Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ROAR and other sanctioning bodies

Items become "APPROVED" and then later "DISALLOWED". Reads to me like the approval process is broken.

If a manufacturer submits their product for approval and has a history of altering/changes its integrity, the manufacturer puts themselves at risk.

A mutual agreement between the manufacturer and the ruling body regarding the product submitted should quash future altering/changes of that specific product or be banned from submitting future products for approval.

If the manufacturer wants to alters the product it should have to resubmit their "version 2".

Lastly, the product being submitted should include the item with any and all tools (cards) that affect the product.

Race Tech is only a policing of the products according to the body of rules the race falls under. Race Tech should be completed by that body or a representative schooled by the body. I have run in several ROAR or sanctioned events and yet to have my motor tore down or even the esc viewed for blinky mode. Frankly, I usually see the cream of the crop still on the podium and have faith their integrity exists (and reason I end up in the B Main due to my own driving limitations).

I just hope my HW isnt disallowed from VTA otherwise I am off to the hobby shop for another guessing game of esc choices and wondering how long it will be APPROVED.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
any you're proven this?!?!?!! I know on my HW, the only software options available to me, are the 508_nontiming versions
The one time someone was successfully able to download timing profile software to a Justock, it appeared to work, but really didn't.

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
It is probably a xtreme stock board in the Justock but i dont think so as the factory deosnt make that mistake .As for the firmware being unlocked as that doesnt happen either and even if it did the cpu on the justock just doesnt have enough in/outs to cater for turbo firmware .
Originally Posted by Bappe
(im Hatebreed, that was my old forum name..)

me and Gillblade bought our justocks as soon as they were released so that one cant be a copy

however i havent seen or heard of any more turbo friendly justocks so his must have been a very uniqe "accident"

he tried his justock and 120a back to back with the same turbo firmware, and for some reason the motors got REALLY hot with the justock so his just running it with no timing now, as it should be run
Old 05-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just for grins I hooked up my HW Just Stock to my LED Programming box to see what software was in the ESC. V3_508_no timing Took even less time that I posted earlier and would have been quicker if I didn't have to go get my reading glasses to see which way to plug the ESC wire into the box
Old 05-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Rookie

This is the brain board that plugs into a GTB2

Here are Novak's instructions for changing out the brain board.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by regets ama
Items become "APPROVED" and then later "DISALLOWED". Reads to me like the approval process is broken.

If a manufacturer submits their product for approval and has a history of altering/changes its integrity, the manufacturer puts themselves at risk.

A mutual agreement between the manufacturer and the ruling body regarding the product submitted should quash future altering/changes of that specific product or be banned from submitting future products for approval.

If the manufacturer wants to alters the product it should have to resubmit their "version 2".

Lastly, the product being submitted should include the item with any and all tools (cards) that affect the product.

Race Tech is only a policing of the products according to the body of rules the race falls under. Race Tech should be completed by that body or a representative schooled by the body. I have run in several ROAR or sanctioned events and yet to have my motor tore down or even the esc viewed for blinky mode. Frankly, I usually see the cream of the crop still on the podium and have faith their integrity exists (and reason I end up in the B Main due to my own driving limitations).

I just hope my HW isnt disallowed from VTA otherwise I am off to the hobby shop for another guessing game of esc choices and wondering how long it will be APPROVED.
I'm swapping my HW out for a Novak Edge. It appears to be the only, still for sale, speedo with no controversy.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
Unless you modify the timing end of the motor, the 25.5 D3.5 timing is limited to 20 degrees and at that timing its a dog compared to other motors unless you run a very big pinion and a really small spur. If you modify the end bell so the timing ring can rotate to 40 degrees, it really comes to life, but that modification is most likely illegal and why I'm not using that motor.
Nope, any D3.5 is at 30 degrees at the zero mark. moving it to the +20 gives total of 50 degrees. it's the same with my 2- D3.5 17.5.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdwilliams1
I'm swapping my HW out for a Novak Edge. It appears to be the only, still for sale, speedo with no controversy.
Shoot me a pm. I'll take the HW off your hands if you want to get rid of it. No plans to switch for me at this moment, need an ESC for my second car.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdwilliams1
Speed Passion Reventon Club Stock work for me.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hopefully for everyone posting this week, there is some good USVTA or ROAR VTA racing at a track near you that you can enjoy this weekend. If not...find a few buddies, an empty parking lot, and lots of smiles.

And please share any photos, pics, track links, stories of all the great VTA racing going on around the country.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Hopefully for everyone posting this week, there is some good USVTA or ROAR VTA racing at a track near you that you can enjoy this weekend. If not...find a few buddies, an empty parking lot, and lots of smiles.

And please share any photos, pics, track links, stories of all the great VTA racing going on around the country.
Will be going out tonight for some VTA.
Here is some racing from last week at my local track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JtQX1jLDHg
Old 05-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Abendor79
This is the brain board that plugs into a GTB2

Here are Novak's instructions for changing out the brain board.
Is it possible to buy just the boards for the ESCs? Pretty easy to change them out.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mschumi101
Is it possible to buy just the boards for the ESCs? Pretty easy to change them out.
Hi mschumi, the boards are no longer available to buy from Novak. The newest Novak ESC's (like the Pulse and the Crusher) come with the board in them.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DarthRacer
Will be going out tonight for some VTA.
Here is some racing from last week at my local track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JtQX1jLDHg
What motors are u guys running? Didnt look very quick on the straight. 25.5? Or 21.5? And nice track facility. Nice tri oval! Wish we had something like that up here in western wa near seattle. Maybe one day lol
Old 05-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default vta pics, "distressed" paint work by Rockstar Paints

a few pics of my vta painted by M Jones of Rockstar Paints, He drove it to the overall Champ of the USVTA Indoor Carpet Nats Triple Crown series 2013-2104 with his own Javelin Camel paint scheme.

Last edited by regets ama; 05-13-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by regets ama
a few pics of my vta painted by M Jones of Rockstar Paints, He drove it to the overall Champ of the USVTA Indoor Carpet Nats Triple Crown series 2013-2104 with his own Javelin Camel paint scheme.
Javelin with the Old Milwaukee decals, ha! I got one of my own
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-j71-vta.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.