Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
new tires....

take them out the pack

sauce for 3-5 min

run tires...4-6 min

return to pits

sauce tires with SXT , and wipe clean

repeat....

only clean and sauce with reg SXT.... never swell or any issue
i follow same method on my PF as well as all tyres I use. SXT for cleaning and sauce.

PF still swelled
chiefj48 and moparSRT like this.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman

i follow same method on my PF as well as all tyres I use. SXT for cleaning and sauce.

PF still swelled
They will swell no matter what . Dark side is sponsored by Protoform so he’s going to say the tires are amazing and the best tire on the market .
Old 05-23-2019, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi John, and NO....that's not what I said and no need to make up anything for me.... yes Im sponsored but Im also VERY honest about what I see and use.... now I posted what I do as far as tires....that's all. I only had 1 set swell and that was the 1st set of Prototype tires that me and Rob had.... but I was trying to get them to work way to fast and they balloon on me bad....now what was good about the ballooning is that they worked great on asphalt but sucked on carpet....

if you over sauce or add a bunch of crazy chemicals to the tire, they do all kinds of crazy... but simple methods like I posted and you shouldn't see any, or at best min swell....

and as I posted here a 1000 times...I run VTA more than most of the people on here, and I travel all around to do so....and I honestly don't see the issues a lot of you have with tires motors esc's servos or bodies...or just about anything that gets thrown in the mix of complaints....

I think if you have a legit complaint ...I suggest take a video or pic and PM me Rob Kevin or PF, and see if we can help....but coming on here downing the class isn't going to get you nowhere...IMO
fanfor18, aracefan and Hopscotch like this.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

You guys that run on asphalt. Do they spray the track with some sort of sauce or compound to provide grip?
Old 05-23-2019, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

All of the tracks I go to are sprayed, even the parking lot tracks. As far as tire sause I use a combination of LG1 and LG2 depending on the grip levels but most of the time I'll finish out the day on LG2 as the car starts to settle too much into the track and get slower with the LG1
Old 05-23-2019, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hi John, and NO....that's not what I said and no need to make up anything for me.... yes Im sponsored but Im also VERY honest about what I see and use.... now I posted what I do as far as tires....that's all. I only had 1 set swell and that was the 1st set of Prototype tires that me and Rob had.... but I was trying to get them to work way to fast and they balloon on me bad....now what was good about the ballooning is that they worked great on asphalt but sucked on carpet....

if you over sauce or add a bunch of crazy chemicals to the tire, they do all kinds of crazy... but simple methods like I posted and you shouldn't see any, or at best min swell....

and as I posted here a 1000 times...I run VTA more than most of the people on here, and I travel all around to do so....and I honestly don't see the issues a lot of you have with tires motors esc's servos or bodies...or just about anything that gets thrown in the mix of complaints....

I think if you have a legit complaint ...I suggest take a video or pic and PM me Rob Kevin or PF, and see if we can help....but coming on here downing the class isn't going to get you nowhere...IMO
I’m not , and trust me I probably do more than most . I have four or five sets that are soft to the point the work and loan them to people to help with their frustrations of getting their tires to work . I have no problem I know how to manipulate the tire to make it work . Or changing setup . But a tire that has been broken down can put Down a consistent second a lap faster time it’s hard to say I’m wrong .
Kodey65 likes this.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

While we did not have a VTA class. Our parking lot racing used orange soda.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

We use Grape soda or Sno-cone syrup here at our track.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Well put Trigger.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Talking

new tires....

take them out the pack

sauce for 3-5 min

run tires...4-6 min

return to pits

sauce tires with SXT , and wipe clean

repeat....

only clean and sauce with reg SXT.... never swell or any issue
cause you give them away beofre they do . and your associated car can work on fresh tires once they break in to where the tires are actually good and you get new ones
moparSRT likes this.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

I'm just in time for another Tire bashing moment
Old 05-23-2019, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

These are the tires from the Apex Challenge and Hudy Race .... and same tires from last weeks club race. The only new set I have is from the ROAR Nats and I'm saving those for up and coming big races.... but I dont see much if any swelling ...do you?
Old 05-23-2019, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Darkside,
The PF tires SUCK on asphalt plan an simple!!!!
Stop all the BS and address the problem!!
We just ran a 500 lap USGT race with Sorex tires and had NO problems.
Don’t come on here and tell us how great the tires are when we all know they could and should be better.
You have been telling us for over a year that there would be a solution to the problem, and to date NOTHING!!
We have been running USVTA since 2013 and I will tell you at the end of this year VTA will be dead on asphalt, end of story!!
You can tell us how great PF tires are, but at the end of the day they are Junk!!
Okay I feel better now that I got that out!!
lol
Old 05-23-2019, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ok tire guys. Because we secretly monitor your conversations at the race track, we know you have problems. Some of your problems may be caused by motor spray. In our underground lab, we have a 70 year old man named "Uncle Kenny" who we force to race trans am all the time, and report back to us. It turns out some guys who have went away from cleaning tires with motor spray have reduced the swelling problems. The alternative is lighter fluid. This may not be 100% of the solution, but the guys who have tried this I trust to give me honest feedback.

The other thing is that the HPI tire swelled as well. Typically, i would get a month on a set of tires on carpet, and they were ready for asphalt only.

This issue is being looked into, but give us some time. Thanks
dawgmeat, Raman, mariob62 and 2 others like this.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiefj48
Darkside,
The PF tires SUCK on asphalt plan an simple!!!!
Stop all the BS and address the problem!!
We just ran a 500 lap USGT race with Sorex tires and had NO problems.
Don’t come on here and tell us how great the tires are when we all know they could and should be better.
You have been telling us for over a year that there would be a solution to the problem, and to date NOTHING!!
We have been running USVTA since 2013 and I will tell you at the end of this year VTA will be dead on asphalt, end of story!!
You can tell us how great PF tires are, but at the end of the day they are Junk!!
Okay I feel better now that I got that out!!
lol
Productive feedback, thanks. We will definitely "step up", now that you have chimed in.
Raman and NutDriver like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.