Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree76Likes

RC Crew Chief Software

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello Bob,

Just downloaded and purchased the software on a PC.

Had downloaded a trial months ago on an I-Pad. That version seemed to have more models available. Is that correct?
Old 07-26-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sfox1026
Hello Bob,

Just downloaded and purchased the software on a PC.

Had downloaded a trial months ago on an I-Pad. That version seemed to have more models available. Is that correct?
You need to go to the website and then download and install the models you want from the library. There are 58 different models to choose from there. This video shows how to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugsbUfH53F0

Also be sure to check out the "Videos" page on the website to help you get started.

You must have just been watching videos on your ipad as the program only works on windows OS. You would have been looking at the model selection I have in my copy. I have lots of different models loaded into my copy.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is there any consideration into developing this into an app for ipad?

I'm not a fan of lugging a laptop to the track instead of my ipad, and it would open up a very simple stream of customers I expect.

Not sure how hard it would be of course!
Old 08-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cplus
Is there any consideration into developing this into an app for ipad?

I'm not a fan of lugging a laptop to the track instead of my ipad, and it would open up a very simple stream of customers I expect.

Not sure how hard it would be of course!
Not that I disagree, but the current app is written in Visual Basic (or mostly VB), so to port it to Objective C would be a pretty huge undertaking. I suspect the more appropriate platform would be onto the web, so anywhere you have an internet connection (and a reasonable browser) you're in luck. Both of those would be several 100s of hours of work though, unless I'm missing something.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Erchn is spot on. I wish I could snap my fingers and port this over to iOS and android but realistically that isn't going to happen. I do plan on looking into converting it to a cloud app which is likely best solution.
Right now I run RC3 on my phone using a Remote Desktop app called TeamViewer. It's free and works well. I haven't tried it using a tablet but I would think that will work extremely well. Just have to leave your laptop on at home.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BobW
Erchn is spot on. I wish I could snap my fingers and port this over to iOS and android but realistically that isn't going to happen. I do plan on looking into converting it to a cloud app which is likely best solution.
Right now I run RC3 on my phone using a Remote Desktop app called TeamViewer. It's free and works well. I haven't tried it using a tablet but I would think that will work extremely well. Just have to leave your laptop on at home.
Something that may be worth looking at is Xamarin. I am contemplating redoing my hobby app to see how well it works.

Not sure how much income is generated, but it's $100 to become a developer for iOS and WP8. $25 to get your Android to the store. Plus you'll have to get a couple of Apple devices for development and testing. And some Android devices. So you'll be out a lot of money for unknown amount of sales.

Word of warning about iOS is that Apple *frequently* breaks their own APIs and change UI behavior, so once you have made an iOS app, expect to update it whenever they update iOS. And when you update you'll be forced to update xcode and maybe even osx etc etc.

iOS is also very restrictive about what you're allowed to touch, i.e. doing anything over USB is a big nono. Which is why you see companies like Tekin having Android only support. It's not that Tekin can't do it, it's because Apple won't let them.

There are lots of 7" android devices for <$100 (a couple of the guys at the track use them with my app no problem). And you can run tekin app on them as well, load it up with PDFs etc. But how does your program work at 7"?

No matter what, it'll be a lot of work... and for anything on iOS and xcode... frustration...
Old 08-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I love it though, I've never seen a serious r/c racer have less than 50lbs worth of stuff with them at the track, but the 4lb laptop is a big no-no I see a use for a mobile version, not sure the sales #s would support the effort though. I typically will work through some changes that I *think* will work on track, and jot down the values to try at the track.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

I do all my experimenting at home and once I have a good setup I will generally create a couple slight variations and then either print the setups or just leave my laptop on at home and then use the Remote Desktop to access them. I totally understand the not bring your laptop to the track thing. Pit space is usual a premium.
Try the "TeamViewer" Remote Desktop it's free and works from my iPhone.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks bob, I'll download teamviewer now.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello all,
Does anyone have the following 2 dimensions for an AE SC10/SC10.2/X-Factory SCX-60CF? I'm looking for King Pin Length and axel offset? Thanks. Any help is appreciated greatly.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Bob I emailed you a couple of files to test
Old 08-13-2014, 10:24 PM
Tech Initiate

What microsoft excel is to accountants this is to RC racers.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OrangeDirtLover
Hello all,
Does anyone have the following 2 dimensions for an AE SC10/SC10.2/X-Factory SCX-60CF? I'm looking for King Pin Length and axel offset? Thanks. Any help is appreciated greatly.
I'm starting to think car measurements are not something people share....
Old 08-16-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jfrancisco892
What microsoft excel is to accountants this is to RC racers.
Gotta like that quote.

Are you having trouble measuring it?. If yes send me an email and I'll help you sort it out.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Two new models uploaded to the Library

Schumacher Mi5evo - thanks to Think Elite Racing Products

AE RC10 B5 - thanks to Team Driver Jim Brown

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.