Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by robk
There will never be a perfect set of rules that makes everybody happy. If they had directions for all situations down to what kind of body clips you will be allowed to use, 1/2 the people will leave. The other half will leave if any motor any rotor any speed control is allowed.

But let me say this:
You also need some common sense. That will help you as well when you come up with a situation. Like, if you somebody extends the front air dam back to the body so it doesn't get ripped off in one weekend. Does this make any difference to performance? No Does it make the car look bad? No, so just carry on and have fun.
1. For a perfect example of a clearly defined rule set; you may want to take a look at the TCS rules. Everyone whom I've spoken with has never had a problem with them. Those rules leave very little if any room for interpretation.

2. I AM having fun.......only because I have stopped running VTA and GT. So by all means; keep up the good work!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by FauxMako
That Challenger is awesome looking. More detailed pics please.
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
That is a very nice paint job. The Camaro is as well but that Challenger just pops.
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
What do the letters stand for on this body? Oh, don't forget to post them in the VTA Paint thread here on RCTech (http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...sion-only.html)

I really like the creative use off the offset stripe. Too bad you didn't post it sitting on a TC3 box. I still have my original TC3 Racer kit box. I probably also have a few area 51 decals for that kit somewhere.
S1 stands for my tag name "SaneOne". Thanks for all the compliments, I'll post these in the other thread too.

Last edited by saneone; 12-04-2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Additional quotes.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hexonox
1. For a perfect example of a clearly defined rule set; you may want to take a look at the TCS rules. Everyone whom I've spoken with has never had a problem with them. Those rules leave very little if any room for interpretation.

2. I AM having fun.......only because I have stopped running VTA and GT. So by all means; keep up the good work!!!!
They must not have raced TCS very much. The TCS rules change every year there is not much stability with them aside from the class names. And every year the rules come out racers always have 1000 questions about them. They are far from as cut as dry as you were lead to believe. Most TCS racers just accept the rules and enjoy the racing they provide. Im not sure why with VTA guys feel the need to try to get the rules to fit their needs rather then just follow the rules and accept them for the way they are. If you or anyone else have any questions about the rules RobK is the president of the USVTA he will give you any advice you need with any rules. If you dont get the reply or response you want maybe its not the rule thats the problem.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

i agree. The rules do change every year to allow for changes in their production; parts availability and technology. The difference when those changes are made; they are publicized and held to the letter of that rule set. As far as where the "problem" may lay? that was addressed at point #2
Old 12-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

i agree. The rules do change every year to allow for changes in their production; parts availability and technology. The difference when those changes are made; they are publicized and held to the letter of that rule set. As far as where the "problem" may lay? that was addressed at point #2
then why bother posting here? just enjoy stirring the pot?
Old 12-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

So if you have stopped running VTA why are you following and posting in this thread. Just like Myron said, if your going to bash something do it elsewhere. Its people like you that prevent people from getting into this class because you post stupid things like the thread you started a few months back. I got into VTA almost a year ago because I wanted to try onroad racing. Once I decided I liked it, I wanted to go faster. I didn't start asking why do we have to run such a slow motor, I just built another car and ran 17.5 sedan. I now want to go faster but I don't try and change the rules of stock sedan, so I built another car to run Mod sedan. I still run VTA because it is the most fun, and works the way it is setup. Our track runs a variation of USVTA rules so it makes it easier for people to try it out, but my car is 100% USVTA legal, and I am one of the fastest guys at our track. My car is legal so that I can run at bigger events like the Southern Nats or snowbirds.

I just don't understand why people that aren't even running VTA have to muck up this thread with stupid negativity.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

1. If your car is "100% USVTA legal" please outline the exact set of "rules" YOU followed. Maybe it will shed some light on ALL of the issues mentioned in the past 206 pages. Honestly, every VTA race I've seen has a different set of rules for that day and have always claimed to have been "USVAT rules".

2. Also IF you had read my original post in that thread; it wasn't to "bash" the class. It was to try and understand why only a certain brand of esc"s were being updated and not others. The bashing didn't start until the general ignorant red neck response of "if it ain't broke..don't fix it" was used. But this is not the place for that...and it doesn't matter any more.

