Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Old 05-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
I would come back to vta if someone came out with the 67 dart
I think USVTA would get a lot more interest if more of the old series cars became 'magically' available
Old 05-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by RaceDayHobbies
There are pictures on google images of Robert Hampton's 1969 Barracuda Fastback. It is not on the list but obviously raced. I would love someone to make a body of that car.
Originally Posted by k_bojar
Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
I would come back to vta if someone came out with the 67 dart
I think USVTA would get a lot more interest if more of the old series cars became 'magically' available
+1
Try posting your suggestions in this thread-->http://www.rctech.net/forum/team-com...ce-bodies.html
Originally Posted by EricPF
Hey Racers,

Feel free to post comments or questions about PROTOform products in this thread. We'd also love to hear from you about what products you'd like to see from us in the future.

Thanks!
It can get the attention of the Epp Family (owners of PROTOform). Also if you can get your hands on a scale model (e.g. smaller die-cast model or plastic model) of the car you are interested in and send it to Eric Epp, it will surely help him with making a CAD model in his computer. That's how the PROTOform 1971 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am was created.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk
... So now it sounds like I may have to piss everyone off and take it off the list....
Please let us know when ur planning on banning the Justock from USVTA rules, with several big races coming up in our area and the Justock being a popular ESC it would be nice to know ahead of time so we dont become cheaters
Old 05-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Modified bodies

One of the local racers came back from the Nats at Winthrop Harbor with some disturbing news. He stated that the fast guys are cutting a vertical section out of the middle of their bodies and chopping the tops to lower the cg of their body and reducing the frontal area. This would reduce the aero drag and lower the overall car cg. He stated they were considered legal because the body was trimmed on the molded body line. I hope that is not true. If it is legal to do that, then I guess people will have to go out and buy Computational Fluid Dynamic software and learn how to use it. That way they can work on the aero dynamics of their car. That or build small wind tunnels and instrument the table for drag and down force. Would someone that was there please confirm that cut, and reglued, bodies are legal or not.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT
Please let us know when ur planning on banning the Justock from USVTA rules, with several big races coming up in our area and the Justock being a popular ESC it would be nice to know ahead of time so we dont become cheaters
Supposedly Hobbywing is replacing the Justock "any moment now" with a new zero timing ESC anyway....

Does the firmware flash actually add timing to the Justock? or is the concern just in the flash ability itself?
Old 05-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdwilliams1
Supposedly Hobbywing is replacing the Justock "any moment now" with a new zero timing ESC anyway....

Does the firmware flash actually add timing to the Justock? or is the concern just in the flash ability itself?
more of the fact that it CAN be flashed - the only firmware that can be loaded is the non-timing version, so its not necessarily timing, just that it can be flashed

which kinda sucks, because I just got one for my USVTA
Old 05-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

My question is- if no timing is added, what is the real difference? So maybe an updated profile is "smoother" or has a better "feel", or the brakes are more progressive (or whatever), but if no timing is added then it's not exactly going to be faster, correct? I'm not trying to stir the pot, I just want to know why it makes the ESC a no-no to use.

Also, I'm not disputing whether or not we should be able to use blinky speed controls. Purely trying discuss why a timing-blocked esc with firmware updates is an issue.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cdwilliams1

no, you cant upload any timing software.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar

which kinda sucks, because I just got one for my USVTA
maybe usvta will offer a trade-in program for a novak, when we bought our justocks they were(still are) usvta legal, not our fault usvta changes there mind 2 years later and decides its illegal even though HW did not change anything with the esc ...

all this sounds really familiar doesn't it
Old 05-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

One of the local racers came back from the Nats at Winthrop Harbor with some disturbing news. He stated that the fast guys are cutting a vertical section out of the middle of their bodies and chopping the tops to lower the cg of their body and reducing the frontal area. This would reduce the aero drag and lower the overall car cg. He stated they were considered legal because the body was trimmed on the molded body line. I hope that is not true. If it is legal to do that, then I guess people will have to go out and buy Computational Fluid Dynamic software and learn how to use it. That way they can work on the aero dynamics of their car. That or build small wind tunnels and instrument the table for drag and down force. Would someone that was there please confirm that cut, and reglued, bodies are legal or not.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The Justock is a blinky only ESC. You can't flash anything else onto it.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

So do you know if any of those guys running cut/reglued/modified bodies ended up in the A-Main? My guess is they spent more time doctoring up their bodies, less time getting practice laps down, and ended up in C-Main at best.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

sounds like one of berts how to go fast ideas
Old 05-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default rules for usvta

while your deciding to change rules for esc, why don't you lower the weight rule down to 1500 grams, not to many people use older chassis, and if they do the typically have to add tons of weight to get to 1550 grams. you based your decision on the weight because this would allow people with old chassis to be just as competitive as guys with newer chassis, how many racers you know run older chassis. do they have to add weight. just saying
Old 05-02-2014, 03:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

For those that want rule changes: Just run USGT, you can run the same VTA body, less weight, more open esc and battery....basically all the rules you are asking for

At my track most guys run TC3 or TC4

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.