Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
Running today at Thunder in Nashville.
I was looking for that on Liverc.com today and never saw it. The offroad was on it yesterday but no onroad.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by gumtape
I'm setting up an Exotek T2 007 for VTA racing and I thought I would try the Pegasus SS (camaro) body. It was available on Phil's Hobby Shop for the ridiculously cheap $15.

Other than the low price, there is not a lot going for this brand. There are no paint masks or decals, no overspray film, and no obvious cut lines for the lower edge. Finally, the lexan is fairly thin. The good news is that I won't feel bad beating it up. Next time I will spend the extra $10 for HPI.
After your experience with the Pegasus Hobbies Camaro SS body, be sure to go to this online poll about VTA bodies and type in a comment about your experience. My first VTA body was a Pegasus Hobbies "Big Fish" Hemi Cuda and after racing that one for a week I swore I will never buy another Pegasus body again.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I was looking for that on Liverc.com today and never saw it. The offroad was on it yesterday but no onroad.
http://www.thunderrcraceway.com/
Old 04-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mooby64
But according to the Official Rule....You Have Been Cheating..!!!
never that....Im sure if that was the case....by me winning...somebody would have open their mouth...somebody...but like Ive stated...Ive raced US VTA at many many tracks and have never had an issue...

only issue Ive ever had was with Chad at the 2008 Top Gun race in Georgia...he didnt like my BAT-MAN Mustang...cause it had the logo on the doors...lol...silly Chad...I stil beat you....Ha Ha

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Forget the rules. You put a Chevy part on a Ford. Bad darkside.
well...I like Fords and Chevy....and own both..and a Dodge...crap...I have no loyalty....

Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL
Some people just have to much time on there hands !!!!!! I'll leave it at that.
lets pray...and pray...and a little more...nope, they still do...

Originally Posted by MasterPlan
your right it's a club thing that we are starting this sunday, but our club has allowed many non approved bodies. The rules are well....... I love the 25.5 motor rules, ESC rule, weight rule and bodies, but I love all the pre 1979 bodies. I like the old hotrod look very much.
we used to too..and we dont push to hard for new guys...but its 18 bodies on the official list....and most tracks you only see two or 3 different bodies...that is one of the reasons I try and change up so much...

but if its at your local track...have fun and get things going...good luck and thanks for running VTA

Ahhhhh true scale racing at last. realistic looking bodies, finding loop holes in the rules to gain an advantage, arguing about the rule set and now fines on top of fines.

I really don't care about the spoilers. They don't make a difference in this class. Just to throw this out there though you wouldn't see one manufacturer using another manufacturers spoiler in real trans am racing.
true...a look is a look...here is two of my Mustangs...one with a spoiler , one with out...besides paint...which looks better?

I raced both at Nexus that day

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
What type of track do you run on? Having run on a giant outdoor asphalt track last summer trying both Camaro and Mustang bodies, the spoiler/body made a very noticable difference. On a smaller track and/or on carpet I wouldn't think it would matter much(?)
good thought...do some testing with the same car and setup and get back with your findings

I have run both but my home track is indoor carpet and high traction technical. I ran the Pegasus mustang on the longer outdoor tracks and finished very well. I didn't miss a rear spoiler at all. Car seemed to handle fine without it.
good findings...and I would agree...weight will play more of a factor than the spoiler(screws and bolts)

Running today at Thunder in Nashville, I ripped my spoiler off my 68 Camaro body during a very skilled cork screw passing maneuver that didnt go well, and it was a very noticeable difference for the rest of the race. Got very loose in the rear. Remounted it between heats and was back to how it was before the failed super skilled maneuver attempt.

For those that didnt get it, there was A LOT of sarcasm in the "maneuver", was more of a WTF did I just do moment
in the middle of a race...if a spoiler breaks off on one side...it will change the handling...but not because of the spoiler itself...but because of the pole hanging from your ride...thats why you will see ppl rip it off and continue racing....

the spoilers make no aero difference...but makes a difference in weight...those grams add up when screws bolts washers sho goo and the spoiler itself is on the end of the body...that weight is on the rear of the car and rear tires...take it away...and your car will get loose
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-usvta-nationals-2009-009.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-usvta-nationals-2009-006.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-normal_darkside.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-usvta-nationals-2009-069.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-usvta-nationals-2009-059.jpg  

Old 04-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Yeah Dirla forgot to press the record button. DOH! So no record of the events, which might possibly include me putting batman over the wall back onto the front straight to make him go half a lap back. But since there is no evidence , it never happend
Old 04-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarivers
Yeah Dirla forgot to press the record button. DOH! So no record of the events, which might possibly include me putting batman over the wall back onto the front straight to make him go half a lap back. But since there is no evidence , it never happend
Or ending up in the dirt room lol
Old 04-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by aarivers
yeah but since you posted it....proof enough...lol

Or ending up in the dirt room lol
still a good run....glad you made it up
Old 04-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Is it me or is all the 5000 mah lipos starting to be discontiued? I was looking to replace my Gen-ace pack that i messed up and realized that most of the other brands are going to higher capacities. Is a rule change coming in the near future?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Is it me or is all the 5000 mah lipos starting to be discontiued? I was looking to replace my Gen-ace pack that i messed up and realized that most of the other brands are going to higher capacities. Is a rule change coming in the near future?
Rules have been changed. 5000 mah 2s hard case lipo. Does not need to be roar approved.

Try the thunder power 4300 65c pro race. A little pricey at around $90 but I absolutely love mine.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Rules have been changed. 5000 mah 2s hard case lipo. Does not need to be roar approved.

Try the thunder power 4300 65c pro race. A little pricey at around $90 but I absolutely love mine.
I've been using these Turnigy 4000mAh 30C hardcase batteries and I find that they do the job for VTA racing perfectly. Plus you can't argue about the price. Take a look.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

here are some other 5000mah packs, i searched these at A-Main (and they're ROAR approved):

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...ywords=5000mah

ProTek R/C 2S "Supreme Power" Li-Poly 35C - http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-ROAR-Approved

EcoPower "Electron" 2S Li-Poly 30C - http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-ROAR-Approved

DuraTrax Onyx 2S Hard Case Li-Poly 25C - http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...or-74V-5000mAh

Venom Power 2S Li-Poly 20C - http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...or-74V-5000mAh

'big boy' and most expensive
Team Orion 2S "Carbon Pro" 90C -http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...es-74V-5000mAh

only the EcoPower ones are back ordered as of right now...so you can still find them, if you look
Old 04-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

after talking to the the guys at AE, they have heard the US VTA and made sure the 5000 lipos are around...as well as put the TC4 back out there in the Club Racer

Detailed Part Description:

Reedy's WolfPack LiPo batteries meet the performance demands of both the casual enthusiast and the club racer. Generous discharge capabilities increase overall power and top speed while high capacities extend run times far beyond what is capable with NiMH batteries or lower-quality LiPo batteries.

Each battery features Reedy's molded hard case for maximum crash protection in sizes that fit the most popular car configurations. High-quality cell manufacturing and construction techniques result in reliable operation and maximum cycle-life.

Reedy's WolfPack 5000mAh 25C 7.4V LiPo battery is not only an economically priced sport battery, but equally suited for competition. Chassis weight distribution is easily altered thanks to the battery's light weight. Instead of a typical plug-type connector, the battery is equipped with low-resistance competition-style 4mm sockets.

Install the WolfPack today and let your car howwwwl!

MSRP Price: $83.99
Web Price: $57.99

TC4 Club Racer

The TC4 Club Racer is an excellent platform for Spec Class racing, drifting and for racers who want to try on-road racing without breaking the bank.

The TC4 Club Racer's pre-built chassis includes all of the features you would expect from Team Associated, and is ready to accept most 1:10 scale touring, VTA, and drift car bodies, and 1:10 wheels, tires and electronics.

Build your dream car with the many Factory Team accessories and upgrade parts now available.

Features

•Pre-built "race roller" chassis ready to accept most 1:10 scale touring car electronics, bodies, wheels and tires
•Efficient shaft drive system with blue anodized drive shaft
•Rear ball differential with lightweight composite outdrives
•Front spool to ensure maximum power delivery to all four wheels in low traction conditions
•Lightweight composite CVD drive bones
•Composite VCS fluid filled shocks with adjustable ride height
•22 precision ball bearings included
•Machined aluminum motor mount with cooling-fins for increased heat dissipation
•Impact-resistant, lightweight front bumper system
•Many Factory Team accessories and upgrades available
Old 04-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If i can run my TC3 to a second place finish against TC6.1s, the TC4 will work just fine.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
after talking to the the guys at AE, they have heard the US VTA and made sure the 5000 lipos are around...as well as put the TC4 back out there in the Club Racer.
Hey DARKSIDE, I sent you a PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

so some guy with a 6000mah battery is just going to own?

We could almost double our VTA class if :

1. guys could run the batteries they already own for other classes, which left 5000 behind long ago , save $$

2. guys could run blinky esc as they already own one and most of the approved esc's are discontinued, save $$

also these two changes would allow most guys to run the same car in VTA and blinky 17.5 again saving them money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.