R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-14-2005, 07:46 PM   #76
Tech Addict

sac: do you happen to know those Kawada people? Can you ask them to translate those few pages written in Japanese language in the manual? Really having a hard time trying to understand and analyze what they're trying to say. Thanks.
GT Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:13 AM   #77
sac
Tech Regular

GT RACER
I tried to download that page to this thread but it didn't work(i'am not the greatest with computer's anyway),so someone might be able to take the time to translate it ,and repost here on this thread.If you can help me out it would be great !
As for Kawada i have sent them emails to see if they would do it and post it on the english site at www.kawadamodel.co.jp no reponse yet!if you use a translater on that site and go to the highlight section on the Sigma2 ,you may get some of the information you want.I know the shock tower portion is on there.
The best thing to do is get as many people to send emails to kawada www.kawadamodel.co.jp and keep bugging them to do it.I think they will if the get enough emails.One worry is there translation by them may not be that great,but it will be better than nothing!
How is the Sigma2 coming ?getting it figured out ?
thanks
sac

Bender -that bullet is interesting,is the company still in bussiness and is that the only chassie they made?
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 05:47 PM   #78
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sac
GT RACER
I tried to download that page to this thread but it didn't work(i'am not the greatest with computer's anyway),so someone might be able to take the time to translate it ,and repost here on this thread.If you can help me out it would be great !
As for Kawada i have sent them emails to see if they would do it and post it on the english site at www.kawadamodel.co.jp no reponse yet!if you use a translater on that site and go to the highlight section on the Sigma2 ,you may get some of the information you want.I know the shock tower portion is on there.
The best thing to do is get as many people to send emails to kawada www.kawadamodel.co.jp and keep bugging them to do it.I think they will if the get enough emails.One worry is there translation by them may not be that great,but it will be better than nothing!
How is the Sigma2 coming ?getting it figured out ?
thanks
sac
No new discovery on the car yet cause I've been too busy with my work lately.

So how's the response on the car there? Are there many orders for it?
Old 02-17-2005, 12:46 AM   #79
sac
Tech Regular

GT RACER
Interest for the Sigma2 has been high,the first shipment for the U.S distributor is just about sold out and should be here soon!I think more and more people are looking for other choice's and companies like Kawada,xray,corally,tech-racing(415) are worth looking at and i think more people are starting to agree.
As for Kawada they make a great product and the people that have Kawada know how good it is and it's just a matter of time before the rest will!just my opinion.
A friend of mine with the Sigma1 that decided to put the oneway in the rear ,has come back and said he really likes how the car handles and is going to keep it that way for now.
Might want to try it on the Sigma2 ?
Don't forget to post information when you get some on the Sigma2.
sac
Old 02-17-2005, 12:58 AM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by sac

Bender -that bullet is interesting,is the company still in bussiness and is that the only chassie they made?
Sorry, don't know, but I assume they aren't in business anymore. They also made a Nitro version of the Bullet but other than that I'm not sure about any other cars.

Quote:
Interest for the Sigma2 has been high,the first shipment for the U.S distributor is just about sold out and should be here soon!
Wow, thats surprising, I would've thought the price was too high to sell many kits initially. Things might slow down when the new xray is out - it's price is the same.
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 05:23 AM   #81
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sac
GT RACER
A friend of mine with the Sigma1 that decided to put the oneway in the rear ,has come back and said he really likes how the car handles and is going to keep it that way for now.
Might want to try it on the Sigma2 ?
sac
How about the front? Is it with a oneway, or a ball diff?
Old 02-17-2005, 12:28 PM   #82
Tech Master

If you run one-ways both front and rear then you'll have no brakes! It means that off power the drivetrain is effectively isolated from the wheels therefore the car will roll on for a long time.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:55 PM   #83
sac
Tech Regular

GT RACER
He uses a ball diff in the front and one-way in the rear.

Bender
It may slow down sales, but the ones that want Xray's, are waiting for the new one and the ones that want something different are going for companies like Kawada and the other's that i listed.
By the way ,and you may be surprised ,not everyone wants a xray,it's a great car. but there are many great cars out there including Kawada.No matter what the price is,just my opinion!
sac
Old 02-17-2005, 09:13 PM   #84
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sac
GT RACER
By the way ,and you may be surprised ,not everyone wants a xray,it's a great car. but there are many great cars out there including Kawada.No matter what the price is,just my opinion!
sac
i agree with you sac. branded cars may not be good or better than brands that are less popular. and you pay a lot of premium on the brand itself.

what you're paying for a less popular brand is more on its r & d, it may not be cheap but it's worth the money.

what if a tamiya 415 is an entire new car developed by themself (and not one that's revised from another manufacturer)? guess what kind of price you'll be paying? who knows? it's up to the individual to think on this.

just my 2 cents
Old 02-18-2005, 01:56 AM   #85
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by sac
GT RACER
He uses a ball diff in the front and one-way in the rear.

Bender
It may slow down sales, but the ones that want Xray's, are waiting for the new one and the ones that want something different are going for companies like Kawada and the other's that i listed.
sac
I don't disagree about the Kawada being a great car, because it certainly is, and I don't want to bring the cost thing back up, but....

There is a big risk in paying a lot of money for a car that wont have any sort of factory/team support. If you run any of the cars from major manufacturers then at the very least you have available to you a wealth of setup information from the internet or even from top drivers at your local track.

If you're driving a Kawada (and other rare cars as well) then you are effectively a "one-man team". That's okay if you are an expert on tuning cars but in reality, most of us struggle at times to get our cars working their best, and that's when running a rarer car is going to be a disadvantage.

My point about the cars cost is simply that if you make it cheaper than the other high-end cars, then drivers may be more willing to say "I don't care if I'm in a one-man team, at that price I'm going to get one!"

I suppose the bottom line is how much money do you want to spend to be different? Since I love running "oddball" cars it looks like my answer to the question is $370
Old 02-21-2005, 12:56 AM   #86
sac
Tech Regular

GT RACER

Have you had a chance to try moving the motor position the 7mm to see if it makes a big difference?is the car starting to get more interest from the other driver's?
sac

www.kawadaracing.com
www.kawadamodel.co.jp
Old 02-21-2005, 06:24 AM   #87
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sac
GT RACER

Have you had a chance to try moving the motor position the 7mm to see if it makes a big difference?is the car starting to get more interest from the other driver's?
sac

www.kawadaracing.com
www.kawadamodel.co.jp
Yes. I've tried both position. Initially, I've set the mounting to be 7mm forward. Apparently, this car has SO much steering that I moved it backward. Seems that the backward position has more stability. I'll keep to this position until after my race this weekend and will start to further test the different settings.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:59 AM   #88
sac
Tech Regular

GT RACER
Don't forget to post what you find out after you race this weekend.I would like to know if it is helpful or not being able to move the motor on the Sigma2.

Evoracer
If you read this ,yes i got your PM and i emailed your phone number to the person you asked me too.Let me know if you hear from him! also if you end up buying his Sigma from him!

sac
Old 02-22-2005, 08:13 AM   #89
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sac ,I got your email. I see that Evoracer is back online. I asked him to email me. This deal is taking way too long !
Thanks.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:08 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Barry, still can't e-mail. What, no PM?? I asked sac to pass on my phone number. Feel free to call. No use wasting space on this thread.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote