Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 02:55 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up Game changer

Coming soon from GForce is the Rev Limiter module to limit the maximum RPM of electric brushless motors. Looped between the motor, controller and receiver the device limits the maximum RPM of sensored brushless motors in four steps between 10,000 and 17,000 RPM. Micro switches and status LEDs help to check the setting, making the module ideal to equalise the performance of brushless motors for entry level and stock racing classes. The 2S LiPo-compatible Rev Limiter comes in a lightweight case, it measures 22x15x10mm and comes pre-wired with universal connectors and including a sensor wire.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-image.jpg  
Old 12-12-2014, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
Coming soon from GForce is the Rev Limiter module to limit the maximum RPM of electric brushless motors. Looped between the motor, controller and receiver the device limits the maximum RPM of sensored brushless motors in four steps between 10,000 and 17,000 RPM. Micro switches and status LEDs help to check the setting, making the module ideal to equalise the performance of brushless motors for entry level and stock racing classes. The 2S LiPo-compatible Rev Limiter comes in a lightweight case, it measures 22x15x10mm and comes pre-wired with universal connectors and including a sensor wire.
Veddddy interesting.... I wonder if the Tamiya TCS Mini guys know about this little thing yet.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I think this would be a great thing for a "Novice/sportsman" VTA or TC class. But I definately would not want it as part of the current VTA class.

However this could be the crack in the door for which all that want an open motor in USVTA. Because with that little gem added into the mix... well I think you get the idea.

My question is how does it work? Does it limit voltage, or does it cut throttle input at a set RPM. If it limits voltage, then that will affect acceration and thats not good. If it cuts throttle input back, thats nots so bad. But again for the time being USVTA is doing great the way it is. This thing would be just another added cost.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Here ya go: You can run the Novak motor without a rev limiter or you can run any other 25.5 with the rev limited set to x rpm...

Of course, x would be below Novaks max.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
I think this would be a great thing for a "Novice/sportsman" VTA or TC class. But I definately would not want it as part of the current VTA class.

However this could be the crack in the door for which all that want an open motor in USVTA. Because with that little gem added into the mix... well I think you get the idea.

My question is how does it work? Does it limit voltage, or does it cut throttle input at a set RPM. If it limits voltage, then that will affect acceration and thats not good. If it cuts throttle input back, thats nots so bad. But again for the time being USVTA is doing great the way it is. This thing would be just another added cost.
Then the "motor of the week" race will focus on torque at the max RPM limit.

If you add an FDR limit to the RPM limiter, then it would work.

But the same guys will still win; they're better at setting up their cars and driving.
Mark
Old 12-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scirocco14
But the same guys will still win; they're better at setting up their cars and driving.
Amen.

My letter to Santa: Please bring me that setup station I've been wanting for the past year along with that bag of skill I desperately need.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scirocco14
If you add an FDR limit to the RPM limiter, then it would work.
Then people would have to learn how to setup and drive a car ..... nah lets just keep trying to slow them down to the speed of paint drying.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Default first VTA race.

Hey,...

I just wanted to say I had a great day yesterday running VTA for the first time! Had an absolute blast!
Took my old MI4LP up to Makokuda, Iowa. Nice club. Nice track and nice people. Was nice to just go and have fun.
Thanks to all there (Fasttracksrc)

Had some trouble getting the car to the min' weight of 1550g ! Managed it by adding an 150g plate to the chassis.
Great fun driving these cars.

Regards
BM
Old 12-15-2014, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

where in makokuda iowa is vta racing being held at I to live in the qca but didn't know of any carpet track in makokuda
Old 12-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

They run at the old fairgrounds just off highway 20. About an hour or so from QC. The magority who turned up Sunday ran VTA and the other similar class ....USGT is it? Excuse my ignorance of electric racing, not done it very often at all!!
The next race is in two weeks time...... They also run Oval on Wednesdays. They are talking about having an on road day on 1st of the 1st too.
I wont be able to go to either of them unfortunately.

Regards
BM
Old 12-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

british menace I believe I know you we raced at twin bridges together we both run Schumacher's along with chris and Bernie. twin bridges back in the good ole days of qc racing I am sorry its long sence past.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have the GForce Motor Analyzer. While testing all of my motors I remembered I had an old 25.5 Ballistic that I used to run USVTA with. It was always lacking compared to my son's ( and most other ) motors at Thunder. Upon checking the total timing I found that with the bell set at 45* the meter showed an actual timing of 39*. It took moving the bell sticker all the way past the notch to achieve 45*. I finally figured out why it alwats took a higher FDR for me to keep up.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:37 AM
Tech Initiate

BM........You were not racing in makokuda iowa (Maquoketa, IA), you were in Dubuque, IA.
But I am glad you had fun and hope to see you there in the future.

http://www.dfrcr.com/
Old 12-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by user1
BM........You were not racing in makokuda iowa (Maquoketa, IA), you were in Dubuque, IA.
But I am glad you had fun and hope to see you there in the future.

http://www.dfrcr.com/
oh crap. Your right. Getting my towns mixed up. Sorry. Poor spelling too ....

Anyway. I do hope to come down again in the new year.

Regards
BM
Old 12-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mojo 309
british menace I believe I know you we raced at twin bridges together we both run Schumacher's along with chris and Bernie. twin bridges back in the good ole days of qc racing I am sorry its long sence past.
Sorry. Not sure who you are but I do remember racing at Twin Bridges some time ago.
Chris still has his Schumacher too.

I guess I got the town wrong. It was in Dubuque, IA. At the Fairgrounds there.

Regards
BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.