Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Like Tree1697Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Old 07-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Now that a Trinity motor has been approved, just need to keep some people in check and let them know that only 1 particular trinity 25.5 has been approved. You know there are guys out there that will still try and run a d4 in the car saying it's a Trinity and it's roar approved.

But glad to see ROAR finally getting on the game with approving motors since they actually have specs now. I just hope that as tight as th specs are, no particular motor is a huge standout.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

A little reminder to Rob and Kevin: the rules on the USVTA web site still need to be updated to indicate Novak plus ROAR-approved motors.

This was pointed out to me by a newbie (or rather, a re-tread) when I sent him the link for the rules. (Another guy joins the VTA fun! Yeah!)
Old 07-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would think the motor to keep an eye on would be the Trinity. Some of their product runs have not been consistent, either on purpose or by mistake.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone have a basic setup for a Tamiya 417 on black carpet?
Went last week for the first time in several years, and all I did was traction roll.
It was so bad I don't know where to start with the current setup.

If anyone has a setup that has been working well on the new carpet and you wouldn't mind sharing I would be thankful!
Old 07-18-2016, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default VTA Racing near Indianapolis Indiana

I know that IndyHobbies posted a while back but I wanted to post again to let folks know about our track near Indianapolis. We are still running the current VTA and USGT rules package (ie, not the 8/1/16 rules) at our track for the final two weeks.

If you are within driving distance, we would welcome anyone to come join us on Friday nights. Racing starts at 7:00pm with two heats and then mains. All our racers are willing to lend a helping hand to other racers, especially new comers. We typically average a total of 20-30 entries between the two classes and on occasion run 17.5. We have a fairly small track (75'x50' I would estimate) on the older gray carpet.

Hopefully word will spread and we can drum up some new faces in regular attendance.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It has been a few weeks since Death of Novak racing and the severe illness at HPI.
The trouble getting HPI front tires and inventory of Novak 25.5 motors that are getting harder for my local hobbyshop to get for me and it is starting to constrict new racers from getting started and existing racers to continue.
I don't want you to think I'm throwing empfy beer cans at the here. Leadership needs to give the racers a since of direction.
If i was going to guess at whats going on leaders are going to wait till after the big VTA races have past before they make a change that would throw a wrench in to the racers that are attending those races. Leaving racers going to those races scrambling to test to see if the new 25.5 motors are a game changer i think that they will be. The tires are going to be more problem matic if HPI in the US doesn't start shipping tires this is a problem . I am running tires that are going to be down to the inserts soon. A friend wanted to start racing VTA and i had to give him tires that are past there usefull life cycle. Give us a clue on whats going to happen here. Thank you for all your hard work. VTA is such a great class and changes will be hard to do and not everybody's going to be happy.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vivo quevas View Post
It has been a few weeks since Death of Novak racing and the severe illness at HPI.
The trouble getting HPI front tires and inventory of Novak 25.5 motors that are getting harder for my local hobbyshop to get for me and it is starting to constrict new racers from getting started and existing racers to continue.
I don't want you to think I'm throwing empfy beer cans at the here. Leadership needs to give the racers a since of direction.
If i was going to guess at whats going on leaders are going to wait till after the big VTA races have past before they make a change that would throw a wrench in to the racers that are attending those races. Leaving racers going to those races scrambling to test to see if the new 25.5 motors are a game changer i think that they will be. The tires are going to be more problem matic if HPI in the US doesn't start shipping tires this is a problem . I am running tires that are going to be down to the inserts soon. A friend wanted to start racing VTA and i had to give him tires that are past there usefull life cycle. Give us a clue on whats going to happen here. Thank you for all your hard work. VTA is such a great class and changes will be hard to do and not everybody's going to be happy.
Just my 2 cents--- I would think "IF" HPI stops making/importing the VTA wheels and tires, the RIDE/USGT tire would be the next best option.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Also F1 tire also could be a option but USGT tires are good option too.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Will the F1 or CRC tires fit the HPI wheels?
Old 07-22-2016, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If HPI isn't going to make tires for VTA why don't the VTA gods get ahold of Paul and see if he can get them for us racers.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Did the real cars run treaded tires?
Old 07-22-2016, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yep
Old 07-22-2016, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does anyone here run a AE TC7 or ,or Yokomo BD7 chassis?

Which one works best? I'm sure it's opinion but I'd like to get a new chassis for VTA.

Been running a 6.1 but I think I want something better and more updated.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just so you guys know, there is a company working on a tire right now. That's all I can say.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks Rob for the info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service