R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-28-2002, 09:20 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tfrahm
Inserts for ProLine 1095H13s?

OK -- Serious problem for me... On the local parking lot racing scene, my TC3 really handles well with ProLine 1095H13 tires (24mm)... In the past, this was no problem, because I could use the JACO inserts (PL2450 or PL2451).

NOW, however, this is a problem as the divorce between ProLine and JACO has caused JACO to halt production of these inserts!

I live in the middle of nowhere (central Missouri), and the only other inserts which even come close are Yokomo ZR-037(F or M), but they are too "big". The Yok inserts are larger in diameter than the tires! It is possible to work the Yok inserts into the tires, but then the tire bead will NOT "seat" on the rims -- NO JOY!

So... What inserts WILL FIT...?

HELP!

Please note -- this is not a debate about the TIRES, as I know there are others out there, but I need inserts for THESE tires...

Thanks in advance.
Biff Racing Team #420 (Ah... The "good old days"...)
The local indoor Offroad Track: The RC Race Barn
TLR22-3.0, TLR22T-2.0, TLR22SCT-1.0
tfrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 09:32 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Schumacher USA carried some thin Echo inserts in a couple compounds. Give them a call and see if they still have them in stock. Also you can get Yokomo zr-139m and f inserts which are thinner then the 137's. You can try cutting a couple mm's out the the insert and reglue it so the Dia. is smaller for the proline tires. Hope this helps.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 10:30 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Schumacher still has the inserts. The Echo inserts make the H13's get around any track about 3-4/10th's faster than Jaco inserts. We know, we ran them 2 years at the Reedy races and at 16 racers over 2 years in the Florida state series (So did most of the invitaional field at the Reedy H13 races).
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 11:40 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Default Re: Inserts for ProLine 1095H13s?

Quote:
Originally posted by tfrahm
I live in the middle of nowhere (central Missouri), and the only other inserts which even come close are Yokomo ZR-037(F or M), but they are too "big". The Yok inserts are larger in diameter than the tires! It is possible to work the Yok inserts into the tires, but then the tire bead will NOT "seat" on the rims -- NO JOY![/B]
Uhmmmm.

When I use H13's I use Yokomo ZR-037 inserts, but if you think that they don't fit ok, you can give a try to the Yokomo 039's ones or possibly to Sorex 'B' Type inserts (warning, this one gives you a full packed tyre).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 12:26 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Yeah, you might give Sorex's thin inserts a try, maybe they'll fit ok(not really sure, though never heard of anyone having a problem like that).....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 09:04 AM   #6
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to tfrahm
Default Re: Re: Inserts for ProLine 1095H13s?

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R

Uhmmmm.

When I use H13's I use Yokomo ZR-037 inserts, but if you think that they don't fit ok, you can give a try to the Yokomo 039's ones or possibly to Sorex 'B' Type inserts (warning, this one gives you a full packed tyre).
Very interesting that the ZR-037's work for you...? When I tried them on ProLine rims, the first clue is that the insert is larger in outside diameter than the tires, and larger in inside diameter than the rims -- signs of a problem. Then, when I finally managed (took some time) to work the inserts into the tires, and put the tires on the rims, the outer bead of the tire would not "seat" into the bead are of the rim -- there was about 1-2 mm gap between the tire and the rim all the way around. It seemed possible to force the tire down onto the rim, but I couldn't find a way to that uniformly all the way around (maybe a heavy duty rubber band or ???). It looked like it might work if you could just get the tire down onto the rim's bead area...

Hmmm...
Biff Racing Team #420 (Ah... The "good old days"...)
The local indoor Offroad Track: The RC Race Barn
TLR22-3.0, TLR22T-2.0, TLR22SCT-1.0
tfrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 12:47 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Inserts for ProLine 1095H13s?

Quote:
Originally posted by tfrahm

Very interesting that the ZR-037's work for you...? [...] (maybe a heavy duty rubber band or ???). It looked like it might work if you could just get the tire down onto the rim's bead area...
Yep! but, a little secret, like you said ZR 037's are a little larger, then, you need to count with this and use a degree softer than you think to use: (If you think on mediums - M - go for an S) Ever I carry to the races two complete sets of 037 's' and 'm' and ever I used without any problem. For gluing the tyre, wrap a rubber band around the tyre and glue throroughly, when all the tyre is glued, wrap a little wire of CA around the tyre bead - Don't looks good but never I suffered a tyre problem on a heat.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote