Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dont think anyone was asking for a change or anything just people talking....

question....is novak the only one who makes 25.5?
Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rescue119
dont think anyone was asking for a change or anything just people talking....

question....is novak the only one who makes 25.5?
Yea they were and have been
I wasn't bashing or yelling at any one
Just Adding my 2 cents to the tire / rule / controversy lol

No I have seen a few other 25.5
But they are not on the list Or will be
At least for now

O yea BTW guys have fun racing USVTA this weekend
I know I'm gonna packing my stuff up now
Old 11-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

ok thanks for the answer.. kinda glad we are still doing 21.5 here then.....
Old 11-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Me and my teammate were going to try a cheap pan car with foam tires to run USVTA. But this RWD TC car forget it. We had BMW, HPI bodies mounted and ready to go but we changed our minds and went with the class as it stands.
If you want to water down the class go for it with this RWD TC and while your at it get the FWD car that some guys tried last year.If you don't like the way its run -it's simple run something else your happy with.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

hey since this thred is getting completely off subject of vta racing.What color shirt should i wear on race day i want to stand out ya know
Old 11-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

okay..all of this is weird...but entertaining...thanks..

you are still running 21.5's?...btw...when the USVTA ran 21.5's...it was Novak too
Old 11-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hello I am just getting started in VTA and was wondering what size battery I should get and gearing I should start with I have a TC4 and novak ballistic and novak reciever GTB any help would be great I am starting racing it tomorrow in Toledo in the 25.5 class

Thanks BIG C
Old 11-17-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Looking forward to another great race weekend of VTA!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I guess i didn't realise there were 2 sets of rules for VTA. i always thought it was USVTA.

Can some one tell me the differences that roar has from USVTA ? i was reading the "cleveland rules" and they said roar rules, which looked like a 21.5 motor and 1450 for weight ? Is that correct ?

Mike

Here's the rules i was reading. unless i"m missing something i don't see 25.5 listed as a motor ??

http://www.indoorchamps.net/VTA_Rules.html

Last edited by miket3; 11-17-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigcracing
Hello I am just getting started in VTA and was wondering what size battery I should get and gearing I should start with I have a TC4 and novak ballistic and novak reciever GTB any help would be great I am starting racing it tomorrow in Toledo in the 25.5 class

Thanks BIG C
USVTA rules have a 5000mah limit so the Reedy Wolfpack 5000mah 25c batteries are great for that as well as fairly cheap.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I agree with what Pete and others have state....do not change the rules. The only issue we have at our track and from the posts I see is someone wanted to bend the rules to suit themselves.

The VTA class is hugely popular at out club, bringing in 15 to 25 cars every Friday! It works cause people know what to expect and don't have to worry about having the latest and greatest. just follow the list and have a great time.

We further clamp down on the rules by having an FDR limit to keep the speeds even lower. This is our decision, not the usvta. It keeps the racing closer.

The one motor manufacture issue is one that I hope NEVER changes. I like the idea that everyone is running the same motor. I know there are differences in individual motors but think about the trouble that will come up if a new motor was introduced. Say your fast guy at the track has the new motor, now everyone is going to go out and buy that motor to try and keep up. That is not the spirit of VTA as I interpret it.

25.5 is not the same manufacturer to manufacturer. The KV is different. I am so impressed by the rules that Rob and others have worked so hard to develop and hope they never change.

Go out and race!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miket3
I guess i didn't realise there were 2 sets of rules for VTA. i always thought it was USVTA.

Can some one tell me the differences that roar has from USVTA ? i was reading the "cleveland rules" and they said roar rules, which looked like a 21.5 motor and 1450 for weight ? Is that correct ?

Mike

Here's the rules i was reading. unless i"m missing something i don't see 25.5 listed as a motor ??

http://www.indoorchamps.net/VTA_Rules.html
Im pretty sure those are old rules. Last roar race I saw was 25.5 for vta. But like everything ROAR related, finding the actual new rules is not as easy as a search. I just searched their site and couldnt find their ruling
Old 11-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

our rules

CTA

Motor: 21.5 Brushless motor ROAR Approved or silver can
ESC: No ESC timing or boost.
Battery: ROAR approved 2S Li-po hard case batteries only
Tires: HPI VTA Spec tires
Weight: Minimum weight 1450g
Bodies: Vintage Trans-Am spec bodies only. Driver and/or lights preferred, but not required.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mera'din
I agree with what Pete and others have state....do not change the rules. The only issue we have at our track and from the posts I see is someone wanted to bend the rules to suit themselves.

The VTA class is hugely popular at out club, bringing in 15 to 25 cars every Friday! It works cause people know what to expect and don't have to worry about having the latest and greatest. just follow the list and have a great time.

We further clamp down on the rules by having an FDR limit to keep the speeds even lower. This is our decision, not the usvta. It keeps the racing closer.

The one motor manufacture issue is one that I hope NEVER changes. I like the idea that everyone is running the same motor. I know there are differences in individual motors but think about the trouble that will come up if a new motor was introduced. Say your fast guy at the track has the new motor, now everyone is going to go out and buy that motor to try and keep up. That is not the spirit of VTA as I interpret it.

25.5 is not the same manufacturer to manufacturer. The KV is different. I am so impressed by the rules that Rob and others have worked so hard to develop and hope they never change.

Go out and race!
only thing i dont agree with you in your statement is the chassis.......there are people who will run the lastest and greatest - example xray t4 - and they will have an advantage....

another example I run a ta05v2ifs in gt stock and another driver at my club was running a xray t3 09 and we ran neck and neck all the time... last race he got a used xray t3 12 chassis and ran that and he is now 3/4 a lap faster than me.....
Old 11-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Guess I just dont understand people running outside of the rules. Its not USVTA racing. Cant go race big events, stuck only in the club racing scene at their track. I wouldnt be racing if thats all I could do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.