R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-22-2005, 09:41 PM   #91
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sac
GT RACER
Don't forget to post what you find out after you race this weekend.I would like to know if it is helpful or not being able to move the motor on the Sigma2.
sac
Personally I find that the mounting do not do much. Most of the Sigmas here are doing the backward motor mounting position.

I'm still quite new to touring car. So my setup of the car has limitations. If only there are more people running this car, then it'll be great.
GT Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:01 AM   #92
sac
Tech Regular

Evoracer and Jag88
I guess my part is done ,good luck with your deal for the Sigma Dino!
sac
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by sac
Evoracer and Jag88
I guess my part is done ,good luck with your deal for the Sigma Dino!
sac
Thanks my friend. Talked to Jag last night.Tracked him down through directory assistance and gave him a call. It's all good !!
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:57 AM   #94
sac
Tech Regular

Evoracer
Did you strike a deal yet with Jag88 for the Sigma and if you did ,when do expect to get it?Didn't you also say once that you were going to buy another used Sigma from someone else too ?
sac

The diff in the Sigma2 is new and easier to adjust no need to take out the axle!

Last edited by sac; 02-26-2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:53 AM   #95
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Deal isn't settled yet. Simple story....money come in, money go out...but not always for what we want. I've told Jag that if anyone else is in a better situation to buy it....go ahead and they're will be no hard feelings. If any of you guy's are interested in a Sigma 1 with a bunch of great hop ups......please let Jag88 know. His car has all the good stuff on it and from everything I've heard, Barry treats his equipment right.
BTW, For anyone interested in Kawada cars but maybe not ready for the Sigma...take a look at the Alcyon 2. I do have 2 of these and it's an excellent chassis. I'm actually getting some interest from newer drivers in our club who want alot of performance and value for 540 or stock class racing. The Alcyon has some marvelous, innovative features and is rock tough. Maybe Evolution Hobbies could start a thread about this car.

Regarding the Sigma diff adjustments.......Isn't this basically the same way the Xray diffs are adjusted?? I know this has always been one of the favorite features of those cars. Another nice feature incorporated in the Sigma.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:57 AM   #96
sac
Tech Regular

EVORACER
I know what you mean about the money thing ,but things could change and you may still be able to buy it soon!
As for the diff it is just one of many new upgrades on the Sigma2 over the Sigma1.The Sigma2 has many "big" changes to the suspension and alot of "little" changes like the diff's.

GT RACER
How did racing go this weekend?how did the Sigma2 go this weekend ,anything new to report?

sac

www.kawadaracing.com
www.kawadamodel.co.jp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ph_sigma2.jpg (8.4 KB, 128 views)
Old 02-28-2005, 02:06 AM   #97
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sac

GT RACER
How did racing go this weekend?how did the Sigma2 go this weekend ,anything new to report?

sac

www.kawadaracing.com
www.kawadamodel.co.jp
Sigh..... The race was a disaster. I think I made a big mistake by joining 2 classes (stock class and modified class). I have no time at all to check my cars after each run as I've to get ready to run the other car on another class.

The Sigma in stock setting runs very well in stock class. I'm quite amaze by the car's performance as I've not even ran a single pack on it before the race. The 1st heat of the race is my first run on the stock. I qualified A main 5th. But finish last on the final because of a bad accident that force me to retire.

As for the modified, didn't do well too. It's a long story. But I'll be trying out new setting to it to get the car to be more responsive and stable, and able to make fast and tight corners. I'm running a V2 David Spashett Ed. 8Tx2. Will post more development info when I have them.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:53 PM   #98
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone know how well the new gp3700 or ib3600 cells fit in the new sigma?
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:27 AM   #99
sac
Tech Regular

Bender
hows it been?
As for your questions will 3700 cell fit in the Sigma2 with the "new" style holder,i do believe so . If you look at some of the picture's posted by Kawada of the Sigma2 ,you will see GP3700's mounted in it.I think that was the idea of the new holders was for 3700's.They were already out in Japan during the early development stage's of the Sigma2 and they designed it with the 3700's in mind.

GT RACER
Sound like you had your hands full.Might be better off sticking to one class for now or buy a second Sigma2!!!Go with the class that you feel comfortable in first ,then move up.Are 8t motors popular in the mod class were you run?if not, try something like a 10t first .Then go to the 8t.In stock class is it 23t or 27t motors and what do you run?
Keep us informed.

sac
Old 03-01-2005, 07:38 AM   #100
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sac
GT RACER
Sound like you had your hands full.Might be better off sticking to one class for now or buy a second Sigma2!!!Go with the class that you feel comfortable in first ,then move up.Are 8t motors popular in the mod class were you run?if not, try something like a 10t first .Then go to the 8t.In stock class is it 23t or 27t motors and what do you run?
Keep us informed.

sac
Yeah. You're right. That'll be the first and last race that I'll run in 2 classes. 8T motor is the common ones. At some smaller track, we'll run 10t to 12t. Stock class here is 23t. I used a Kawada rebuildable stock motor. This motor is really fast. Much faster then some other brands. I can basically catch up with the guys in front along the straight.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:12 AM   #101
sac
Tech Regular

GT RACER

What version Kawada 23t do you run?I have talked to people who have run 23t(stock motor in Japan) and 19t(U.S spec motor) and they say that there 23t motors are faster.Have you found the same thing, 23t faster than 19t?
Do many people run the Kawada 23t motors were you are ?and what other brand 23t motors are popular?
just wondering
sac
Old 03-06-2005, 12:39 AM   #102
sac
Tech Regular

Anyone over in Japan heard anything about the new Kawada 27t stock motor yet?this motor should be able to run here in the U.S stock class ,it's not ROAR approved yet ,but should run in most club races as a outlaw stock motor.
GT RACER anything new to report?
For more info on the 27t just go to the link below.
www.kawadamodel.co.jp
Old 03-06-2005, 01:29 AM   #103
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Whats happened to the US Kawada website??
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:16 AM   #104
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hardadz
Default Kwada web site

Sorry Guys, I disabled the two sites for a couple of weeks while changing things around. It will be back up next weekend.
hardadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:00 AM   #105
sac
Tech Regular

Default new Kawada 27t

The new Kawada 27t motor is based on there popular VT 23t motor just with 27t armature in it ,with high silver brushes,cooling blades and DSE connectors.Should be released in Japan soon .If anybody from that area has any new's about this motor and the Sigma2 please post here!

GT racer
Anything new to report on the Sigma2 ?try anything new? and have you heard anything about the Kawada 's new 27t motor were you are from?

Evoracer
check the for sale section there is another Sigma1 for sale from Todb.

sac
picture of the 27t
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27t gt kawada.jpg (4.1 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by sac; 03-15-2005 at 01:06 AM.