have saved my basic setup and can see why im graining my left front on my current setup, there is a huge circle on the left front, under braking or corner entry, my question is - would stiffening the roll or raising the roll centers and running softer springs help ?

this is not something i have tried on track yet

BobW 05-25-2012 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by SlideMasteR (Post 10776868)
ok I have saved my basic setup and can see why im graining my left front on my current setup, there is a huge circle on the left front, under braking or corner entry, my question is - would stiffening the roll or raising the roll centers and running softer springs help ?

this is not something i have tried on track yet

If you have graining on the front left I assume your car is pushing (under steering)? If that is the case then so you need to tighten up the front or free up the rear of the car. That will mean either softening the front, or stiffen the rear or possibly a combination of both.

The handling page will always show a large circle on the front left on corner entry since that is where most of the weight is moving. Look at mid corner where you are just turning (lateral G only) and if there is a big difference in the wheel loads on the left side then there may be to big a difference in front/rear roll stiffness or roll centre locations.

Before you start making changes go back to the Setup Page and look at the roll stiffness values. Since TC’s are generally well balanced the total roll stiffness (combined spring and ARB) values front-rear should be fairly close. If they differ by more than 20% then you likely want to bring them closer together. Shock angle changes are good for fine adjustments. Use Spring rate & ARB for larger changes.

I would suggest just making one change to start and then hit the track to see if that has helped.

Generally I find a good place to start is with the mid corner setup neutral (bar graph in the middle). Then you can decide which way to move the handling from there.

azeroth 06-04-2012 03:11 PM

ok being a pain again :)

bob i was entering in the chassis info for my ntc3 it excepted front suspension weights ect just fine but will now take the or draw up the rear suspension i know it is a odd duck but it works on my 1/8 gtp-e and gtp nitro

besides i like being your personal pain (not really) but i finally got the nitro car working as well as the e car

BobW 06-04-2012 03:23 PM

If you can export the chassis file, email it to me and I'll have a look. If that doesn't work then just send me the numbers for the rear suspension and I'll input them here so I can see what the problem is.

I won't respond to your pm now.