Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

I think it's time for this ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eWopfEJq48

Old 11-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trytowin
I think it's time for this ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eWopfEJq48

+1000.... Time for a group hug...
Old 11-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

smile, the world will wonder whats wrong...
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-img_1292.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-kings%2520of%2520vta.jpg  

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 11-12-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
anybody with a issue with the USVTA rules in anyway...or dont understand...please pm or call me..Ill happily answer your question...
If someone has any issue with USVTA or USGT rules for that matter they should talk to Rob King the man calling the shots and all his decisions are final when it comes to the USVTA/USGT. I dont know why you would go to someone else when all you need to do is go straight to the man in charge then there is no misinformation about any question or whats going on.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

or come to the Nationals Sept 2013 and see how its done..come hell or high water I will be running VTA next year...so all of you can see how the KING get down...

and for anybody running any other rules but USVTA....just ask...the more ppl running the more the class will grow...new cousins everyday[/QUOTE]

I agree the more ppl the better racing gets. Our vta class in fort wayne indiana is growing. The racing is getting tighter every week. Summit racing is a very freiendly enviorment. No body is worried about paint schemes. I believe that as long as esc, tires, batteries are equal it will help vta class grow.
I hope that eveyone will consider racing at Summit Raceway in March for Roar Region 5 VTA nats. I love the remodeling Dale and Jeremy have done there. We are so lucky to have track owners that love the hobby. So hope all you Vta racers come and join our fun.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

We will have to agree to disagree here then. Regardless of what RobK or anyone else says. The rules state you can not do it as they are typed up now. The biggest issue you will run into with any set of rules is not clearly stating what is and what is not allowed. When you leave it open to interpretation, people will come up with excuses as to why they are allowed to do it. I see this as the case here. Traction compound should be put on just before running. Not days before even mounting the tires. That is NOT in the spirit of slower, controlled racing.

So how do you propose we enforce this? Not that what i think has any bearing on anything
Old 11-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

and wonder even more

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 11-12-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Ok. Here's some "fuel for the fire". What do you guys think about this fresh VTA paint job?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcsuicide
Ok. Here's some "fuel for the fire". What do you guys think about this fresh VTA paint job?
Ambitious but rubbish! Throw it away before it hurts somebody's eyes even more.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

I like blue and black..sorry
Old 11-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
So how do you propose we enforce this?
WITH THE DOGS OF WAR!!!!!

But seriously, having raced in the USVTA under both the old and new rule sets, having tried all of the original powertrain options and the current 25.5, having destroyed every body available, and having pushed every "trick" in the book to the brink of legality, I find the best way to engineer a win is with the good old chrome horn. .....but I run with a bunch of great racers who don't necessarily care who wins as long as we're all laughing when the last of our wreckage crosses the timing loop.

Keep the fun atmosphere alive and rules don't matter, cheaters don't bother to cheat, and newcomers fall in love with the hobby right quick.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by rcsuicide
What is that on the hood of the car? They look like tentacles from hell!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
So how do you propose we enforce this? Not that what i think has any bearing on anything
I personally don't care about tire prep and to each their own. At big races you could do what they do in other spec tire classes. Check tires, and only NIP or bought from the race provider. Would make it much harder to do all the tire prep if they don't have the tires open and mounted in advance.

I don't have a pony in this race, but if the intention is not to enforce the rule (whether due to logistics or otherwise), shouldn't it just be removed from the rules?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

A little tidbit from north of the border.
Guys here were bitching and moaning about not wanting to run VTA because they hate the bodies.
They want to run tuner bodies!
So to try to make the class grow this year our local club track said, okay put on your tuner bodies and come out. (The WCICS series it must be a VTA approved body!)
Guess what? I've seen 2 out of 12 cars run a tuner and one was a Pantera.
The rest run VTA bodies with nostalgia paint.
You will never not be able to run because of your paint!

Most paint up the first body's to match the paint scheme on their TC's, but after they break them (which happens quick) they come back in a vintage paint scheme.
Why? faster to paint.
We've had 3 white cars with the same blue stripe, thankfully I'm one to surf the net and find a paint no one runs and never have a duplicate to confuse me on track.....

There will always be people that stretch the rules or try to find a way around them.
It's to bad that a spec class can't be followed and run simply. The spec classes end up having the most rules and the most arguments because of the rules.
The best line I love in rule sets is: "If it isn't in here, than it isn't legal!" but there are always some.............

Spec racing is fun and these are TOY cars. Have fun with it as it is.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

For some inspiration on VTA paint jobs, take a look at these 2 pics.

Lots of great nostalgic VTA paint jobs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.