Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Sway bars added to the TC3, front and rear. Thought that might be fun to play around with. I really never ran them on the car, front or rear before. Some one brought it up at the track, so what the heck.
I know for me, running a front sway bar really helped settle the car down - it was like night & day difference for me.

rear sway bars don't seem to give me an advantage or different feel - so normally I just run a front and if a car says to build it with a rear (and they give me optional sizes), I usually run the thinnest available
Old 06-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
I checked the 25.5 brushless motors on A main Hobbies and 4 of the 6 manufactures listed there (including Novak's BOSS 25.5) state in their product descriptions that their 25.5 motors are either approved by ROAR or built to comply with ROAR Specifications. So someone is confused here!!.
There is no confusion on ROAR's part. You would be amazed at the number of manufacturers that state their products are ROAR approved when they simply are not.

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
Anyway I sent an email to ROAR asking if there are Specs for 25.5 spec brushless motors and if there are any approved 25.5 brushless motors that just happen to not have made the publishing date for the approved brushless motor list on their website. I'll let you know what ROAR has to say about ROAR approved motors for use in ROAR's VTA class.
Here are the specs I presented to ROAR when I was technical director:

ROAR Spec 25.5 motor:

Winding:
The winding must be two strands of parallel wire 25.5 turns, each pole.
Each strand must have a maximum conductor diameter of 0.0256 inch.

Resistance:
The resistance between terminals A to B, A to C, and B to C must be at least 102.1 milliohms at 25C, when measured over a range of 20 to 30 degrees C and multiplied by a correction factor of (1-((T_measured-25)*0.00393)).

None of this made it into the latest rule book. Terminal resistance was a new spec I suggested (for all motors) to permit quick, non-destructive testing. Don't expect it to be added to the rules in the near future.

No 25.5 motors have been approved since there are no rules for them.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Sway bars added to the TC3, front and rear. Thought that might be fun to play around with. I really never ran them on the car, front or rear before. Some one brought it up at the track, so what the heck.
I've tried running cars without them thinking it would add traction. But for the asphalt tracks I run at putting them on the car made things better... car stayed more level so the contact patch across both tires was better. Of course I could see going to really thick bars and the result going back to a lack of traction.

One thing about VTA is that is has forced me to try things . In the past when I ran TC I just ran it right out of the box and focused on tires and saucing. Maybe it's the lack of traction or downforce, but I find that in this class I have to change things to stay reasonably competitive. Sometimes I get it right and creep into the top 3, other days I just try to to stay out of peoples way I figure any day when I can keep Scotty behind me for at least 2 or 3 laps is pretty good.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Bla bla blabla bla !!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a bunch of bench racing going on in hear !!! Slackers especially from the select Florida boys are any of you doing any racing any time soon or are we just gonna listen to how fast you once were I know I'm dying to get back on the track ASAP any racing for Father's Day or what ???
Old 06-12-2014, 04:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by howardcano
There is no confusion on ROAR's part. You would be amazed at the number of manufacturers that state their products are ROAR approved when they simply are not.

Here are the specs I presented to ROAR when I was technical director:

ROAR Spec 25.5 motor:

Winding:
The winding must be two strands of parallel wire 25.5 turns, each pole.
Each strand must have a maximum conductor diameter of 0.0256 inch.

Resistance:
The resistance between terminals A to B, A to C, and B to C must be at least 102.1 milliohms at 25C, when measured over a range of 20 to 30 degrees C and multiplied by a correction factor of (1-((T_measured-25)*0.00393)).

None of this made it into the latest rule book. Terminal resistance was a new spec I suggested (for all motors) to permit quick, non-destructive testing. Don't expect it to be added to the rules in the near future.

No 25.5 motors have been approved since there are no rules for them.
somebody on the board didn't want those rules in the rule book because somebody on the board wanted their own brand motors to be approved........
That would be my guess
Old 06-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayL
somebody on the board didn't want those rules in the rule book because somebody on the board wanted their own brand motors to be approved........
That would be my guess
There were no motor manufacturers on the excom when I presented the rules, nor have there been any since. All the names are listed on the ROAR website, so please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
Sounds like a bunch of bench racing going on in hear !!! Slackers especially from the select Florida boys are any of you doing any racing any time soon or are we just gonna listen to how fast you once were I know I'm dying to get back on the track ASAP any racing for Father's Day or what ???
You been drinking again, Pete ?
Old 06-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

can you get off your butt and get my fancy pit towel front texas roadhouse. yes the florida boys are racing this weekend. lol. we need the wheeltime.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
You been drinking again, Pete ?
Nope sober as a judge lmao
Just busting ba//$

Need a race fix bad coming of that regional win I just want to keep going

What happened didn't see you at regionals
Mopar and ferman raced and they did pretty good
I think you were a lil chicken lmao
Scotty even stopped buy to watch the fast guys race . Roflmao
Old 06-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fermanracer
can you get off your butt and get my fancy pit towel front texas roadhouse. yes the florida boys are racing this weekend. lol. we need the wheeltime.
I have a surprise for you next race lmao . Team chinacan
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-image.jpg  
Old 06-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Just busting ba//$

Need a race fix bad coming of that regional win I just want to keep going

What happened didn't see you at regionals
Mopar and ferman raced and they did pretty good
I think you were a lil chicken lmao
Scotty even stopped buy to watch the fast guys race . Roflmao
I heard you had that one-off, hand built, 5%, blue-printed team member only, blessed by the hands of God D3.5 Trinity motor, too rich for my blood Lol, yeah I'll catch up soon.... I did some sport bike riding that weekend. RC fun... two wheels and 1000cc even more fun
Old 06-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

I heard you had that one-off, hand built, 5%, blue-printed team member only, blessed by the hands of God D3.5 Trinity motor, too rich for my blood Lol, yeah I'll catch up soon.... I did some sport bike riding that weekend. RC fun... two wheels and 1000cc even more fun

You are sooo lucky I can't make clucking noises in a post
See ya soon brotha .
Old 06-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Whoever said judges are sober? Don't you remember that scene from Cheech & Chong- up in smoke.... f*****g vodka, man!!!

Ferman might

I'll probably be at Full Throttle in July.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

I have a surprise for you next race lmao . Team chinacan
your a pimp. Is there anything you cant do.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Whoever said judges are sober? Don't you remember that scene from Cheech & Chong- up in smoke.... f*****g vodka, man!!!

Ferman might

I'll probably be at Full Throttle in July.
ah you remembered. what were you doing in court. you need to get down to valkaria for some great vta racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.