R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Interested in an on-road car - Need advice or help.

I am not new to the RC hobby as I am familiar with the dirt side. However, I was at my local track the other day and they have a carpet track and I was watching some of the guys zip around the track. It piqued my interest to say the least.

However, I have no clue what it was they were driving - I do know that they were 4wd though. So, let me just start by asking for some recommendations for a new guy possibly wanting to dabble with an on-road car.

I think that I would want a touring car that is 4wd. What are some good 4wd touring car options? Something affordable? What are some brands and models to look for? Looking for suggestions. That is the hard part for me as I don't know the model names to even google on.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdutcher View Post
I am not new to the RC hobby as I am familiar with the dirt side. However, I was at my local track the other day and they have a carpet track and I was watching some of the guys zip around the track. It piqued my interest to say the least.

However, I have no clue what it was they were driving - I do know that they were 4wd though. So, let me just start by asking for some recommendations for a new guy possibly wanting to dabble with an on-road car.

I think that I would want a touring car that is 4wd. What are some good 4wd touring car options? Something affordable? What are some brands and models to look for? Looking for suggestions. That is the hard part for me as I don't know the model names to even google on.

Thanks!
Check with the local guys an see what they are running and check with the local shops to see what kinds of parts they carry.

That being said the best bang for the buck is the sakura zero s. Its a great car out of the box and is very affordable to upgrade. We are lucky here because our shop stocks parts for it but most of the time parts need to be ordered. It is by far the cheapest option for a new chassis that is competitive. It will keep up with the associated xray and tamiya cars no problem.
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6376vette View Post
Check with the local guys an see what they are running and check with the local shops to see what kinds of parts they carry.

That being said the best bang for the buck is the sakura zero s. Its a great car out of the box and is very affordable to upgrade. We are lucky here because our shop stocks parts for it but most of the time parts need to be ordered. It is by far the cheapest option for a new chassis that is competitive. It will keep up with the associated xray and tamiya cars no problem.
Thanks for the info on the Sakura. I have since done some searching on that car. It looks really nice and very affordable. That looks like a great place to start.