R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-04-2005, 12:54 AM   #31
sac
Tech Regular

GT RACER
Great !! atleast it was something simple.Don't forget to post your results and further findings on the Sigma2 ,after your club race on sunday.Anymore people were you run interested in getting a Sigma2?
here something to think about ,i know someone who is running a front diff and REAR ONE-WAY and he like's how the car performs (the car is a Sigma1).Not sure you could do this in a "ROAR" event.but in a club race you may be able too!I'am sure there are other's trying it .but he is the first that i know.
later
sac
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:53 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by sac
here something to think about ,i know someone who is running a front diff and REAR ONE-WAY and he like's how the car performs (the car is a Sigma1).Not sure you could do this in a "ROAR" event.
Thats something I tried many years ago in off road, works very well if you like the way the car works with this setup.

My question is why wouldn't you be allowed to do this under ROAR rules? Surely there isn't a rule which prevents you from running one-ways in the back
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:32 AM   #33
sac
Tech Regular

bender
I am not sure either ,i know in some ROAR events they did'nt allow front oneway's .As for the rear, i will have to look into it to see if there is a rule not allowing rear oneway.If anybody reading this thread knows about a rule please let us know.
sac

www.kawadaracing.com
Old 02-04-2005, 10:23 AM   #34
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sac
GT RACER
Great !! atleast it was something simple.Don't forget to post your results and further findings on the Sigma2 ,after your club race on sunday.Anymore people were you run interested in getting a Sigma2?
here something to think about ,i know someone who is running a front diff and REAR ONE-WAY and he like's how the car performs (the car is a Sigma1).Not sure you could do this in a "ROAR" event.but in a club race you may be able too!I'am sure there are other's trying it .but he is the first that i know.
later
sac
I'll post more stuff here after my club race. It's quite a tough race tough. A few fast drivers. There's even a AE factory driver in it.

Anyway, just wanna gain more experience and learn more from those fast drivers. That's the way to improve.
GT Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:01 AM   #35
Tech Fanatic

GT Racer, I'll take your car out for a spin tomorrow yeah?
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:02 AM   #36
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Entropy
GT Racer, I'll take your car out for a spin tomorrow yeah?
No Problem bro!
GT Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:59 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan
Talking

All this pics being posted of the Sigma2 had me open an old box and rekindle my love for the original. Been working on this for the past two days... first time to run this weekend... only for testing of course...

Good question though... are the new parts for the 2 compatible with the 1? I'm digging the sways and pulley covers on the 2...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg taob_exotic.jpg (174.5 KB, 199 views)
Old 02-05-2005, 01:10 AM   #38
sac
Tech Regular

eeyan
great to see another Sigma owner out there,don't forget to post your comments here after you get a chance to run it,or even post more picture's.
As for part's between the Sigma1 to the Sigma2 ,most parts will interchange but if you switch to Sigma2 parts ,you may have to get more than just the replacement part to finish the switch.The biggest difference between the two are the suspension parts.
Depending what you are running now,you will be surprised how well the Sigma goes.You will have to do a little work to mount the caps and bar's on a Sigma1 ,but i think you can do it.

GT RACER
Have fun sunday ,don't let those AE guys push you around..
sac
Old 02-05-2005, 06:27 AM   #39
Tech Master

It's just a pity that such an excellent car like this seems to be overpriced. I mean, $370 US with no titanium turnbuckles, and no sway bars!? Compare that to what you get in other similar and cheaper) tourers.

Considering those parts are probably the only thing the car lacks - and they're not too expensive to produce - they should've included them in the kits IMO.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:06 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Useless post that I came back to and edited. Sorry

Last edited by Evoracer; 02-05-2005 at 10:05 PM.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 04:36 PM   #41
Tech Master

Very long rant that went on and on. Removed as it detracts from the purpose of this thread

Last edited by bender; 02-06-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #42
Tech Elite

And yet another long winded post that I came back to and edited.

Last edited by Evoracer; 02-05-2005 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:04 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan

I got interested in this thread because of the sigma 2 pics and info... but these last posts are turn offs... Good thing I can resist reading long posts...
Old 02-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #44
Tech Master

Eeyan - since it appears you own both an EvoIV and a 415 (from reding your signature) then you certainly don't have anything to worry about - The Sigma 2 is more than a match for those cars in terms of value for money!

Evoracer - I certainly agree with you about the TC4, they've skimped on the "good gear" to lower the price - so in the end the car is gonna cost a lot! But it is AE, they have many followers with racers, they can release any piece of crap and it will still sell

I don't believe Kawada have skimped on quality, I know they make better plastic type components that just about anyone out there, I'm saying that perhaps they could've thrown a few more "must have items" in order to boost the value for money - this may make racers take the chance on this lesser known car, rather than simply buy a Pro4 or Xray like everyone else.

I HAD forgotten about the weaker US dollar, so for sure, that is also causing some problems with keeping cars at a fair price - perhaps we will see large increases from other manufacturers when they release their newest cars

For anyone considering the Sigma 2, you can be guaranteed that:

* The transmission is the most efficient belt drive around
* The plastics mouldings/quality is excellent
* The overall design shows a lot more intelligence than simply cloning the Tech Racing tourer, which is what has been happening over the last few years.

Finally, heres a pic showing the Sigma1 and 2 side by side:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kawada_800x600.jpg (126.6 KB, 162 views)
Old 02-05-2005, 09:52 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Eeyan, you made a good point. I went back and got rid of the long posts. The purpose of this thread is to enjoy this car. Thanks for getting me back on track. BTW, when you get your Sigma 1 up and running, how about sharing some setup tips. I'm buying 2 used Sigma 1's and it seems all the setups on the site are in Japanese. I have a friend who can interpret them but it will take time.
Bender, well put my friend. I hope this puts us on better terms. You can be sure of one thing; I'll do my best to spread the word about this manufacturer. I have 2 of their cars now and intend to have more. Does anyone down your way have any experience with Kawada?? Do you have access to them through a local shop??

Last edited by Evoracer; 02-05-2005 at 10:11 PM.