3.the reason for posting in a thread for a class I no longer run in; is because I want to be able to recommend VTA as a comparatively stable class; with a well defined rule set that ALL participants adhere to. It's hard to promote a class where the rules are largely different from track to track.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

While I think the Tamiya series is excellent, and they do a wonderful job with the rules, if you think there has never been a racer who has taken exception to the rules, you are not paying attention.

There are people who have had rules named after them for their exploration into gray areas....
Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have to repeat what Kevin said before, "they must not have raced TCS before" I have raced the TCS for th e last 10 years, and yes while the rules are publicized, I have not seen a year that the rules change mid season because of issues that come up during season or because the rules are interpreted by people differently. And some rules get loosely followed because of the spirit of the rules and the series. Because I like the series I comply with the rules.

USVTA like any racing series can not and will not be able to put every possible rule in writing, you would have a novel for each class to address every aspect and loop hole and even then people will find an issue.

USVTA rules is probably one of the best rules set out there to promote consistency. I have a blast running the class. Follow the rules for the class or don't, it's up to you but don't complain about every little aspect.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

1. If your car is "100% USVTA legal" please outline the exact set of "rules" YOU followed. Maybe it will shed some light on ALL of the issues mentioned in the past 206 pages. Honestly, every VTA race I've seen has a different set of rules for that day and have always claimed to have been "USVAT rules". If you follow the rules laid out by the USVTA on their website you are 100% legal. If there is a rule that you are not sure about ask and you will receive an answer from Rob. If you want a rule changed to meet your own personal wants and desires then its not the rules that are laid out its your own personal issue.

2. Also IF you had read my original post in that thread; it wasn't to "bash" the class. It was to try and understand why only a certain brand of esc"s were being updated and not others. The bashing didn't start until the general ignorant red neck response of "if it ain't broke..don't fix it" was used. But this is not the place for that...and it doesn't matter any more. What ESC's are you looking for? The rules for ESC's are clearly outlined within the USVTA ESC list if a NEW ESC comes along and meets its requirements then it will be approved. Its really that simple. If the manufacture that you like doesnt have an ESC on the list its not the USVTA's responsibility to make them conform to their requirements when others have no problem meeting this standard.

3.the reason for posting in a thread for a class I no longer run in; is because I want to be able to recommend VTA as a comparatively stable class; with a well defined rule set that ALL participants adhere to. It's hard to promote a class where the rules are largely different from track to track.The class is very stable compared to other classes. If rules are being changed for your local level to help racing thats written into the rules that you can adjust them to help racing at your local track. This is much like all the rules that ROAR has inplace for say 17.5 sedan that are not followed at every local race. Most people dont complain about this fact yet people feel its with in their "rights" to do this with VTA I just fail to see why? If you enjoy racing a class follow the rules and have a good time if not do like you have and move on into another class you enjoy its really that simple.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Does anybody skip putting butter on their toast and go straight for the jelly? I myself don't, you can't taste it anyhow so why bother. Grape jelly, or jam if you prefer, is the best !!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

I don't butter waffles either. No siree, straight to the syrup for this guy !!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Back on topic

this is on my ta05 v2 IFS chassis, with a speed passion 21.5t v3 BL and a CC Sidewinder ESC

finished my first VTA body....

70 mustang boss 302

kept it simple with one paint color...

gonna do my GF's next whenever she decides on what she wants

I didnt like HPI's stickers and next time I will use the guy on here that makes them

and yes I will chop the posts when i get a minute
Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trytowin
I don't butter waffles either. No siree, straight to the syrup for this guy !!
me either i rub the butter on my vta body before the race so it cuts threw the air better i learned that from the hendrick boys and depending on track length i use light syrup u know for the short tracks
Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

on the serious though when tracks start changeing the rules of usvta to suit there needs when people travel to race all it ever does is stir up crap i think the rules need to be followed to the t or whats the point of haveing a spec class i run a vented end bell and no ring on my motor in ga at the gorc it was the only one i had that didnt want to act stupid so i ran it no one said anything it went straight threw tech?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.